RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What on earth is wrong with some people

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Answer the original question-What is wrong with them?

whats wrong with you

this topic is to debate on the bad deeds ppl do...
not to answer the question
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 88
What a waste of paper...
HAG = Horrible And Gay

The perfect word to describe this wierd act...

The Legend of Zelda Fanclub

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Here's another horrible thing.

In instances of when parents or guardians kill autistic children for whatever stupid reason, they always get off much lighter than if the child had been born outside the Autistic Spectrum.

It's almost as if the juries and judges don't think that the children are worth as much as normal kids, or that they're barely human.

Disgusting, isn't it?
Life is too short to take seriously.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Yes, quite. There's an obvious double standard here. For instance, a family living in a ghetto (black. Shouldn't matter, but it is a major point in this case) had a child that they had been sending to school for a long time. It was very hard for the boy, because he was constantly harassed by a small gang of other kids that was at the same high-school as he was. The boy is fifteen. His parents went so (poor family remember) far as to get a SECURITY SYSTEM INSTALLED, to make sure the boy was safe. They spent most of their savings on it. So, you can see the severity of this problem, right? One day, a number of the bullies were at her door, and the mom couldn't take it any longer. She grabbed a gun, and gave one to her son. They fired into the crowd, mostly to scare them off, with (as far as I can tell/know) no intention of hitting anyone. Was this the right move? Of course not, but people are people, and they can only take so much. The mother actually iht someone by accident. They  are going to be fine, but the mother and the son are in jail. They are going to be tried in an upper-city court, mostly white, wealthy.

So they decide they want to try the boy as an adult. Why? He never hit anyone, and it's not likely (by a LONG shot) that he convinced his mother to do this. Moreover, it's more likely it was the other way around! He's been bullied for a VERY long time, now he's probably going to get ass-raped in juvie, and then they want to try him as an ADULT!

I thought we were past this kind of thing, put apparently, once again, I put too much faith into man-kind.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
You think that trying someone as an adult for firing a gun into a group of kids is evidence of a double standard?

Rep:
Level 96
If it was a white underage child who had been harrassed for as long as he was, it would have been all, "oh pity the poor child."

Sorry, meant to say that, got in a hurry. ;D

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
Where do you get that idea from? People arer cracking down harder than ever on kids regardless of race because of ridiculous zero tolerance laws. If the kid was middle class and white it would have made people think of Columbine and his guild would have been decided before he ever saw a courtroom.

Rep:
Level 96
While I see your point, I disagree. I won't argue that point though, it would be spam.

So let's get back on topic. You know what else is fucked RIGHT up? Everyone jumping all over Opera's new school. Yeah, she has a lot of money, and she tried to help. Then everyone gets all gossipy and makes it look like a publicity stunt. So she has to pull an ACTUAL publicity stunt to get people off her back!

I don't even LIKE Opera- much the opposite in fact- and I think that's TOTAL bullshit.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 96
HAHAHHAA that's right. ;D

Fuck mandarines, I'm the real thing.
Rep:
Level 88
0_0
Yes, it's Oprah...
But yeah, i'm not a huge fan of Oprah, but she's spreading the wealth, and I respect that.
Like that one time when she gave a car to everyone in her audience. She's just saying thank you (in a sense).

I remember when I was a freshman in high school and this girl had some baby hamsters that she managed to save from some teenaged assholes who threw them on the ground and started stepping on them.

Rep:
Level 96
Oh my fucking lord.

Rep:
Level 88
0_0
Seriously.
After I heard that I wanted to adopt one of them, but my mom wouldn't let me.

Rep:
Level 90
Go away Hakumen...
Honestly, Oprah really isn't too great. I admire her work in Africa and such, but giving a free car to the audiance? That's almost flaunting your wealth and trying to gain mass public attention. I agree with Arrow-1.
"Think outside the box, collapse the box, and take a fucking sharp knife to it." - Banksy

Rep:
Level 88
Honestly, Oprah really isn't too great. I admire her work in Africa and such, but giving a free car to the audiance? That's almost flaunting your wealth and trying to gain mass public attention. I agree with Arrow-1.

Some people just do good things. :)

Rep:
Level 96

(Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to push you away OR shoot myself in the foot here.)

This proves my point. There's no way of knowing for sure what her intentions are when she gives cars to EVERYONE in the audience at (what is supposed to look like) utter random. So we assume the most logical, being that she wants to LOOK good. Is this true? We dunno, but it seems like it. So when she starts her school in Africa we (Joe/Jane Citizen) use our previous assumptions as a sort of trampoline, jumping higher and higher each time until we are too far up in the air to see them through the cloud cover.

As I said, not trying to be a moron, I'm just saying what you said was a very good example. It's different with you obviously, you understand what she's doing now and you are able to discern between the two events. I think exactly the same way of both.

Rep:
Level 88
0_0
...i'm starting to feel like we're spamming somehow...

http://www.wesh.com/news/6272339/detail.html
There should be almost NO reason for those idiots to so far...

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Its a dog eat dog world and every strives to be the best. It is in human nature to become the best and be the ultimate human. Read Sigma Freud's work. He talks about how sons develop natural anger towards there own fathers. The is because sons want to reign supreme. Same with two brothers. Stick them in a cage, and they will beat the shit out of eathother. Try this with two brother rabbits. It is our animal instinct and that is why Oprah did what she did and why others to what others did. It is cause we are humans and animals.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Personal opinion on what is wrong:

Ignorance. Intolerance. Parents who don't care for their children. A society that believes in nothing and just lives and does what it pleases, without thinking of the consequences. A society that is selfish. A society that lacks organization and that has lost faith in life, or that has a concept of life that to me may be mistaken.
A society that I live in, but desperately wish to leave behind.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
What are the consequences exactly?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Affecting others. Depends on what you do. You kill a man, you make an entire family and network of friends suffer as a consequence. You may even end up killing other people indirectly, 'just' for killing that other one.
You rape a young girl or woman, you mark her forever and destroy her life. Especially when she is still virgin, innocent, and dreams with the impossible.
And so on. Everything has a consequence. I am not saying it. Science and almost every element of life demonstrates that this is true.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Well, thats a much better answer than I was expecting.  But I mean, what are the consequences to the person doing it?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
If the person has no conscience, no feelings, which is something I find hard to believe, then there is probably little consequence. You can hide your feelings well, but they will always be there. Feelings make you human.
Otherwise, the consequence may be someone killing a beloved, or taking away whatever you hold dear. Or simply bad experiences in the future. Depending on what you believe. I believe that there is justice, and that those who make others suffer, will suffer sooner or later, either internally or externally.

There is always something to loose. Your suffering may not be direct, but it should affect you either way. There is a Wiccan law that says, whatever you do to others, is returned to you three times greater. Do good to others, you'll be rewarded with greater good. Do something bad to others, your punishment will be even worse.

But then again, it all depends on what you believe.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
The simple rule of the universe, EVERY ACTION HAS AN EQUAL REACTION.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
See, I don't beleive that.  Karma can kiss my black ass, I am mean to people all the time, and I have yet to see a negative consequence.