RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Multiple things pls! So sry!

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
K i am so sorry, i have been asking quite a bit of questions but.
1) Is there a script that allows me to walk on roofs without walking from the roof onto the ground. So like the roof is it's own seperate level.
2) Is there any final fantasy 13 like menu? Cause i srsly need it for my game. PLS PLS PLS
3) For a stair, that goes down, would the roof script (if any) make me not able to walk from the side of the stair onto it? As in like say i am on the left hand side of the stair case, would it stop me from just walking right directly onto the stairs? Because i find this quite annoying.

TY TY TY TY TY for all those posts that do reply.
SRY FOR THE HELP!
I appreciate any comments that relate to these questions! Even if they do not help majorly.
THAAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYOOOOOOUUUUUUU

Rep:
Level 82
For which maker? Even if you've said before which you use, it's worth always telling people again because some of us might not know.

If it's for VX:

#1: I'm not sure if a terrain tag script may be able to help with that. You could probably do it with events too, by checking the location of the player and placing restrictions accordingly. I don't know if there's an actual script out there that handles stairs specifically.
#2: http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=42396.0  Look in that list, there's a few links to FF13 style menu scripts. They do need other scripts in place to use, so there may be incompatibility issues.
#3: Same as #1.

If it's for another maker, I don't think I've come across a FF13 menu script for those.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
1 and 3 need no scripts, they're easily solvable using the program itself. Try messing around with directional passing on tilesets and using switches and events to create fake secondary floors. Late popular RM2003 games would often use techniques like this, you should take time to learn the way those games would use the program in unconventional ways.

As for number 2, what version are you using? I recall a Shadow Hearts menu system for XP that is pretty close to an FF13 one.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
While every other maker has 4-dir passability settings, VX does not. He would need a script to reinstate them if that is the maker he is using.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
for 1, I'd have a blank char set blocking the corners of a roof, preventing the character from running off them, I belive you could also create a seperate map for the roof part of the location, then make a map for the floor part, then switch between them at the points where they connect. (using no fade and retain player direction) (then again, that works in rmxp idk if it works in vx)

Rep:
Level 84
If it's for VX (which you really should specify in the initial post) then here's Moon Man's Wall Tile Extension for you. I don't remember where I found it, nor can I find it anymore. So here you go.

Rep:
Level 66
Ah thanks so much. Kudos to everybody!
TY TY TY oh and i am so sry i forgot to put vx there. For the Final Fantasy one i am using shanghai's final fantasy 13 menus. Very very nice stuff. For the roof stuff i do not really know how to mess with directional passing on tilesets (since i am still a noob that is learning more).
But even then.
TY TY TY TY TY TY  ;8 ;8 ;8

Rep:
Level 84
Moon Man's script should actually be plug'n play as long as you are using the default tiles.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
stop. using. chatspeak.

Rep:
Level 66
Sry what is chat speak? I normally talk like this :P
Is there something wrong with the way I talk? If yes then i will try my best to change.

Rep:
Level 66
Oh oh
sorry i see what you mean.
as in don't say sry say sorry or not TY say thank you.
I will try my best :-[