RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Forgotten Chronicles: The Child Of The Star, Remaked.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
When I first joined, I posted a project called Forgotten Chronicles: Child Of The Star. It was a tactical game, and no one gave any comments on the game, sadly.

It has gone awhile, and the project was still in my project folder, but I didn't work on it. Then, one day, while I still was waiting for my world map, I decided to revive this project. I keeped the name, and the tactical system, but I changed most of the story, and the characters.

Forgotten Chronicles: The Child Of The Star 

Kind of scripts I use:
Zenith Tactical Battle System: Translated by Mac
Advance message script: Made by Dubealex
Mogs Menu scripts: Moghunter
Face script
Transparent Script.

Story:
Everyone is a star......
We are one of a kind.....all of us have it's own
soul.....
At the same time a star is born...a hero with great
powers is born....
And when a star dies...the hero will die as well...

The emperor of Spinra stands in his garden. He looks upon the sky. The stars shines like a game of light. The Cancellor and Wizard Orin enters the garden. He aks if something is wrong. The emperor tells Orin that he has fellt a strange feeling for some days now, tha something is very wrong. He tells Orin to warn everyone in the castle for this danger, wich the emperor can't explain with words. Now, Orin tells the emperor that his child has been born, and when they enter the castle, a star falls on the sky. A new star was born.

20 years later.
Deep in the Forest of Orvine, a girl named Lilia is fixing her hair. She looks into the window, and ask herself who she is? She has fellt for a long time that she's not home. There is nothing wrong with her mum or something. Her mum has been a hero for her. Taking care of a mysterius girl like her, with the mystical power of magic, wich only the elfs knows. But she isn't a elf. She dosen't have he ears. Or is she?
Then, someone enters the room. It's her best friend, Eric, who she has known ever since she was a little girl. Eric aks her if she could help him with something. He needs help with killing some rats in the old wítch kitchen. She agrees to help him, unknown that this will lead to her destiny.

Characters:

Lilia

Weapon: Rods and daggers
Special: The art of healing, white type.
The main character in this game. She dosen't remember so much of her past before the age of 5, and she fellts that she dosen't belong in Orvine forest.Since she has the power of magic, wich no human ever has learned before, she is more confused over her past, and after agreed to help Eric, she's dragged to the quest of her destiny.

Eric

Weapon: Lance and spear
Special: Lance tactics along with some other things he can't control.
Eric is a gentlemen. He has lived in Orvine forest ever since his parents leaved him alone in the forest. He was found by the local priest, and he raised Eric with the faith of religion. Even if he has been raised in the religion way, he dosen't kbow any light magic, wich the priest knows, after he has studied under a elf for some years. One day, when Erics was out in the forest, he meet the old witch, who lives deep into the forest. She was looking for a young man, who could help her with some rats in the kitchen. Eric was to scare to say no, and when he returned to the village, he aksed Lilia for help, since he dosen't want to do this alone.

Felicia

Weapon: Maces and rods.
Special: The art of Magic, all types, and the art of healing, black and white type.
Felicia is a rebel. She has lived in the elven village whole her life, and she has been a mess for her parents, the leaders of her elven village, Eda. Felicia likes to read books without her parents permision, and that's why she has learned the black types of magic. Felicia knows that something is wrong, and she has told her parents many times to do something, but since they dosen't trust her 100%, she has stopped to try to warn them, and will let the darkness take over their village, and then, save the day! Not so smart, but....

Luxus

Weapon: Swords. All sizes.
Special: Sword tactics and army tactics, like honor and rally, and stuff like that.
Luxus is a general in the Spinra army. 20 years ago, he joined the army, as the protector of the emperors child, but after some mistakes under his first year, he was demoted to soldier. After hard training, he has got the rank General, and he's the bodyguard of the emperor. Since the last months, and capital has been in disorder, since the emperor has grown old, and can't do as much as he could before. Luxus wanted to stay by the kings side, and guard himfrom rebles, but was ordered be Orin to search after a person. He didn't gave any description of the person, he just told Luxus to search with his heart as a guide. After rejecting, Luxus finally leaved the castle, to search after the unknown person.

Now, I mention magic types in the bois. There are 6 magic types.

The neutral
Red: Fire magic types. From flames to lava.
Blue: Ice and water magic types.
Yellow: Thunder and wind magic types.
Green: Earth magic types.

The Good
White: White types of magic, like healing and light destruction magics.

The Evil
Black: The evli magic types. The evil magic types is both healing and destruction types.

Screenshots

Try the demo, and tell me what you think. New demo link.

http://www.savefile.com/files/695270

« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 05:19:54 PM by Black Shadow »

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
I'm downloading the demo now,  I was thinking of making a tactical game with ZTBS.  How's it working?

I'll give you some feedback when I finish the demo.

Edit:

There was no font in the folder, so I couldn't see any text. 

As soon as I clicked what would be "New Game"  I got this error.  I'd recommend reuploading the demo, with all the graphics/audio you used. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 08:12:32 PM by Jalkson »

Rep:
Level 89
My mistake. I only pasted the BGM files. I will fix that.

I will fix up a new demo at once. Since I can't infd the place where I downloaded the font, I will have Times New Roman in the demo, until I find the place.

( By the way, Im using Harrington. I coudln't upload it on savefile)

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Looks pretty nice. I'll wait until you fix up the demo to try it, but it seems neat.

Rep:
Level 89
New demo link in the first post.

Rep:
Level 88
29MB. This better be well worth the time. xP  J/k  I'll give you some feedback in a bit when I'm finished with it.'

I'm playing it now, just a quick note.  Trying to find the entrance to the temple was a pain.  I'm not sure if that was on purpose, just thought I'd let you know.

This error popped up after the battle in the temple.  Up until that point it was fun though,  I want to play  :moar: .

« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 09:54:59 PM by Jalkson »

Rep:
Level 89
It's fun that you want to play more. After that battle, it's a little mo9re talk, andthen, the demo is over, sadly. Im glad you liked it.

Rep:
Level 89
Tried the demo...I really liked it! Keep up the good work. THe message system is actually pretty nice.
JOSH ;)

Rep:
Level 89
Was the mapping good? Did you like the " Other world" place, when she meets the unknown spirits for the first time?

EDIT: If you want to see the end of the demo, I have fixed the missing characters in the temple. Again, Im sorry for the small mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 12:30:50 PM by Black Shadow »

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah the mapping is very good. A lot better than mine at least :P
Please check out my game please!

Rep:
Level 89
Ok, I will take a look on it. ;)

By the way, new demo link aviable.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Can you provide a screenshot of a battle?

Rep:
Level 88
Don't worry about the little mistakes, that's what a demo is for. 

I think the mapping is pretty good actually, I'm sure there are some things that can be approved on.

In the village, there are little areas you can walk into and it's almost impossible to find your way out, as in the trees behind the houses.  I love the forest/wooded area that you go through to get to the witches house though, awesome. 

The "Other World" is good, I like the space tileset for some reason, I don't remember if you did or not, but it looks really good on that tileset if you make the "debris" actually move up and down a bit, so it appears to float.

I probably will download the new demo and finish it.  I'll pay a bit more attention to the mapping, see if I can't find any errors. xP

Good luck, and congrats on making a demo that I actually took the time to download/play, because I don't do that often. :]

Rep:
Level 89
Can you provide a screenshot of a battle?

Here you go. (This battle is not in the demo)

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The word is "remade," btw.

Rep:
Level 89
New Character, who will be in the next demo version.

Ushagar

Weapon: Bare hands
Special: Raging combo attacks
Ushagar lived in his village, north of the elven territory. His village was destroyyed by the elves, because they saw the beastmens as unworthy creatures, who dosen't deserve to live. Ushagar managed to escape the village, and since then, he just wander around in this world. He began to study the history of the magic types, and learned that Blakc Magic could turn you into a creature, called Shadows. Ushagar decided to stop these people who studies Black Magic, so they don't turn into this creatures without souls, even if it means that he must kill the person.

Rep:
Level 89
Some New Screenshots

Cute Village

Trapped!!

The girl turned into a shadow

The mother was terrified

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice screenies. Keep up the good work.

Rep:
Level 89
Thank you.

Has anyone more tested the demo yet?

Rep:
Level 88
I did. As soon as I passed the cutscene, I went to the menu. It didnt work. Seems you forgot a picture >.<

Rep:
Level 89
In the beggining? That's weird, it should work. What is the error?

Rep:
Level 88
Im not sure. Ill play it again. But, have you updated the game recently?

EDIT -
      Got it.
Spoiler for:
Here it is!

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I updated the demo before. Maybe I forgot the transition. Mistake ;8. Im currently working on changing the menu graphics, and small stuff, that will be in the next demo( The next demo will be longer then the old one.

Rep:
Level 88
Evil will Perish In a Flash of Crimson...
does sound very interesting babes, ill wait for you to post your new demo then ill try it :) Good Luck x