RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it looks pretty good, but the wall at the bottom seems a little weird because the stairs line up perfectly with the top of the cliffs, and then somehow becomes 2 tiles taller.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
Do you mean the stairs are prefect, and then there is somehow another 2 tiles without there reason to be? If you do, its quite difficult to make multiple layers for me, but I have this method. But unfortunatley it does not show either of them clearly in this pic. If you look up in the top right, you can see that the wall goes up off to the top, thats mean to be an incline, like a steady up hill slop to show how it is growing. Its difficult like I said.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it'd probably come across better if you didn't have the top of the stairs flush with the bottom of the incline though, maybe if the stairs were just one tile shorter..

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
Thankyou for your criticism, I gave it a try but it just didn't feel right. This is the closest I with my skill can get it to looking anything like a real mountain scene. I miss RMXP...

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!

Scholars house where you take your unchecked scrolls in order to get them checked.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The map looks good, but the outside wall is shorter on the one side (with the hexagram) than it is on the other.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
It's probably a result of full screen so it's just cut off. RMVX is at 640x480 at full screen with the 544x416, or whatever it is, in the middle.

Are those wands/staffs in the pot? That's a nice touch, though they seem to be at unnatural angles for what should be possible in the space of that hole.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
@Sir Jack: Thanks, I rather like it myself. ^.^ Yeah, like Jirby said it's the screen resolution from playing full screen. The wall is the same size as the other and has a door beneath the sign.

@jirby: There's a few things I've been editing RTP-wise, though the pot was made by someone else, so I think it'd be best if I leave it as is. People tend not to like it if you edit their creations. You've got pretty sharp eyes, though. I hadn't even noticed the angles. ^.^;

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
In that case, I revoke my previous statement and put forth this: Beautiful and very well executed.

Because it really is. Also, as jirby had said, I really love the staves sticking out of the vase. It didn't catch my eye until right after I had posted my previous post. It's the subtle edits to the RTP that can push the maps to the next degree, and the game by extension.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing

*GASP* Language, my dear Samuel.

I've basically shown this before somewhere. GamingW I think. Trying a new tileset though. VX and IGM Demo tiles lazily resized into RM2k size.

... it doesn't look too bad does it? I like the grass at least. A bit less blinding than the Rudra tiles I had before and combined with this screentone...

EDIT: Found it, here's the old one, different tone.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:51:25 AM by Jirbytaylor »

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
Here is a map made using some of the custom tiles I have already made for my game. Im trying to decided whether the feel is right, or should it be a touch darker?
Spoiler for:
There are RTP additions and minor edits, but all the rest is original. Tell me what you think.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
@Jirby: I like it, though you could probably add a green tint to the stone blackade instead of blue - it looks like it's still underwater. ^.^ You're right about the grass, it's quite nice, though you can see the repeat pretty easily. It's hard to get rid of that though. The tine does improve it a lot though.

@Rook: I rather like the cartoony feel it gives off. The colours are bright and vibrant without being too bright and the trees are really nice. Perhaps you could make the trees overlap a bit more, though? I love the water - it's colour is just perfect, in my opinion. <3 Great job!

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
Wow...awesome Screens...

I'm new and wanted to say hello and post a screen from my game....but it isnt finish...i have to do a lot :P

The meaning of the word in the middle is Mother ;)

( It is german :) )
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:41:23 PM by grafikal »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm liking all of these new screenshots. :3

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
@liberty: How does it look underwater? The first screenshot is newer, the old does kinda give off a underwater-ness because of the different tint.

It's meant to be a fresh blockade as a result of a rock puzzle. ... I should probably add trickles of water now that I think about it.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
It might be an idea to make the top a different colour than the wall itself, seeing as realistically it's the same height as the ground and probably wouldn't have been underwater as much/long as the lower portions. Also, if it were just created, what from? A boulder that fell into the river wouldn't have been submerged long enough to turn blue... Well it being blue is what made me think it was underwater, anyway. ^.^;
Trickles might help.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Looks more grey than blue to me.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Here is a map made using some of the custom tiles I have already made for my game. Im trying to decided whether the feel is right, or should it be a touch darker?
Spoiler for:
There are RTP additions and minor edits, but all the rest is original. Tell me what you think.

it looks very pokemon and I like it
I'd kill the auto-shadow though.

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
I was thinking that too. And you noticed it was pokemon...-y, this is because Pokemon was, is, how I sprite, and I typically only use 4-6 colours when doing so. Im trying to get more skill, I even started having a go at Isometric tiles to increase my skills. I think the Autoshadow should die too. I'll put the script in for that I suppose.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I like the pokemon look, though, too.

Looks nice. Good job, man.

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!

Hedge Forest hut. It's a good place to rest after travelling and fighting monsters.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Is it just me, or does something look off with that water auto-tile? To me, it doesn't really fit with the grass.

Rep:
Level 84
Nothing lasts Forever.
I think the key thing is that its the darkest water tile, which makes it just look like a big black lake of oil, or a hole. And there is also moss/long grass growing on the water, and a waterfall too that for me is barely visible. Maybe you should swap it out for the cave like water autotile, it will give the map a little bits extra I think.

Rep:
Level 84
I'll give it a shot.

Comments?

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!

Thanks for the fast replies. I was going for a bog-ish effect with the water, but now I think I'll use this one instead. Looks a bit better in my opinion. (I usually hold SHIFT when placing grass tiles near the water edges so it may have looked a bit odd because of that too.)

Dark Code Zero: Nice, though you may want to add a few flowers and a bit more grass if it's a forest. I spy a chest. ^.^ And those dead trees rock.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 05:09:05 AM by liberty »