RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Big Bang Theory

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
A black hole is effectively nothing, yet it holds more power than anything else know to us currently... what if nothing was so vastly nothing it created something... and that some-thing was more powerful than any subbstance or atom's we know... what if it was so volitile it ignited inside of the vast nothingness creating soild mass and giant balls of fire... as a result... Planets and Suns...

Its hard to equate it to much... Think of it this way, you have a pee-tree dish... you put nothing in it apart from one simple cell of Bacteria... then within a few months you have loads of stuff going on in there...

So say if  the vast nothing of space had so much negitive space it created a Positive atom then exploaded...?

I dunno... But you can never have a Negative with out a positive or and up with out a down... equalibrium and shite...

Right well may be I am talking arse again... like most of the time... but in my twisted little work it makes sense...LOL

(like Squezzing a Rock will some how make a Diamond, a pefect Complex merlecular structure... that same theory I am applying to the Vast nothingness of space Squezzing onto effectivly nothing)

None of this means anything.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
In your Opinion

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No, he's serious. That was a bunch of gibberish.

HELLS YEAH
Rep:
Level 88
That post makes me hate the world, LOS.
Quote from: Elegy
It's fucking sad that you and the cat can't stick to the subject and even attempt to defend your little bullshit religion without jumping to personal attacks, maybe thats because evolution is such a stupid idea it's hard to back it up with any claims pertaining to reality.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
It was mainly Gibberish... But are we supposed to understand the uneriverse... What if the Universe is Gibberish...

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
It was mainly Gibberish... But are we supposed to understand the uneriverse... What if the Universe is Gibberish...

Do some damage control and quietly leave this thread.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Something being born from Nothing is a widely discussed part of Theology... So I don't see why its so hard to grasp that in the start of time there was Nothing... so Much of it, it spawned some thing...

Here's a little on it:- http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nothingness/

Say if you dive down into the largest Creviss in the World (Far under the sea)... there is nothing down there apart from a Massive pressure... you expolad into load of bits (For a simple example)... Now imagine Space is for ever expanding and the pressures of it forever growing, and say that force ignited its self... And blew its self apart... what if effectivley... Thats all I am saying... Theory... and thats what this thread is Theory...

So do one Jesus Hitler... I will comment as I see fit...

All you have Added so far is NO IT DOESN'T and jumping down people's throats... so whats your take on the Big Bang Theory...???

All I have said is I concure with the Theory and in my mind its Conceviable !!!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 12:29:09 PM by landofshadows »

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Something being born from Nothing is a widely discussed part of Theology... So I don't see why its so hard to grasp that in the start of time there was Nothing... so Much of it, it spawned some thing...

The only theory I am putting down right now is the one you got from a random word generator.

Here's a little on it:- http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nothingness/

I didn't read all of that and I doubt you did, either.

Say if you dive down into the largest Creviss in the World (Far under the sea)... there is nothing down there apart from a Massive pressure... you expolad into load of bits (For a simple example)... Now imagine Space is for ever expanding and the pressures of it forever growing, and say that force ignited its self... And blew its self apart... what if effectivley... Thats all I am saying... Theory... and thats what this thread is Theory...

This thread is indeed about theories, but that doesn't mean that you can just shout out anything you want and not expect criticism. Anyway, your example is wrong because in that crevasse (which is in the sea, not "under it") there is water, animals, and more matter besides. Pressure is a thing, and if there was "negative space", whatever that is, then there is indeed something. What is wrong with there not being a beginning to the universe?

So do one Jesus Hitler... I will comment as I see fit...

I already know how the universe was created. You can read about it here.

All you have Added so far is NO IT DOESN'T and jumping down people's throats... so whats your take on the Big Bang Theory...???

Why can't I shoot down people's without submitting my own? I may not know what the universe's origins are, but I know with much certainty that what you and others here are not correct.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Do some damage control and quietly leave this thread.

Concordo....

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Jesus Hitler
I read that link you pointed to:- http://www.xanga.com/Prophet_of_Gawd

Its more Gibberish than what I wrote... was you being Sarcastic...???? Its Nuts... kind of funny though...

And the thing about reaching the lowest area's UNDER the sea, we have not yet reached the lowest part, we have not made any-thing that can with-stand the pressure... the furthest we reached was in an unmanned craft fitted with Camera's and it picked up Crabs that glowed and some other odd small fish etc, but they said on the documentry I was watching that any creature larger unless evolved in those conditions would impload...

Fu... What???... Are you drunk again ?

At least Jesus Hitler is intelligent with his answers... your one liners are hardly worth the effort it takes you to type them... I actually enjoy reading Jesus Hitlers replies... He shows reasoning and makes an effort...

Any way back to topic

I was thinking if the Universe is always expanding than it has a mass or a size constraint... Right ?... So what is at the Edges of the Universe ?... How big is it... some say its infinate... but how can it be, if its growing ? (does that just make it more infinate day by day)...

I doubt there is a God...

This is what I think...

I think when some thing living dies its energy is realsed and that energy is pulled to the centre of the universe and it joins a flow (like a Figure of eight) and in the cross over section a friction is caused and that forms Perfectly Round planets (like blowing bubbles)... So life spawing life... Energy never dies it just changes forms... thats why whe you die you loose 32grams... thats why some creatures only live long enough to reproduce... its all about energy...

But why ?... and how did it all start, any ones guess could be right... even the God Theory... I do Agree With Jesus Hitler, No body's Answer could even come close... its no doubt past our understanding....

Buts its fun making up idea's and stories, alternate worlds, realities etc... I guess that why we all making RPG's

I wonder what people in the 18th Centry would have thought if they watched the Matrix.. people just didn't think that way back then... may be one day people will be so free of thought that the Matrix to them will seem like the Wizard of OZ to us... and may be then some bright spark will have the real answer to the Big Bang Theory...

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Fu... What???... Are you drunk again ?

No. In case you forgot, I stopped drinking a WHILE ago.

Also the reason I'm doing one liners is, I'm fucking tired.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Glad you stopped drinking... Who's the chick in your siggy ?

Fu Whats your Theory of the Big Bang ? (or how the world started)

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I will gladly answer.My religion studies the big bang and life.So I can say it backwords all the way till january.
The energy...IS INSIDE THE BIG BOOM!The energy..Was just always there.It didn't pop out of nowhere its been there since the beggining and soon...The big boom will start over again but reversed.The sun will die.then the energy will disappear and the big crunch will appear and we will all be sucked back up again.I mean..Think of it as a garbage disposal  :evil:

energy could not have been there forever. we live in a closed system, the unaverse. we do not get any more energy from any where. so in energy was there for ever. we would have used up all the energy by now.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
How old is this topic? But: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

The idea that a big bang is what started of the universe came from the point that the universe is currently expanding, and because it is going out wards, at some point the direct opposite must of happened, we predicted that due to the rate of increased expansion, that by putting what is happening now in reverse, the entire universe was at some point the size of a pin head. Giving us the idea that an explosion started off our home.

Now: As to the universe expanding: there are two theories on the matter, one is that it will expand for a very long time, long enough that the universe would collapse in on itself.

The other theory is that surrounding us, every were, is something called "Dark Matter" now, with out going into what that is, it is *hoped* that this tiny tiny force would be strong enough to slow the expansion of the universe and stop it from expanding. Many how ever doubt the power of dark matter, and even gravity, to do this job.

As to how the bigbang happened: Well the reason why string theory is *SUCH* a big hit, is not because it's anything that amazing in itself, but it's because it explains, oh-so much, one of the things that string theory would reveal to us is this: PARALLEL UNIVERSES! Basically our universe, and many others, are like big plates, consistently moving and being quite close together.
///// < like this and moving in a wavy motion.

What does this say about the bigbang? Well, a lot. With these universes contently moving, it can be seen that they would in cases ( maybe it happens a lot, or possibly infrequently ) hit into each other. What would happen if two giant universes collided? Well, the first reaction would be energy being release, a lot of it, AKA, the BIG FUCKING BANG.

TAKE THAT GOD!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 08:26:54 AM by Dr_Sexalicious »

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
Wow, that's cool! It's the first time I've heard this type of theory. It's very interesting. :)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Glad you stopped drinking... Who's the chick in your siggy ?

Fu Whats your Theory of the Big Bang ? (or how the world started)

You know whats ironic, I started drinking again.

Also I'll just link you guys to the eddas, I'm too tired to explain.
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
The Big Bang Theory is just a Theory... I know that's obvious cuz it's the fricken title and all but just pointing that little gem out...

So Theories until proven can be questioned and counter theories made... So here is mine.

Imagine if you will the symbol of infinity (A large figure of eight = 8)... But imaging that as being a stream of enrgy, from living creature nolonger living, they move within that stream and at the cross over point in the area the stream collides I think a new planet or star can be born... I thing each dimension has one of these, and being that there is infinate dimensiions means there is an infinate amount of these energy flows... May be the universe as we know it started by a counter effect in a different dimension... I dunno...

If the universe is expnading what's at the outer edges ?...

We know every thing that is exerted to great amounts of Pressure is round... May be the univers is too... Like say when you drop a stone into a bowl of water the rippples flow out in circles, but if the was no bowl than what would hold the body of water ?...  What if there is an outer edge to the univers, what if that outer edge was a living creature and we are only a single cell to it... I dunno... But may me to the baceria inside us they see us as their universe...

I think the Universe and the workings are much greater than we will ever know... and I think things are too perfect for things to be down to a BIG BANG or GOD...

I think we reproduce for a reason, life creates life for a reason... Whats the point if we blink out iunto nothing... And to say the universe was created by mistake / BIG BANG or GOD is laughable.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
The Big Bang Theory is just a Theory... So Theories until proven can be questioned and counter theories made...
No theory has been proven.

I think the Universe and the workings are much greater than we will ever know... and I think things are too perfect for things to be down to a BIG BANG or GOD...
Were have you been living? Bigbang was never stated as the FINAL theory on life's creation, nor if proved will it answer anything regarding our existence on a grand scale. We already know there was a bigbang, we just don't know what caused it.

And to say the universe was created by mistake / BIG BANG or GOD is laughable.
I truely don't see how, what your saying is more then odd. Your "laughable" ideas conflict with each other, people use god to combat the idea of nothingness, the bigbang happened and has heavy points to show that is how this universe started and the idea that this is just a mistake, is because every thing that we've seen so far points to it being just that.

Not to upset you, but your theories sound like they belong in an RPG, not intelligent debate.
The only thing I agree with is;
I think the Universe and the workings are much greater than we will ever know...
No matter how many answers you have, there will always need to be an answer for your answer.

If bigbang created the universe then what created that, and then what created the thing that created the bigbang? And so on...

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
OK... So if the Universe is expanding, that means it must have some thing to the outeredge else how do you define it's size... And if it has an outer edge then it must also have a Centre or starting point... We have not yet located either of the two.

Until we do we can only speculate on how large the universe is... Some people say it's infinate... but if that was true how comes it's growing ?

We already know there was a bigbang

Sorry I am confussed... Has the Big Bang Theory now moved from Theory to real scince ?...  If we all know there WAS a Big Bang why are we even debating it ?...  And what proof do we have exactly ?...

So what if the Universe is expanding doesn't equate to a large explosion in the centere of it, I mean how can an explosions cause hard matter to appear from nothing ?

Not to upset you, but your theories sound like they belong in an RPG, not intelligent debate.

Yeah my idea sounds like some thing from an RPG... But the Big Bang Thats extreamly plausable... One day the Centre of the universe (We don't know the exact point of the centre) Exploaded for no good reason creating all that you see now, and its still creating stuff and growing right now... It's almost like saying Gods molding planets from dust.

I dunno what started the Universe or what there was in the beging of time... Hell who's to say other creatures are even effected by time... We only know of 3Dimensions (or can only prove 3 of them) There could be the dimension of Times, Light and many others we can't even imagine... May be we aren't supposed to know what started stuff off.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
We already know there was a bigbang
Sorry I am confussed... Has the Big Bang Theory now moved from Theory to real scince ?...  If we all know there WAS a Big Bang why are we even debating it ?...  And what proof do we have exactly ?...
I'm saying that in the way that we "know" gravity is real, while it still remains a theory... Other then it's effects, how can you prove gravity exists? The evidence is there, it really comes down to using maths, and what's currently happening ( the expansion of the universe ) to choose an idea that makes the most sense. We can accurately see what is happening in the universe by using the expansion and the increasing speed that the universe is moving, because it is increasing in speed rather then staying at a maintained rate, it can be determined that it was a mass release of energy that started the universe. By putting the rate of acceleration in reverse, we can predict the matters path and can tell that at some point in time the universe was more then close together at it's start. It's using this and many other things to say that the "Bigbang" is the current most explanation of how the universe was created.

OK... So if the Universe is expanding, that means it must have some thing to the outeredge else how do you define it's size... And if it has an outer edge then it must also have a Centre or starting point... We have not yet located either of the two.
We haven't located many things. I'm sure there are plenty of place in the world which you haven't traveled to but I'm think you believe they still exist. Why? Because you go with the most accurate choice in life. It would be stupid to not pick the horse most likely to win. Just because you can't see something doesn't mean it's not there.

One day the Centre of the universe (We don't know the exact point of the centre) Exploaded for no good reason creating all that you see now, and its still creating stuff and growing right now... It's almost like saying Gods molding planets from dust.
Wow, just wow. That is something I would expect a religious zealot to say. Perhaps you should learn more on the subject before blindly throwing out ideas..? I have never heard any one say that the explosion came from nothing. I've heard them say there was an explosion, with just cause to... We don't know how complex life was created, but we know it was created. There will never be an answer that doesn't lead to another question.

May be we aren't supposed to know what started stuff off.
Oh, why? Because it's hard to explain? Perhaps they shouldn't of climbed Mt. Everest, or have gone to the moon, hell, why don't we all just end our lives now and just be done with it?

« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 01:22:16 PM by Deliciously_Saucy »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Type something that can be replied to as well, not just "OMG it SUX"

You said some thing about Dimensuinal Waves and like interstellar plate shifts could have caused it... Again, not proven.

None of this has been proven, nobody can say for sure a Big Bang started the universe...

Nobody can say what satrted human life for sure... Some say its Evolution, but by now we would have seen some changes in creatures on our planet now...

The Big Bang just doesn't sit well with me... I know if you exhert emence pressure on any gas or liquid it can cause an explosion, I am not saying it's beyond comprehension, all I am saying is, is how did the Big Bang create Matter from nothing ?...

I'm saying that in the way that we "know" gravity is real, while it still remains a theory... Other then it's effects, how can you prove gravity exists?

Gravity is a known scince it not really regarded as a theory any more... The Big Bang is just as much a Theory as Darwins Theory or the Theory of Time travel... They have not been proven as yet... it's very different.

The way we are working out the rate of expansion of the universe is based on Light and distance... simple variables, nothing to do with the Big Bang...

I the points I have raised are very valid one... For some thing to be growing it needs a Base for its size, there fore must have a limit, if it is infinate then how is it growing... Is it just getting more infinate...?

And if your saying one day the universe will empload like the Expansion suck back in on it's self what then will happen... Will all the planets be sucking into a vacuum and made to the size of a pin head, Then Bang it all happens again... If so why ?...

Whats the point in that... If thats your theory then you quote stands:-

Oh, why? Because it's hard to explain? Perhaps they shouldn't of climbed Mt. Everest, or have gone to the moon, hell, why don't we all just end our lives now and just be done with it?

We climbed Mount Everest cuz people have a little hobby called mountain climbing... Sad I know... But it exsists.  We went to the moon to further our space exploration and to test our technology in rocket design... So on that note if working out what started the universe is as simple as climbing a LARGE Hill or Going to a Moon in our solar system may be I will take up God like knowedge as a hobby or a carrier ?...LOL

I don't see how you can liken the instances you just gave...

The Big Bang Theory is Scince's version of the Bible, it has jsut as many questionable holes

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
You said some thing about Dimensuinal Waves and like interstellar plate shifts could have caused it... Again, not proven.
I was giving them a possible answer, I don't recall saying anything along the lines that it was close to a fact.

Nobody can say what satrted human life for sure... Some say its Evolution, but by now we would have seen some changes in creatures on our planet now...
Are you doubting evolution, or Darwinism? If it's the first... Let me know, because the last time I checked there where plenty of changes...

Big Bang create Matter from nothing ?...
Again, "Nothing", please quote some one saying that the bigbang created everything from nothing. What is matter...? Did you know we are all made of the same thing, simple "Star dust"? Do you know how it's created, matter that is..?

Gravity is a known scince it not really regarded as a theory any more...
And yet it is. Unless you are god, nothing can be proven.

And if your saying one day the universe will empload like the Expansion suck back in on it's self what then will happen... Will all the planets be sucking into a vacuum and made to the size of a pin head, Then Bang it all happens again... If so why ?...
Yes and no. It's the "if so why?" part that's gotten me... How was that meant to be phrased? Is that, "if so why is fate so cruel?", because that's how it sounded.

I don't see how you can liken the instances you just gave...
Lol, you can't? How can you possible say that we shouldn't, or are "not meant" to understand the makings of the universe? I compare them quite easily.. Both where considered impossible feats, it's called progression. The statement you made came off as, "It's too complex so why bother?" which is weak and sad.

U'r a smart ass :)
I'll take that as pointed at me.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
I was giving them a possible answer, I don't recall saying anything along the lines that it was close to a fact.

That's why I said "could have caused it"... Please read my posts... I am not attacking you.

Are you doubting evolution, or Darwinism? If it's the first... Let me know, because the last time I checked there where plenty of changes...

Many people question Darwins theory... That's why its still a Theory:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Darwin

Darwin's Theory of Evolution - A Theory In Crisis
Darwin's Theory of Evolution is a theory in crisis in light of the tremendous advances we've made in molecular biology, biochemistry and genetics over the past fifty years. We now know that there are in fact tens of thousands of irreducibly complex systems on the cellular level. Specified complexity pervades the microscopic biological world. Molecular biologist Michael Denton wrote, "Although the tiniest bacterial cells are incredibly small, weighing less than 10-12 grams, each is in effect a veritable micro-miniaturized factory containing thousands of exquisitely designed pieces of intricate molecular machinery, made up altogether of one hundred thousand million atoms, far more complicated than any machinery built by man and absolutely without parallel in the non-living world."

And we don't need a microscope to observe irreducible complexity. The eye, the ear and the heart are all examples of irreducible complexity, though they were not recognized as such in Darwin's day. Nevertheless, Darwin confessed, "To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." 

The Big Bag is still a Theory... Its not Proven:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Bang

And here is why it's being questioned as it has MANY holes like I have been saying:-

Features, issues and problems
While currently there are very few researchers who doubt the Big Bang occurred, in the past the community was divided between supporters of the Big Bang and supporters of alternative cosmological models. Throughout the historical development of the subject, problems with the Big Bang theory were posed in the context of a scientific controversy regarding which model could best describe the cosmological observations (see history section above). With the overwhelming consensus in the community today supporting the Big Bang model, many of these problems are remembered as being mainly of historical interest; the solutions to them have been obtained either through modifications to the theory or as the result of better observations. Other issues, such as the cuspy halo problem and the dwarf galaxy problem of cold dark matter, are not considered to be fatal as they can be addressed through further refinements of the theory.

The Big Bang model admits very exotic physical phenomena that include dark matter, dark energy, and cosmic inflation which rely on conditions and physics that have not yet been observed in terrestrial laboratory experiments. While explanations for such phenomena remain at the frontiers of inquiry in physics, independent observations of Big Bang nucleosynthesis, the cosmic microwave background, large scale structure and Type Ia supernovae strongly suggest the phenomena are important and real cosmological features of our universe. The gravitational effects of these features are understood observationally and theoretically but they have not yet been successfully incorporated into the Standard Model of particle physics. Though some aspects of the theory remain inadequately explained by fundamental physics, almost all cosmologists accept that the close agreement between Big Bang theory and observation have firmly established all the basic parts of the theory.

The following is a short list of Big Bang "problems" and puzzles:

Horizon problem
Main article: Horizon problem
The horizon problem results from the premise that information cannot travel faster than light, and hence two regions of space which are separated by a greater distance than the speed of light multiplied by the age of the universe cannot be in causal contact.[24] The observed isotropy of the cosmic microwave background (CMB) is problematic in this regard, because the horizon size at that time corresponds to a size that is about 2 degrees on the sky. If the universe has had the same expansion history since the Planck epoch, there is no mechanism to cause these regions to have the same temperature.

A resolution to this apparent inconsistency is offered by inflationary theory in which a homogeneous and isotropic scalar energy field dominates the universe at a time 10-35 seconds after the Planck epoch. During inflation, the universe undergoes exponential expansion, and regions in causal contact expand so as to be beyond each other's horizons. Heisenberg's uncertainty principle predicts that during the inflationary phase there would be quantum thermal fluctuations, which would be magnified to cosmic scale. These fluctuations serve as the seeds of all current structure in the universe. After inflation, the universe expands according to Hubble's law, and regions that were out of causal contact come back into the horizon. This explains the observed isotropy of the CMB. Inflation predicts that the primordial fluctuations are nearly scale invariant and Gaussian which has been accurately confirmed by measurements of the CMB.

Flatness problem

The overall geometry of the universe is determined by whether the Omega cosmological parameter is less than, equal to or greater than 1. From top to bottom: geometry in a closed universe, an open universe and a flat universe.Main article: Flatness problem
The flatness problem is an observational problem associated with a Friedmann-Lemaître-Robertson-Walker metric.[24] In general, the universe can have three kinds of geometries -- hyperbolic geometry, Euclidean geometry, or elliptic geometry -- depending on the total energy density of the universe as measured by means of the stress-energy tensor. It is hyperbolic if its density is less than the critical density, elliptic if greater, and Euclidean at the critical density. The universe must have been within one part in 1015 of the critical density in its earliest stages, or it would have caused either a Heat Death or a Big Crunch, and the universe would not exist as it does today.

A possible resolution to this problem is again offered by inflationary theory. During the inflationary period, spacetime expanded to such an extent that any residual curvature associated with it would have been smoothed out to a high degree of precision. Thus, it is believed that inflation drove the universe to be very nearly spatially flat.

Magnetic monopoles
The magnetic monopole objection was raised in the late 1970s. Grand unification theories predicted point defects in space that would manifest as magnetic monopoles with a density much higher than was consistent with observations, given that searches have never found any monopoles. This problem is also resolvable by cosmic inflation, which removes all point defects from the observable universe in the same way that it drives the geometry to flatness.[24]

Baryon asymmetry
It is not yet understood why the universe has more matter than antimatter.[24] It is generally assumed that when the universe was young and very hot, it was in statistical equilibrium and contained equal numbers of baryons and anti-baryons. However, observations suggest that the universe, including its most distant parts, is made almost entirely of matter. An unknown process called baryogenesis created the asymmetry. For baryogenesis to occur, the Sakharov conditions, which were laid out by Andrei Sakharov, must be satisfied. They require that baryon number be not conserved, that C-symmetry and CP-symmetry be violated, and that the universe depart from thermodynamic equilibrium.[27] All these conditions occur in the Standard Model, but the effect is not strong enough to explain the present baryon asymmetry.[28] Experiments taking place at CERN near Geneva seek to trap enough anti-hydrogen to compare its spectrum with hydrogen. Any difference would be evidence of a CPT symmetry violation and therefore a Lorentz violation.

Globular cluster age
In the mid-1990s, observations of globular clusters appeared to be inconsistent with the Big Bang. Computer simulations that matched the observations of the stellar populations of globular clusters suggested that they were about 15 billion years old, which conflicted with the 13.7-billion-year age of the universe. This issue was generally resolved in the late 1990s when new computer simulations, which included the effects of mass loss due to stellar winds, indicated a much younger age for globular clusters.[29] There still remain some questions as to how accurately the ages of the clusters are measured, but it is clear that these objects are some of the oldest in the universe.

Dark matter
Main article: Dark matter

A pie chart indicating the proportional composition of different energy-density components of the universe, according to the best ?CDM model fits. Roughly ninety-five percent is in the exotic forms of dark matter and dark energy.During the 1970s and 1980s, various observations (notably of galactic rotation curves) showed that there is not sufficient visible matter in the universe to account for the apparent strength of gravitational forces within and between galaxies. This led to the idea that up to 90% of the matter in the universe is not normal or baryonic matter but rather dark matter. In addition, the assumption that the universe is mostly normal matter led to predictions that were strongly inconsistent with observations. In particular, the universe is far less lumpy and contains far less deuterium than can be accounted for without dark matter. While dark matter was initially controversial, it is now widely accepted in standard cosmology due to observations of the anisotropies in the CMB, galaxy cluster velocity dispersions, large-scale structure distributions, gravitational lensing studies, and x-ray measurements from galaxy clusters. In August 2006, dark matter was definitively observed through measurements of colliding galaxies in the Bullet Cluster.[30][31]

The detection of dark matter is sensitive only to its gravitational signature, and no dark matter particles have been observed in laboratories. Many particle physics candidates for dark matter have been proposed, however, and several projects to detect them directly are underway.

Dark energy
Main article: Dark energy
In the 1990s, detailed measurements of the mass density of the universe revealed a value that was 30% that of the critical density.[9] Since the universe is very nearly spatially flat, as is indicated by measurements of the cosmic microwave background, about 70% of the energy density of the universe was left unaccounted for. This mystery now appears to be connected to another one: Independent measurements of Type Ia supernovae have revealed that the expansion of the universe is undergoing a non-linear acceleration. To explain this acceleration, general relativity requires that much of the universe consist of an energy component with large negative pressure. This dark energy is now thought to make up the missing 70%. Its nature remains one of the great mysteries of the Big Bang. Possible candidates include a scalar cosmological constant and quintessence making up physical vacuum. Observations to help understand this are ongoing. Results from WMAP in 2006 indicate that the universe is 74% dark energy, 22% dark matter, and 4% regular matter.

And yet it is. Unless you are god, nothing can be proven.

Gravity - Is Not a Theory... It's like Air for Pete Sake...LOL
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity (Read this do you see the word THEORY any place...NOPE)
I know the forumla to Gravity as much as I do working out Ditance and time...LOL
Gravitational force = (G * m1 * m2) / (d2)
where G is the gravitational constant, m1 and m2 are the masses of the two objects for which you are calculating the force, and d is the distance between the centers of gravity of the two masses.

So come on where is your Equation for working out when the universe will empload back upon us then ?...LOL

"if so why is fate so cruel?", because that's how it sounded.

I am saying some thing as perfect as the uneriverse and life must have more of a purpose than what scince or Faith has to offer... We would be neive to restrict our selves to either of those two notions...

Lol, you can't? How can you possible say that we shouldn't, or are "not meant" to understand the makings of the universe? I compare them quite easily.. Both where considered impossible feats, it's called progression. The statement you made came off as, "It's too complex so why bother?" which is weak and sad.

I think placing some one elses THEORY as fact in your head is Sad, but there you go...LOL
(What I am saying is the start of every thing is more complex than the Big Bang Theory, if any thing I am saying the Big Bang is too simple an explanation, and I am saying the real cause will elude us for years... I think we need to study life and death better, I think finding the answers to these two factors may give us a better understanding of the universe and the purpose we all belong to).

Try thinking for your-self... read a little on the Big Bang, work out that its a Theory not an Exact scince and examine the Theory before quoting it as Gospel...

I'll take that as pointed at me.

Your a Smart person... I am not questioning that, but your trying to paint me as the person who knows nothing yet I have done Quantum Physics in my BTEC course... I am not counting out the Big Bang theory, I just don't think it's finished by a long Chalk.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 04:49:37 PM by landofshadows »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Ta Mate...

Deliciously_Saucy

I am not saying the Big Bang Theory is not a great Theory, it is... I can't get passed the fact for some thing to be expanding faster than the speed of light (And that in it's self is deemed not possible) and having no outer boundry to define the rate of growth just makes the Theory for me unfounded.

Did you know we are all made of the same thing, simple "Star dust"? Do you know how it's created, matter that is..?

Oh and whats this we are all made of Star Dust... We are Carbon Based... Like pretty much every thing on this planet... If you visited a Silicon Based Planet pretty much every creature should be Silcon Based, And I am not going by Darwin's Theory... I am going by Micro-Biology.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:33:21 PM by landofshadows »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Your main quoted argument seemed to be on Dark matter, which has ( if not, practically ) been detected.
http://www.spacedaily.com/news/darkmatter-00b1.html
MACHO, and its sequel, SuperMACHO, are projects that have directly detected dark matter. Dark matter is dark, yet we can observe it through a variety of clever techniques. One such technique involves measuring the brightness of stars and looking for the effects of gravitational microlenses — stars which get brighter for a brief time, once and only once, as the dark matter passes in front of it.
http://www-out.bell-labs.com/news/2000/may/11/1.html

Every theory has flaws.

That's why I said "could have caused it"...  Please read my posts... I am not attacking you.
I read your words quite fine, state them better if you don't want them confused.

Many people question Darwins theory... That's why its still a Theory:-
Oh..? Perhaps you should read posts more carefully...
I never said I found Darwinism to be believable in entirety...

I think placing some one elses THEORY as fact in your head is Sad, but there you go...LOL
Oh...? I said that..? Please quote it for me...

I think we need to study life and death better,
Death..? As in an afterlife...?

Try thinking for your-self... read a little on the Big Bang, work out that its a Theory not an Exact scince and examine the Theory before quoting it as Gospel...
I've read more then a little on the bigbang, and I feel it to be the most accurate theory of explanation. Please don't get petty... Gospel..?
the "Bigbang" is the current most explanation of how the universe was created.

but your trying to paint me as the person who knows nothing
I'm afraid that comes from the post you made a few pages back... I just truly don't see why you would be compelled to say that.
Imagine if you will the symbol of infinity (A large figure of eight = Cool... But imaging that as being a stream of enrgy, from living creature nolonger living, they move within that stream and at the cross over point in the area the stream collides I think a new planet or star can be born... I thing each dimension has one of these, and being that there is infinate dimensiions means there is an infinate amount of these energy flows... May be the universe as we know it started by a counter effect in a different dimension... I dunno...
What if there is an outer edge to the univers, what if that outer edge was a living creature and we are only a single cell to it... I dunno... But may me to the baceria inside us they see us as their universe...

So come on where is your Equation for working out when the universe will empload back upon us then ?...LOL
I said it was one of the possibilities, not the. Perhaps you can give me an equation for your above theory...?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 05:38:33 PM by Deliciously_Saucy »