RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] [REQUEST] event graphics changer

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
basically i script that i want to request is a graphics changer for the event.... usually we use self switch or the move event to change the graphics.... but i want to change it by using a call script... it can be either just change the pattern within the graphics or change the file graphics itself and then choose which pattern to view in that new graphics...

Thanks in advance,
Zhein04

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9
Set move Route > Change graphics...

RMRK Junior
is there a way that i can use call script to do that?

Rep:
Level 57
Contestant - GIAW 9
is there a way that i can use call script to do that?

Why would you?

And also here is a script:
Code: [Select]
class Game_Event
attr_accessor:character_name
end
a="001-Fighter01"
$game_map.events[1].character_name=a

Has not been tested so report any problem. Change 1 for other events and "001-Fighter01" with some other charset you want to change to.

Really though, why you want to script this?

RMRK Junior
thats exactly what i need. thanks a lot.. I will be using it for a decoration script i guess.... oh another thing what if i want to change the pattern of it .. i think it's default is the upper left part of the char sheet.. what if i want to use the upper right then?

Rep:
Level 57
Contestant - GIAW 9
Put this in a script cause you only need it to run once. Right above main should work.
class Game_Event
attr_accessor:character_name
attr_accessor:pattern
end

Change graphics
a="001-Fighter01"
$game_map.events[1].character_name=a

Change pattern
$game_map.events[1].pattern = 3

You need to change both the 1's to the correct ID. It now sets the pattern to far right. Far left is 0, middle left is 1 and middle right is 2.
If you want something else than the top row, you need to add this:

$game_map.events[1].direction = 2

2 - First row. 4 - Second row. 6 - Third row. 8 - Bottom row.