RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RM-XP: Failed to obtain trial serial number...?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hello, everyone! I'm new, and have a question. I'm sorry if this has already been answered before, too.
I downloaded RPG Maker XP from the main site, installed it, and have a question.
Every time I try to start the program, it tells me "Failed to obtain trial serial number from server" and then closes.
Am I doing something wrong? Is this no longer supported by the company? I mean, I downloaded it from this site, so I don't understand what's wrong.
Help, please!
Your Army wears my Mother's boots.

Oh, okay! Now I feel kinda silly. Oh, well.

Thanks, though!

Oh, okay! Now I feel kinda silly. Oh, well.

Thanks, though!

What's different in p.knights to RMXP English verison? Nice double post Tron by the way  :?
Current project:
                      Project no-name 0% done

Rep:
Level 91
p.knights is translated better event wise but it's japanese scripts help
official is translated perfectly on both making events harder to use but scripts easier

and the official cost 60$ while p.knights is free
holy shit my sig was big!

Great, thanks! Another thing, is there any way to translate your RMXP English version projects from one to the other?
Current project:
                      Project no-name 0% done

Rep:
Level 91
p.knights and official are just about the same program
you can open anything p.knights made via the official and vice versa.
act as if it's the same thing

Are there patches for P.knights? I get this error whilst trying to open my RMXP project with P.kinghts: 'Project could not be read due to incompatibility between software versions'.
Current project:
                      Project no-name 0% done

Rep:
Level 91
might wanna check out dll stuff
never did it to me anyways so i don't know  :^^:

Akk,  just ditched my game, starting over on P.Knights. It seems far better anyhow. thanks  :)
Current project:
                      Project no-name 0% done

The diffrence is the P.Knights version is a illegal pirate version, and the legal one is well... legal.

This is why it said the incompatability problem. The new legal version will work for the old pirated version. You can bring your illegal games over to the legal version. But once you do that RMXP (the legal one) changes your game files so you can't go back to the pirate version. So if you download the trial version, and don't buy the legal one, your game cannot go back to the pirated one.

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
And the original error was because it couldn't connect to the internet...

Don't use p.knights, it's got loads of bugs that nobody ever fixed, and the legal is bug-free.

And as Big Billy pointed out, the legal can open the illegal version's files, but not vice-versa.

Think of the illegal version as a PS1 and the legal as a PS2.

The PS2 can play PS1 games, but the PS1 can't play PS2 games.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Actually, you can play legal on illegal, just right click the game (not the rgss player, but the editable file) and click Open with.  Open it in notepad and you should see something like 'rmxp 1.02'  Just change the '1.02' to '1.00' and save it.  Now in the games folder there should be a configurations setting file.  Open that in notepad and you should see:  'Library=RGSS102E.dll'  as the second line of "code (if you can call it that)" Change this line to "Library=RGSS100J.dll".  It does work, trust me  :wink:.  *whistles*