RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Real-time-Action-SideView-Battle System (Look inside @_@)

Rep:
Level 86
Real-time-Action-SideView-Battle System
August 17, 2008.

Summary
So... I'm requesting this script that I doubt anyone can make. No turn-based battle system for me:

When encountering an enemy, the script should teleport my character to a map (a platformer one  :-\) and start a battle.
In the battle, you should be able to control the side-view character (think Dollmage) with the arrow keys, and use skills
that have been assigned to keys from the menu. You should also swordslash/launch projectile with the spacebar key.
When you've won the battle, you should be teleported back to where you encountered the enemy.
Jumping would be great as well.

Features Desired
  • Jumping.
  • Arrow key controlling.
  • Using skills with hotkeys.
  • Attacking with spacebar.
  • Intelligent enough enemies.(They don't just stand there and get pummeled)
  • Ally Support (They need intelligence as well!)
Mockups
Kind of like what the battle system looks like in Dollmages game, 'Aurora Dreams'.

Games its been in
Pretty much any platformer game... but my request is slightly different  ;9

Did you search?
Yes, for about two hours straight...

Where did you search?
  • RMRK.net
  • CreationAsylum
  • Gamebaker

What did you search for?
  • Battle System
  • ABS
  • Platform (and pretty much every variation of platformer)

If nobody wants has the time to make one, then can somebody convert a "Linear Motion Battle System" script from RMXP to RMVX?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this! ;)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 05:22:17 AM by Evilnms »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
you're looking for a 'Linear Motion Battle System' from the Tales Of - series if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately there isn't currently one scripted, and I'm not sure if anyone could or has the time to pull it off.  There -is- however a very similar system, although it uses the character sprites, not moving battlers.  I'll try to dig it up for you.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
you're looking for a 'Linear Motion Battle System' from the Tales Of - series if I'm not mistaken.

Unfortunately there isn't currently one scripted, and I'm not sure if anyone could or has the time to pull it off.  There -is- however a very similar system, although it uses the character sprites, not moving battlers.  I'll try to dig it up for you.
Thanks a lot ^_^