RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Minecraft Creations Thread

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Both of my buildings I made today and last night.
Spoiler for Bottom Building:

Top coming soon

POST YOUR CREATIONS

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The addition of Creative Mode makes this thread so much more awesome. I'll post my stuff up from my old server once it updates to the new version. aka placeholder

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Me too, prepare to be blown away

Rep:
Level 69
I made a roller-coaster in a canyon on survival mode. A cow tried shoving me to my death while I was trying to make it ;(

It's the Carnival of Chaos

Here is a huge ass spiral

And to finish, it speeds up and ramps into the water o_O

Rep:
Level 83
Posting my test version of the subway system I will be using in my new 1.8 map. Just waiting on Youtube to hurry up. I hate my upload speed :/
Here it is.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hf77cz42wo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hf77cz42wo</a>
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 11:49:42 AM by redyugi »

Rep:
Level 69
I only know how to do basic rails, all that stuff blows my mind x.x

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
You make me feel horrible about everything I have accomplished in that game, Grafikal.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Here's a bit of an update on that last one. Been working on it a little.

It's all at max height too, btw. The giant circle is actually for people to walk around on and observe the tower. I found that about 70 blocks away from the tower at that height was a great angle to see the tower, so the circle is HUGE and has a 71 block radius. The pillars not only are support, but also have a ladder in the center that lead to the circle on top.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

I forgot I took a screenshot of this a while back.

The head is hollowed out and made into a bedroom, hence the glass eyes.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
RMRK Minecraft Server
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hell, even I might start playing it then. Whether that's good or bad I'll let you decide.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 83
Everyone is making me feel bad about my artistic skills... Good thing I am great with redstone or I'd be a sad panda. :/

Rep:
Level 84
I didn't get the game until a couple weeks ago. I'm still learning how to redstone cool things, and my artistic skills suck compared to all of you guys.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'd be in on an RMRK server, as long as it's on creative mode and it didn't die off in two weeks like everything else we do here.

Rep:
Level 83
it didn't die off in two weeks like everything else we do here.
Well there goes that idea. :/

Rep:
Level 69
Post the address of the server

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
there isn't one.

I second a creative server without enemies and shit, survival is cool and all but fuck that noise in a low multiplayer population.

I mean I still dig getting materials myself and exploring cave systems but I seriously think monsters in minecraft are dull as shit and more annoying than fun. I'd be okay with being able to spawn items.

Rep:
Level 97
So who wants to host it :D

Edit: Also added a cliff side building (connected to the mountaintop mansion) and some other small things
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 06:05:04 PM by Doctor Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 69
I like survival building more because you have to collect all the supplies for making things. I consider it as making your art more 'valuable' then it being annoying. It's just like how they said on the website, if there was no survival mode it would be just like a shooter with infinite ammo, boringgg.

Well actually I think a good idea would be, we could have a neighborhood for our houses and in our backyards we make masterpieces(creative mode). Then on a survival mode map we have a seed that spawns us on a tiny island with one tree with like 3 of us trying to survive there. I guess you could choose depending on which you like more.

Rep:
Level 83
Have you ever played shooters with infinite ammo? Because some other rather awesome. Don't generalize.

Creative mode still has mobs, Strike. And servers don't have a defined mode. They allow users to switch between them with a command.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Have you ever played shooters with infinite ammo? Because some other rather awesome. Don't generalize.

Creative mode still has mobs, Strike. And servers don't have a defined mode. They allow users to switch between them with a command.

Wrong.

1. You can turn mobs off. Which is exactly what would occur here.
2. Only Operators can change their mode and other players' modes. (This can, and probably will change with bukkit plugins. If this mysterious idea of an RMRK Server starts and happens to run on Bukkit whenever that finally updates.)

Stop acting like you're some sort of Minecraft know-it-all God with all the answers calling people out.

Rep:
Level 69
I assume it costs money to host a server? right? xD

Rep:
Level 97
No, I host a server every now and then for my friends. But I can only handle 2 other people and myself before it gets laggy.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I can't run a server on my.. server, I'm too low on spare resources. But if one of you  wants to run a permanent server, knows how to forward ports to whatever machine you will leave on, and has a static IP, I can assign a hostname to your server.

So people would type minecraft.rmrk.net and they would be sent to your IP. I do that with roph.rmrk.net, it points to my laptop :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 69
So it runs off the power of your computer unless you get a legitamate piece of server hardware? or does it depend on your internet I'm confused xD

Are you going to host it sword?

Edit: I'll let you guys handle it xD
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 10:09:25 PM by Scalinger2 »

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
So it runs off the power of your computer unless you get a legitamate piece of server hardware? or does it depend on your internet I'm confused xD

Are you going to host it sword?

Edit: I'll let you guys handle it xD

If you run a server off your own computer it would eat up your resources. So you wouldn't really be able to use it with more than a couple people on it, and they would take a hit in their gameplay because your resources are maxed, so they lag. Yes it would also depend on your internet connection - if it sucks, it'll suck for them too.

Rep:
Level 69
So who is volunteering to create the server? xD

Rep:
Level 97
STOP SAYING 'xD' JESUS CHRIST

Rep:
Level 83

Wrong.

1. You can turn mobs off. Which is exactly what would occur here.
2. Only Operators can change their mode and other players' modes. (This can, and probably will change with bukkit plugins. If this mysterious idea of an RMRK Server starts and happens to run on Bukkit whenever that finally updates.)

Stop acting like you're some sort of Minecraft know-it-all God with all the answers calling people out.
I don't know everything.
And creative mode in SP you can't. Or at least, I haven't figured out.
You are probably thinking about Bukkit, which can turn off all mobs.
Bukkit has updated, I have used it through hamachi for a friend. Don't be scared of their dev builds. Hell, most the plugins still worked too.
And yes OPs can do that. Your point? It can be configured for everyone to start out in creative, eliminating the need for OPs to do that.
I don't know it all, I just know a lot. Big difference
Stop thinking you know it all when you don't. :)

EDIT: What the hell happened to informing us of new posts? >.>

Rep:
Level 97
REDYUGI TURN THE DIFFICULTY TO PEACEFUL JESUS CHRIST

Rep:
Level 83
REDYUGI TURN THE DIFFICULTY TO PEACEFUL JESUS CHRIST
JESUS CHRIST
I meant mobs in general. Those annoying sheep of doom. >:(

XD

Rep:
Level 69
idc what mode it's on, who's making the server?? :|
Can I do it? :O

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Shut up, we're fucking working on it

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't know everything.
And creative mode in SP you can't. Or at least, I haven't figured out.
You are probably thinking about Bukkit, which can turn off all mobs.
Bukkit has updated, I have used it through hamachi for a friend. Don't be scared of their dev builds. Hell, most the plugins still worked too.
And yes OPs can do that. Your point? It can be configured for everyone to start out in creative, eliminating the need for OPs to do that.
I don't know it all, I just know a lot. Big difference
Stop thinking you know it all when you don't. :)

EDIT: What the hell happened to informing us of new posts? >.>

Considering the discussion, we are explicitly talking about SMP. In the server property files, you set Mobs to OFF. I never, nor did we ever, refer to SSP. We're talking about servers. How the fuck could you possibly assume we're talking about SSP. Even if your specific conversation's topic was SSP, as soon as I mentioned 'Operator' (which is an SMP only aspect) it immediately changed to SMP.
Also, I was not at all referring to Bukkit. I'm talking about a pure vanilla Minecraft server. Note how I said that with Bukkit that there is probably a way to change it from only allowing OPs to set players in creative mode. I was only mentioning it, not incorporating it. In vanilla Minecraft (which is the only thing I was ever talking about) you can only be in creative mode because you're and OP or an OP set you as that mode. Like I said, quit acting like you know it all. I didn't say that you do know it all. I'm calling you out because you called out Strike. If you're going to do something like that, at least be correct. Stop being an idiot.

Rep:
Level 69
Sorry, I assumed you guys were busy.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Cool, Minecraft fight.

Rep:
Level 69
I made my own server for now, you can join: 10.0.0.2 (just til you guys make one)
I should choose a different map for it though unless you like islands. xD
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 03:23:23 PM by Scalinger2 »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You cannot have that IP on the public internet. It looks like a hamachi IP or something.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 69
How do I find the right IP number to use?
Youtube told me to go to the command prompt and type in ipconfig but I don't know which set to use.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 04:00:21 PM by Scalinger2 »

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Herpaderp.
To set up or access a server?

Rep:
Level 69
I set it up and my friend can access it(he's on same internet) but I assume that's not the right ip for everyone to access.

Rep:
Level 98
lol, you don't know enough to run a server. That would only work when you were online and running it, and you don't have the right ip.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I take back everything I've ever said about Minecraft. It's great. I don't like creative as much (I like objectives; I'll use creative if I ever have a stupid idea, of course), so I probably won't be able to contribute to this thread. But know that you have converted me.

Rep:
Level 69
   Yeah, I saw all you guys talking about Minecraft and I was like, "By the name, it sounds like some flash game on some dumb website."
Then I went to the website and saw the little dude making a psp out of blocks and was like, "OK, now it just looks like a boring art game."
After that I dl'ed the demo and was like, "OMG, I can do a bunch of stuff with stuff! OOMG A ZOMBIE WTF!!!!"
Then after I bought the game and started playing and my friend was like, "What is that game? It looks dumb and ghetto."
After he dl'ed it, "Dude! This is so cool, I'm going to make a castle and do this and that and bla bla bla."
  The only problem I have with the game is that they should have a lot more mobs and make them more challenging. After you get an iron or crystal sword and a good set of arrows you play with the mobs more then worrying about them killing you.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
You didn't know what Minecraft was until this month?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Have I told you I hate you recently scalinger?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Finally got on to the server, so here's my mega-yacht!

Side view:

Front view:

Reception area:

Dining area:

Passenger cabins in the hull of the ship:

The deck, pool and all:

And finally, my bedroom on the top floor:

Took me about a month to build it, block by block, no generation mods.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Wait. Hang on. I'm lazy, bear with me, but...

...are you saying RMRK has a Minecraft server?!

...or, what server did you finally get on?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 06:37:04 PM by arlen »

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Thizzlefry's, the one you were on for a little bit with me and Malson. lol

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 69
Cact-house

staggered stairs

back patio

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Out of the 2 years I've played Minecraft, I've never had a big project. I'm starting a big project!

Every tile on the overworld is equal to 3 block in Minecraft. This is mainly because it takes me 3 tiles to make a tree. In caves and dungeons, 1 tile equals 1 block cause I don't need trees. This may change to 2 if the dungeon rooms wind up looking too small.

The construction of the first area:

I'm going to do the entire overworld, every cave and all the dungeons. This may take a while.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Badass, good luck.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Thanks. Only 127 overworld screens, 187 dungeon screens and X caves to go!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
4000+ cobblestone and a few thousand wood planks. It took me a few hours to build, but a few days to get the resources. I try to make stuff in creative but I end up just making giant holes with TNT and burning villages with lava buckets. When I have to mine the resources myself, I don't want to waste them on random things. It makes me think about what I'm doing.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh my god, Irock. That's so cool. Good luck.

I think you may have convinced me to finally buy this game. (I can't wait to play your finished Zelda world.)

Rep:
Level 69
I finally figured out how to make a trapdoor entrance/exit and it's fun cuz you 'fall' into your house. Right side is the entrance and the exit actually keeps mobs out.

I also made a stable, but soon I'll actually start making big projects.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:25:02 PM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 97

Birds eye view of the garden in the fortress I'm working on

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I got super bored. I made things. Mage Guild was in mind. Fully furnished too.

Rep:
Level 96
cool pic what is that, instagram?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
lol, no. I was bored and took it to a whole new unnecessary level and did a little photoshop to give the screenshot a border, tilt and dropshadow. ;_;

Rep:
Level 69
I made a castle in a survival server, castle because no one would ever think of making one of those. >_>