RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Steam's Summer Sale 2012 has Begun!

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I don't suppose any of you would happen to know how to force Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light into a windowed mode, would you? Having it stretch across a widescreen does not play nice with a non-gaming computer's settings.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
No idea, but I've seen a lot of people in other places complaining about something, and I thought I'd just throw this out there in case anyone didn't figure it out for themselves:

NEVER buy anything at a normal discount during a steam sale until the last day, because it might be one of the daily deals later in the sale. Some people are freaking out because they bought Skyrim for 33% off, and today its 50% off. That's just how these things work. Wait for a better deal, and if there isn't one by the 23rd, then buy it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Check file cache integrity. That fixes 99% of problems with launching steam games.
Yeah I did. It was downloading off-and-on at less than 10bps/s and never finished. I deleted it and now I'm re-downloading it all from steam. Hopefully it won't get stuck again.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
No idea, but I've seen a lot of people in other places complaining about something, and I thought I'd just throw this out there in case anyone didn't figure it out for themselves:

NEVER buy anything at a normal discount during a steam sale until the last day, because it might be one of the daily deals later in the sale. Some people are freaking out because they bought Skyrim for 33% off, and today its 50% off. That's just how these things work. Wait for a better deal, and if there isn't one by the 23rd, then buy it.

This, a thousand times this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Oh guys please vote for Just Cause 2.

And are the Tropico 4 DLCs worth it? I just played the demo and it was pretty fun.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
For real the steam app is awesome. I was away for the weekend, but didn't miss anything.

Also, skyrim better go down to 75% I'm not falling for that 50% bullshit

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
And yeah, daily deals are lame. I got all my buys so far from flash sales and community picks. 75% off, or no buy.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Daily deals aren't lame. The lame ones are the constant, all-sale discounts. The daily deals are usually larger/newer titles at 50 - 75 percent off. The flash sales are usually indie/older titles at much bigger discounts.

And Skyrim won't go down lower than 50% off. Its already had its daily deal.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, daily deal is as low as it's going to get.

However, if you can help it, avoid even buying things on the Daily Deal. I've traded for two Anno 2070 Collections (the game + all currently available DLC) for $22 and $17 by just trading on the Steam Trading forums. I also traded for a Torchlight 2 pre-order for $15.

As long as you're trading for giftables and you can check their inventory, it's pretty safe.

Rep:
Level 94
I don't trust any trading or gifting stuff. I have way too many games to even risk my steam account.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I don't suppose any of you would happen to know how to force Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light into a windowed mode, would you? Having it stretch across a widescreen does not play nice with a non-gaming computer's settings.
You'll have to try dxwnd.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
No Just Cause 2 :( I'll hold off to see if it goes flash or daily. Also passed on Tropico 4. No deals have really caught me aside from PoP and New Vegas, but I'm very pleased with the Tribes Ascend starter pack.

Definitely getting Warrior Within and Two Thrones, and probably Dead Money and Honest Hearts. If I buy all four I'll have spent $15 and I don't intend to spend more than $25 (honestly this should be easy because I already own most of the games I'm most interested in and I realize between GW2 and TL2 this semester's free time will be mostly eaten up).

I'd like Anno 2070, so I'll see if I can trade for it cheaper than the daily. Moo how'd you trade? X-dollars of games or did you actually wire the guy the money?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I got the alan wake series. :O It looked neat.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Could someone be so kind and possibly gift me Just Cause 2? I maxed out my card buying games and groceries ._. I'll hit you up later and repay you, just remind me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
wow rude.

But seriously, thanks man. Hit me up next week sometime on Thursday and I'll buy you a game or something.

Rep:
Level 94
These flash sales are fucking stupid. Rather, the people voting on them are. People are voting for the game that they like the most, rather than the one that gets them the rarest/best discount. Tiny & Big, Quantum Conundrum, and Grimrock were all up against each other. Grimrock was just on sale 10 hours previously. Grimrock won. That's fucking stupid.

If Sanctum wins over Krater, I'm going to be pissed.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:25:07 PM by Holkeye »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm hoping The Darkness 2 goes back on sale.  I didn't really pay attention to it, and it actually looks pretty neat.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
People voting for the games they want most are stupid? That doesn't make any sense. Nobody's going to vote for a game they're uninterested in because it has a 90% discount or if it's never gone on sale prior. I've passed on games I later wanted, for whatever reason, and I think it's pretty sweet that they're redoing bigger sales through flash and votes. We're all being as selfish and there's nothing wrong with that.

I don't think Krater will lose, though, I'll be pissed if it does. Sanctum's an unlikely winner, and I'm not sure what the consensus on EYE is.

Oh yeah the Darkness II looks great. I wish the first one were released for PC, but I think I may bite if it goes back on sale.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It ain't bad. I never finished it, but it ain't the worst of its kind.

Rep:
Level 94
Jack, you're missing the point. Sanctum is on sale every week. Voting for it is counter productive to saving money. Voting for something new, that might not be on sale again for a long time is the way to go. Grimrocks sale just ended, and it went on sale again. That's stupid. Voting for what you want isn't.

And Darkness 2 is pretty cool. The first one was better, but the second one is OK, too. Notworth full price though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Yeah I wasn't going to spend full price, but if it got a bigger cut again I'd have to go for it.

Rep:
Level 94
I rest my case.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What the fuck. Sanctum has been on sale for like a buck irrc. But my point was that, and I too rest my case, the discount or frequency of discounts are largely irrelevant.

I'll just shut up.

But if anyone's interested, Binary Domain and Sanctum are good games.

Rep:
Level 94
Binary Domain is not a good game. Its a shitty Gears clone with a poorly optimized PC port. Mouse acceleration with no way to turn it off. Sanctum is good though, and maybe if everyone buys it, it'll stop winning over other games in this sale.