RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Ziifee's ATB Battle System?

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Watashi wa kodoku unmei ni moeru y?na akumada...
Hey. I have such a request. Can anyone port Ziifee's ATB Battle System to RMVXAce? I would be grateful. Without this script, the project has stalled and not moving forward.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I saw your post here http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/2590-vxa-ziifees-atb-battle-system/ and I will be frank with you.  There is a vast difference from VX and Ace's scripting and as such, simply porting over the battle system would be a task of practically re-writing the entire system from scratch with only minimal code being reused.  The best option would be to take the other person's advice and try using a different ATB system.  Now don't get upset and use big letters to make your point known that it "isn't what you need" but when you upgrade to ace from vx, it is your problem if you do not have the required scripts.  You can either downgrade to VX or request that the original creator of the battle system make an Ace version...

...at any rate, with a simple google search (which is how I spotted your other post), I found this.  It appears the creator is working with Ace now so you may or may not see the person who made the script make an official Ace version.  Simply contacting them would be your best bet (and hope he can read english)

http://neomemo.web.fc2.com/top.html

On another note, I feel this is important to point out but a lot of scripts are licensed in such a way that the author does not want people to convert scripts to other versions of rpgmaker or modify it and give it out for that matter.  I am unsure how this script is licensed but it would be worth looking into.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:59:10 PM by Steven W »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 82
Hey. I have such a request. Can anyone port Ziifee's ATB Battle System to RMVXAce? I would be grateful. Without this script, the project has stalled and not moving forward.

This in itself raises a good issue. It's for this reason that games should be designed carefully to ensure that you already have, or will later have, access to the required features before you settle on the idea. Expecting that someone will port over an existing script for you is not good practice. Whilst some scripts may only take a few hours to port, some scripts - especially battle engines - can take a lot longer.

But like lethrface above said; the first person you should talk to is the original author. Even if another scripter was to take up the offer, they may also need to contact the original author to ask for permission to translate or port it. If they are then denied that permission, you would not have a script and your project will fail to work. This would also happen if no wanted to to port it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
Watashi wa kodoku unmei ni moeru y?na akumada...
I asked permission from ziifee. He (she?) allowed to port his script to VX Ace.
Can anyone do this?