RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
You CAN import your own sprites in VX you know... and they don't have to be small and chubby. :P

Rep:
Level 86
oh oops lol but I'm still sticking with XP for awhile I really like it right now

Rep:
Level 86
Om Nom Nom
I already havea demo of that,

the character sprites are like to the char. sprites in RM2K

in the mapping layer, it is only one!!! there are 5 tile groups..
 the first one is the overworld tileset
the second one is the outdoor / indoor
and so on.....

like RM2K, it also has the starting point of the VEHICLES!!!!!! boat, ship, and airship.........

upgraded database system, scripts, and many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all the graphics are very alike in the graphics of RM2k!!!!!!

i forgot the site where i downloaded the demo...

i'll just post it if i found it

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
2k3 has a number of those features as well, such as vehicles....
Anything that make vx particularly i]better[/i] than 2k3?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
You CAN import your own sprites in VX you know... and they don't have to be small and chubby. :P

I'd like more details!

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
you know like when you get a new Sprite for your game and you import it in you rpgmaker? well just do that like take your characters from your current project and put them in rmVX atleast  thats what I got out of it  ;)

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
and they don't have to be small and chubby. :P

I mean this part.

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
well if your an artist then maybe edit them not to be but I think he meant putting no chubby characters in you game  :) i could be wrong

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

I mean this part.

If you put a $ infront of the filename of the sprite it will import just like in XP.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Hm I didn't know that cool

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89

I mean this part.

If you put a $ infront of the filename of the sprite it will import just like in XP.

Cool! =D So the RMXP sprites are not thrown out after all.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
That's interestin' enough....still wonderin' what the difference between the two rgss's are now.....
Apart from that though, vx is startin' to look like it has the beneits from 2k3 and xp....that's good....must find out more still....

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
There really is not much change in the scripting system actually. Only there's a line which makes every script ugly because it goes through the middle of the page. Of course, a lot of the classes have been modified and so are a bit different. But really, I have yet to notice a difference in syntax or anything (method definitions are a different color now :P). 

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Yeah.
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while!

I tried the demo of VX. It was pretty cool I suppose, but it was all in japanese so I had no idea what I was doing.

And maybe I am just wierd, but I like the little chubby sprites. ;D

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
Ya me too lol there kinda  Classic and seem more like a game sorta lol

Rep:
Level 86
doas any1 know when excactly rmvx is comming out or is it still just some time this month?

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
There IS an english translation of the full version.

Don't ask me why i know.
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 86
You wouldn't happen know where to fond it would you?

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
I'll give you a hint.  Go download bit spirit or any kind of torrent DLer *wink*wink*.

Then do 7 jumping jacks, scream my name real loud and the program should install on your PC in seconds.

Rep:
Level 86
lol....funny :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
Lol torrents are the last way out.  :lol:

Direct links 4ever!
Does 2+2 equal a peanut?

Rep:
Level 86
With ya on that lol

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
They have six more days to release the English trial ;_;.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 87
Master of Stepmania
It's amazingly funny to see you guys wait for it  :lol: