RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
vitaly impotant question!

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
okay, i downloaded the standard rtp from enterbrain so i could play a game that i found here. but then everytime i tried to launch my own games (which were made on rmxp p.k.) it would crash. so then i found out that in the game folder, inside of "configuration settings" next to "library" it would have
Code: [Select]
"RGSS100J.dll"
and sense i just got the legal rtp from enterbrain, i would have to switch
RGSS100J.dll
to
RGSS102e.dll
. and then when i launched the game, it worked! but after i would change something in the editor, the game would switch back to
RGSS100J.dll
and everytime i changed something, i would have to go to the game folder and change
RGSS100J.dll
to
RGSS102e.dll
. after a while it got really anoying! so i thought "ever sense i downloaded the legal rtp from enterbrain, it's been doing this." so i un-installed the rtp, but now when i go to the editor, the rtp that came with pk was gone! now my game doesnt work. what do i do?

[edit]
would i have to uninstall p.knights and then download it again?
if so: would my game data still be there after i downloaded it again?

is there another way to fix this?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 12:51:23 AM by fadark »

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.

If Ham didn't taste like Ham, I would hope it tasted like turkey
Rep:
Level 88
>:O
When I uninstalled my PK version, to get the legit copy, my games were still there.  Although, I don't know if it will be the same for you.

I would backup the games(save them elsewhere on the HD), then try uninstalling and see what happens.  Good luck, I hope you don't lose your games.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
I'm basically Yoda's brother
would it be safe to install the legit version, and then uninstall pk?

just so everyone knows, im 15 years old.