RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
LEGO Universe

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-lego-universe/60584

Gameplay:
Part 1 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-lego-universe/60652
Part 2 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-lego-universe/60650
Part 3 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-lego-universe/60648
Part 4 - http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ces-10-lego-universe/60646

Screenshots/info:
http://www.mpogd.com/news/?ID=5221

The game is an online platformer, which mean there's no levelling. You attack in real time, rather than click to auto-attack as you do in WoW for example. You customise your character's abilities or role in combat by changing the equipment you're wearing. You can unlock stuff to customise your appearance by completing quests or achievements.

There are three ways to build things:
Quick (auto) build. An example of this can be seen in part 1 where he rebuilds a destroyed enemy robot into a friendly sentry gun. Quick building uses up 'imagination', which is similar to mana from what I understand.
Schematics. You can see this in part 2 I think, where he builds a rocket ship. You don't have to follow the schematics exactly.
Free build. Build whatever you want from parts you've unlocked through quests, achievements, finding treasure/secrets etc.. Once you've built whatever you want, you can bring it to life by giving it a "behavior." From what I understand, you are able to modify the preset behaviors.

Obviously the game is going to be aimed at a young audience, so the game will be moderated. You can see in part 1 that your name is sent to a moderator upon character creation, and is soon after verified. Until it is verified, you can still play the game with a default name. This will put a stop to stupid names without getting in the way of playing the game. The things you build are also moderated. This is a good thing, seeing as it'll stop a whole lot of buildings that resemble dicks, or buildings that have dicks.

I've pretty much liked every LEGO platformer game so far, and this one looks like it'll be similar but with MMO elements. Looks like a lot of fun.  :police:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:52:32 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Looks pretty cool, but I probably won't end up playing it. I liked the other LEGO games, too, but they do all play exactly the same. If the dick tower option was there, I might give it a try just for giggles, but I don't think I'm in this demographic anymore. Kind of sad.  :'(

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
If it weren't targeted at kids, I probably would try it. There usually aren't offensive username issues in MMOs. Just use filters, they work fine. Penises aren't an issue in Spore, so I don't see why it would be here.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:11:54 AM by chewey »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
If it weren't targeted at kids, I probably would try it.
All LEGO games are targeted at kids, to be fair.

There usually aren't offensive username issues in MMOs. Just use filters, they work fine.
There are. Also, I'm hoping this system will be used to filter out awful names like !!!NaRUtO666!!!. Obviously the system could be replaced by a filter though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that after a while.

Penises aren't an issue in Spore, so I don't see why it would be here.
It's a game aimed at kids with one world. If there are dicks anywhere, they're likely to be seen by kids. At least in Spore the other user-created aliens you receive are selected randomly from a huge cache of aliens.

Anyway, it is an MMO so it's wise to stay pessimistic. I've learned not to get too hyped up about any MMO, ever.
crap I accidentally clicked modify instead of quote.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:52:38 AM by Irock »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ITT: Malson's perfect MMO

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Quote from: chewey
All LEGO games are targeted at kids, to be fair.
It's really different for online games. Online games that are targeted toward kids tend to suffer from an immature community, annoying "safe chat" systems, and/or terrible moderator-approved systems.

There are. Also, I'm hoping this system will be used to filter out awful names like !!!NaRUtO666!!!. Obviously the system could be replaced by a filter though, and I wouldn't be surprised if they went with that after a while.
I doubt it will filter out plain stupid names. It will most likely just be used to sensor out obscene names.

It's a game aimed at kids with one world. If there are dicks anywhere, they're likely to be seen by kids.
Oh. :police:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:45:26 AM by chewey »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
CRAP IROCK I EDITED YOUR POST AGAIN HANG ON I'M GONNA FIX IT. GRR I HATE POSTING IN VIDEO GAMES

It's really different for online games. Online games that are targeted toward kids tend to suffer from an immature community, annoying "safe chat" systems, and/or terrible moderator-approved systems.
doubt it will filter out plain stupid names. It will most likely just be used to sensor out obscene names.
Actually, I think this is the system they're going with. You can only talk to friends/your party/guild as far as I know. Seems like the game would only be fun if you play with friends, but that seems pretty simple to fix. If I had no other options I'd hang out with /v/ people.  :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:52:47 AM by Irock »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Oh, this looks really good! I sadly have not actually played the Lego games, but I would probably pick one up if I saw it cheap.
I always had the most fun with my legos when I would make armies and have them fight.

Anyone know if this is going to be free?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Oh, this looks really good! I sadly have not actually played the Lego games, but I would probably pick one up if I saw it cheap.
I always had the most fun with my legos when I would make armies and have them fight.

Anyone know if this is going to be free?
It will be pay to play, as far as I know. As for the console LEGO games, you should definitely pick up the original Indiana Jones game as well as the Star Wars game with all 6 episodes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 05:52:51 AM by Irock »

Rep:
Level 102
CRAP IROCK I EDITED YOUR POST AGAIN HANG ON I'M GONNA FIX IT. GRR I HATE POSTING IN VIDEO GAMES

doubt it will filter out plain stupid names. It will most likely just be used to sensor out obscene names.
Actually, I think this is the system they're going with. You can only talk to friends/your party/guild as far as I know. Seems like the game would only be fun if you play with friends, but that seems pretty simple to fix. If I had no other options I'd hang out with /v/ people.  :)
That's both a good thing and a bad thing. The good side of it is that you won't have to put up with 11 year old Nightwolfs kids. The down side is that you couldn't really do anything with people you don't know. Community is a huge part of MMOs.