RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Five requests

Rep: +0/-0Level 78
RMRK Junior
Scripts Request
10/24/2010

Summary
This is actually 5 seperate requests, but I made them into 1.
  • States: I want to request certain states and different appearance of states for YEM.
  • Crafting System: Many crafting system does not satisfy my wants, also some of them are incompatible with YEM.
  • Enemy stats given: After defeating enemy, some variables will increased. This should be set in the notes. The variables that increased are for each character attend in the battle.
  • Battle Results Window: I just don't like the victory aftermath.
  • YERD Common Event Menu: If anyone can translate this into a YEM one, I will appreciate it.

Features Desired
    States
    • Reflect: Magic attack willl be bounce back to the user. Set by notes which skills isn't reflectable.
    • Invisible: No skills or attacks or items will effect the apllied target. The target's sprite should be invisible.
    • Zombie: All healing attacks will become damage attacks. A Phoenix Down will completely kill. The applied target's sprite should become greeny.
    • Reverse: Change target HP into MP, and vice versa.
    • Reverse II: All healing skills will become damage skills, all damage skills now will heal. (different from Zombie, as their is a way to heal).
    • Auto-life: Auto revive when dead. (applied only once)
    • Petrify: If all party members involved in this state, game will be over! The applied target's sprite should be gray.
    • Berseck and Confuse: For berseck, turn red. For confuse, turn around.
    • Worried: Nothing gained after battle, even my requested stats.
    • Hesitate: Not like stop, but sometimes the command is applied, sometimes not.
    • Happy: Gain double of everything after battle.
    • Trouble: When the target takes damage, all other members is damage by 1/4 of the damage taken.
    • Return damage: Return 1/4 HP damage to the user.
    • Mini / Giant: All states is divide into 2/ double. Sprites should be set to 50% for mini and 200% for Giant.
    • Resist Element: All attacks deal by the selected elements on the target will be nullified. (applied only once)
    • Weaken: Make the target weak against an element.
    • Float: No effect against earth element. The sprite should be levitated into the air.
    • Lunatic mode to change battler's sprite when he/she is in a  particular state.
    Crafting system
    • Combine many items into 1 items.
    • Disassemble 1 item into many items.
    • Converts from one item to another item.
    • Customize formula in script.
    • A formula can be 2 ways, or 1 way. That means if you combine 2 Potions into 1 Hi-Potion, you can return 1 Hi-Potion back into 2 Potions. If you combine 2 weapons into a new one, the new weapon can't be remade. Customizable.
    • Information for requirement for craftable items, and the result's information.
    • Skills can be refined into items.
    • Just appear the mix item when player has enough items.
    Enemy stats given
    • Set some variables to connect with actors.
    • Set notes to let the enemy give points to variables.
    • Able to make many variables type.
    • Only characters attend in battle benefit.
    Battle Results Window
    • 3 scenes.
    • The first scene show the exp earns and who level up, a window for which stat increase.
    • The second scene show all other things recceived after battle like JP, variables (my request just before this one.)
    • The third scene show what item taken after battle, and gil received.
    • Of course, no talk.
    All of them should be compatible with YEM.

Mockups
NO.

Games its been in
  • ff series
  • Some features I've just thought of.

Did you search?
Yes.

Where did you search?
  • rmrk.net, rpg revolution, hb game, rpg maker vx .net, creation asylum, rpg collective,...

What did you search for?
  • all the keywords of the script up there.
[/list]
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:54:37 AM by sacred »

RMRK Junior

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I don't get why you want the YERD Common Event, when Main Menu Melody has the same function.

These really should be separate requests I think... Particularly the Victory Aftermath... you need to have a lot more detail of what you want there, like how you want it to look, what you want it to display, ect. This one SHOULD have a mockup.

Also some of those states have been done before, Like Provoke/Vanish, Battle Engine Melody already has the means to affect elemental states.

Also this guy is working on a very in depth crafting system with many parts. This is only one part he's posting about here.

However the states like Happy should definitely be considered with the Victory Aftermath/Battle Result window.

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Yeah, these requests really should be separate and fleshed out a bit more; it's not required by the rules of the forum by any means, but it would make it a little easier for scripters to figure out what you want.

For instance, on the States request:
Mostly OK, but how do you want to deal with multiple states. If petrified and Zombie, should it be grey or green? Also, are you using any battle scripts? You do say compatible with YEM, so that probably means you are using Battle Engine Melody, but I can't assume that since you are not using Yanfly Victory Aftermath so there's no reason to assume you're using every YEM script. So you should be more explicit as to which scripts you need this to be compatible with.

On the Enemy Stats Given request:
Do you mean in-game variables? If so, how do you want to set up which actor gets which variable? Should it simply be a range, like you specify 48 and variable 48 will hold that stat for actor 1, 49 for actor 2, etc... If you don't mean in-game variables, how do you want to set them up - should each "stat" be given a name? Do you want these to show up anywhere, such as the status scene?

For the Victory Aftermath:
As Terra (Ciel) suggested, you should really make a mockup in paint for each of the three pages you want. Each should be 544x416 and you should specify how big you want each window, where you want each stat to appear, etc... it will make it better for you too, as you will be able to see where there would be whitespace and lets you specify what to do with it. It's particularly important as you've specified that you don't want to use Yanfly's script, but have not specified what you dislike about Yanfly's. How would we know what to avoid? As well, where you are asking for it to show non-default stuff, like JP, you should provide a link to whatever script you are using that creates that stat.

Anyway, those are just a few questions I think any scripter would need the answer to in order to fulfill these requests. If you revise it according to those suggestions, I promise that I will do at least the Enemy Stats one.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
Also sacred, I do notice you've made a lot of script requests, and while I realize that you have a lot of things that you want to have done, sometimes it's better to make sure you have everything you want done for one part before moving on to another. Like I mentioned, you definitely want your aftermath to be compatible with your states, thus you should push for your states to be done first and then when they are, THEN you request your aftermath script.

I also would like a crafting system like you described, something easy to set up with a nice format... but I haven't requested it for 2 reasons. 1) the project that I want it for is currently on hiatus, and 2) I don't want to ask for too much :| I would definitely help you detail that crafting script request though.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

RMRK Junior
About the common event menu, sorry because i missed it. About the enemy stats given, it's in game variables. Modern algebra made one, i just want a small scriplet that makes enemy increases the stats. These stats should be treated as exp or jp. About the victory aftermath, i'm really using yanfly battle engine melody but i want a rewrite of the victory aftermath. I will make a mockup on the weekend. About the states, what i really want is a script that allows user to easily customize the battler sprites and some extra state effects.. If the battler is in multiple states, it depends on the states priority. If two states has the same priority, it will take the effect of the state which has the lower id. About the crafting system, i remembered i've seen and thought of many features more than this, but i've forgotten till now.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 01:13:21 PM by sacred »

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
So this is what you want for a States script (with a few additions by me to increase utilization):
  • Assign Sprite changes or effects by actor per state ID.
    • Effect: Sprite spin. (Turn < ^ > v) aka Confuse State
    • Effect: Color Outline. (Assign a RGB color to outline the sprite as a simple glow effect) If multiple glow effects are on the sprite they rotate in order of application.
    • Effect: Float. The Sprite is risen from the base position and bobs up and down with a shadow below them indicating the ground.
    • Effect: Mini - 1/2 sprite size while state in effect.
    • Effect: Giant - 2x sprite size while state in effect.
    • Effect: Sprite Tone: Ability to set the tone of the sprite alone.
    There should be an area that defines Effects for States and an area that defines sprite changes for actors by states.
  • List of specific states to be added with this script.
  • Confused: Ability to randomly assign a target of Enemy or Ally (50/50) via notetag in state. (I know someone elese did it, but it's nice to keep things together I guess)
  • Invisible: Target cannot be targeted by attacks, unless attack is group/area.
  • Enemy Troop State: Leader: Target cannot be targeted until all other enemies are removed from field.
  • Return Magic (Reflect): The Spell cast bounces off the target and returns to the caster. Ability to assign SE and Animation on Defense before spell is returned to caster. Automatically assigned to MP cost skills with a notetag to denote if the skill cannot be reflected. A "Random Return" Tag can be added if the spell can randomly return to any target in the enemy party, not just the caster.

I have to start getting off to work... I'll have to finish later...

Back and continuing...

Some of these states don't make sense so I'll just pose these as questions:
Worried: So you get no item drops, no experience, no gold, no JP (YEM Skill Overhaul), and not Special Battle Variable Script (Which I don't get at all)? Personally I think that's really rough :( What's the point to the battle at all?
Hesitate: So random chance where your action chosen will not occur? Should the chance of this be definable in the tag for multiple integrations?
Trouble: I don't get this at all... Does this disperse all damage DONE to the target with this status among all allies? Or  does it do full damage to the troubled target and then 1/4 of that damage is applied to the target's allies? OR is 1/4 of that damage returned to the entire enemy group?
Return damage: does this mean that 1/4 of damage the person that has this status deals is returned to recover the state holder? Or is this 1/4 of damage dealt to the state holder is returned to the dealer of the damage?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 04:36:49 AM by Ciel Phantomhive »

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

RMRK Junior
Worried makes you don't get exp, jp, but still get drop item. The variables are from the enemy stats given i've requested in this topic. So this state can't be done until that script is finished. Hesitate is gotten from ff9. When Garnet's mother die, her commands in battle sometimes are confirmed, sometimes aren't. So it's better to make a notetag to determine the percent that the target action is confirmed/performed. Trouble is also a state taken from ff9. When the one with the state is damaged, 1/4 of the damage taken by him will be passed on all other party members.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I'm still confused on trouble :| You didn't clear it up. You essentially just said it was from FF9 and that the damage went to other people in the same group. :| Does the person with the state still take full damage and 1/4 of that damage is distributed among the group? Is the damage reduced by 1/4 and then that 1/4 is distributed among the group?

It also kinda makes me want to have a Distribute state that all damage dealt to the target affected with the state is divided among all members of the group.

~My Projects~

~ RPG Maker Collective ~

RMRK Junior
The person still take full damage. Then, the damage is divided into 4. The other members of the same group will be damaged by that amount. Is it clear now?

RMRK Junior
Here are my mockups.
For scene 1 scene 2 (use the same graphic):
1. Write a line like this: "Experience points" for scene 1 and "other points" for scene 2.
2;3;4;5: Characters' sprites.
7;8;9;10: Show EXP received, Next Level, Current EXP, current lv of each character (for scene 1). Scene 2 show current variable stat, variable stat received.
11;12;13;14: Show the stats up when a character gains level. If he/she doesn't gain level, put the line "No stats gained" (for scene 1). Scene 2 shouldn't have this.
6: Says which actor levels up for scene 1. Do nothing with scene 1.
For  scene 3:
1. Write a line like this: "Gold and drop items"
2. Write a line like this: "Received items"
3. Write a line like this: "Current items"
4. Show all the items get after the battle.
5. Show the current item in inventory of the same name as the item get. Show nothing if there is no of the item kind in inventory. Available in scrolling mode if there are too many items.
6. Gold get from enemies.
7. Current gold.
First, just show the scene. When the player hits the action button, calculation will begin. When the player hits the button again, proceed to the next scene.

RMRK Junior
I forgot to say: the victory ME continues being played through those scenes and stops after the scenes.

RMRK Junior