RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need help with timer...

Rep:
Level 88
Hey guys , iam using RPG maker 2003 , and i'd like for some help  :)
I made an event , now , i want the hero to get 2 items in 5 minutes , and bring it to this event,
if he will faild, i can guess i can set a switch or somthing that will lead to game over or etc...
but iam having problem seting the timer is self in the event.

???

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I don't really use RM2003, but I suspect the mechanics to be the same, so I will try to explain in XP terms.

1. Start the timer with an event, then turn that event off by using switch.

2. In another event, set up a parallel processing event that checks the items with conditional branches. (Conditional branch: If item 1 is present, then if item 2 is also present, turn on a switch or w/e you do when you get them both).

3. In the same event, do a conditional branch at the end, checking the timer: if timer == 5 min, then turn on the loosing switch or simply activate game over.

Make sure to turn that parallel processing event off with switch when the checking of both items is positive. :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I've never tried the timer myself, but no time like the present to learn how! I think i'll use it at some point in my game...

I would think that you would set the timer, and make sure to have an else case...
Next make a swith for the two items, so that when you get them a switch is turned on. Maybe 2 switches would work, one for each item. Then in the else case...if that is an option (I'm not at my computer to look at the timer settings, but when i look next i'll re post here) make it so that when the switch/switches is/are flipped the timer will turn off.

Then if the switches aren't flipped make the event for the Game over screen to come up when the timer runs out...

That's the best i can do to help right now. When i'm actually at my computer next, I'll see how it works, and if I explained anything wrong, i'll repost...

Hope this post helps... :blizj: