RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA]Skills that summon armor/items/weapons?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
HI all,

So, for my game, I'm using a lot of Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition supplements, and one that I always liked was the Magic of Incarnum. In the book, the three new classes introduced have the ability to Soulmeld, which forms physical magic items from Incarnum, an essence that surrounds us. I was wondering if anyone could set up a script for me that would allow a character to use a skill to summon an item, automatically equip it to a certain slot, and not be able to use skills that summon to that slot again until the item is removed. The idea is, the classes can Soulmeld an item, mostly armor, to their head, face, neck, shoulders, heart, soul, arms, hands, waist, and feet, so a character, once leveled up enough, can soulmeld one item to all ten slots, but cannot overlap any. The soulmeld can last as long as the character wants, and then simply dispells it when they choose to change soulmelds.

Also, another addition to these classes is the ability to imbune all their soulmelds with Essentia, one's personal Incarnum. Each character has a pool of Essentia they can access which does not permanently deplete. This Essentia is used to make soulmelds more powerful, for example, a level ten character has a 13 Essentia points, and soulmelds gloves that increase damage. For every point of essentia the character dedicates to that soulmeld, the gloves increase damage further. But once the soulmeld is dispelled, their Essentia points are returned to their pool.

Further more, the rulebook includes what is called Chakra binding. The theory behind this is that one could wear a magic helmet, and soulmeld to the head slot as well. But, with Chakra binding, the soulmeld stops any physical objects from taking their place, so a soulmeld bound to the head, would stop the character from being able to wear a helmet, hat, etc.

Would anyone be able to figure out a script to grant me at least the first function listed here? I can do without the Essentia or Chakra binding, but I would definitely like a script that allows skills to equip items. If someone could figure out a script to allow the rest of the functionality, I'd be highly grateful!

Thanks!

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
So basically like the Bound Armor/Weapons system in the elder scrolls games.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Yupp, the basis of this is exactly like the bound armor spells.

Rep:
Level 57
It might be good to ask Seamus or Pacman about the script. They might have something for you.
Link to my game is here.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion!

Rep:
Level 57
Not a problem.
Link to my game is here.