RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
http://rpgrevolution.com/news/122007/0501.php

It looks like event commands are going to be pretty much the same as they were before. I really wish it allowed you to create your own event commands :( I guess call script will have to do.

And yeah, those sample games are going to be included with the Japanese release. I do not know if they will bother translating for the English release, but if those projects are open then we can get the scripts and resources from them regardless. Here is the info I found on the sample games:

http://rpgrevolution.com/news/122007/0401.php
http://rpgrevolution.com/rmvx/sample_games.php

Also, here is the video in japanese:

« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 07:20:44 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Stencyl looks very promising.

What more can I add about VX that hasn't already been posted?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
If you want to discuss Stencyl, then go to the Stencyl thread. This thread is for RMVX discussion.

Rep:
Level 86
When is RMRK planing to make RMVX sections?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Most probably a month before it comes out. Thats way it gives people time to start organizing for its launch.

Also because near its English launch there will be more specific details about character, tilemap, icons, etc that people can use to start creating their own stuff. (not that their aren't those out already)
Sig by MacGravel

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
(not that their aren't those out already)

FYI: These are (at least for the time being) to be used on in RMRevolutions resource database.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 97
As Irock has discovered, the Japanese trial version has been released: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23164.0.html (they should probably be merged)

And here is the list of event commands:

(Note: All of the promised premade events are in the event editor, and you just select them, rather than a command)

Code: [Select]
1st Column:

(1) Show Message: The wide box is for text, the square box is facesets and the other box is position (top, mid, bot)

(2) Show Choice

(3) Key Input Processing

(4) Control Switches

(5) Control Variables

(6) Control Self Switch

(7) Timer

(8) Conditional Branch: At first glance, looks the same

(9) Loop

(10) Break Loop

(11) Call Common Event

(12) Label

(13) Jump to Label

(14) Comment

2nd Column:

(15) Change Gold

(16) Change Items

(17) Change Weapons

(18) Change Armor

(19) Change Party Member

(20) Change HP (healing or hurting)

(21) Change MP (healing or hurting)

(22) Change Status

(23) Recover All

(24) Change Exp

(25) Change Level

(26) Change Base Statistics (Change Maximum HP, Maximum SP, stats)

(27) Change Skills

(28) Change Equipped Items

(29) Change Hero Name

(30) Change Hero Class

2nd Tab:

1st Column:

(1) Transfer Player (Fading option removed, otherwise the same)

(2) Set Vehicle Location

(3) Set Event Location

(4) Scroll Map

(5) Set Move Route (same at first glance)

(6) Wait for Move's completion

(7) Change Transparent Flag

(8) Show Animation

(9) Show Expression (New! Expression Icon Stuff)

(10) Erase Event

(11) Fade Screen (New! Blacks the screen out, sort of like an automatic Change Screen Tone to 0, 0, 0)

(12) Show Screen (New! Restores screen to normal; Retains screen tone before the fade)

(13) Change Screen Tone

(14) Flash Screen

(15) Shake Screen

2nd Column:

(16) Wait

(17) Show Picture

(18) Move Picture

(19) Rotate Picture

(20) Change Picture Colour Tone (lol I'm Canadian)

(21) Erase Picture

(22) Set Weather Effects

(24) Play BGM

(25) Fade BGM

(26) Play BGS

(27) Fade BGS

(28) Play ME

(29) Play SE

(30) Stop SE

3rd Tab:

1st Column:

(1) Battle Processing

(2) Shop Processing

(3) Name Input Processing

(4) Call Menu Screen

(5) Call Save Screen

(6) Game Over

(7) Return to Title Screen

(8) Change Battle BGM

(9) Change Victory ME

(10) Change Save Access

(11) Change Menu Access

(12) Change Encounters

(13) Change Actor Graphic

(14) Change Vehicle Graphic (New!)

(15) Call Script

2nd Column:

(16) Change Enemy HP

(17) Change Enemy MP

(18) Change Enemy Status

(19) Enemy Recover All

(20) Reveal Hidden Enemy

(21) Transform Enemy

(22) Show Battle Animation

(23) Force Action

(24) End Battle

And the Database:

Tabs:

(1) Actors

(2) Classes

(3) Skills

(4) Items

(5) Weapons

(6) Armors

(7) Enemies

(8) Enemy Troops

(9) States

(10) Animations

(11) Common Events

(12) System

(13) Words (separated from system in XP, allows you to set what words represent what things, like stats, items, weapons, etc...)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:00:13 PM by modern algebra »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
They're pretty much the same, except the Vehicle thing.
Good to know :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
As Irock has discovered, the Japanese trial version has been released: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23164.0.html (they should probably be merged)

And here is the list of event commands:

(Note: All of the promised premade events are in the event editor, and you just select them, rather than a command)

Code: [Select]
1st Column:

(1) Show Message: The wide box is for text, the square box is facesets and the other box is position (top, mid, bot)

(2) Show Choice

(3) Key Input Processing

(4) Control Switches

(5) Control Variables

(6) Control Self Switch

(7) Timer

(8) Conditional Branch: At first glance, looks the same

(9) Loop

(10) Break Loop

(11) Call Common Event

(12) Label

(13) Jump to Label

(14) Comment

2nd Column:

(15) Change Gold

(16) Change Items

(17) Change Weapons

(18) Change Armor

(19) Change Party Member

(20) Change HP (healing or hurting)

(21) Change MP (healing or hurting)

(22) Change Status

(23) Recover All

(24) Change Exp

(25) Change Level

(26) Change Base Statistics (Change Maximum HP, Maximum SP, stats)

(27) Change Skills

(28) Change Equipped Items

(29) Change Hero Name

(30) Change Hero Class

2nd Tab:

1st Column:

(1) Transfer Player (Fading option removed, otherwise the same)

(2) Set Vehicle Location

(3) Set Event Location

(4) Scroll Map

(5) Set Move Route (same at first glance)

(6) Wait for Move's completion

(7) Change Transparent Flag

(8) Show Animation

(9) Show Expression (New! Expression Icon Stuff)

(10) Erase Event

(11) Fade Screen (New! Blacks the screen out, sort of like an automatic Change Screen Tone to 0, 0, 0)

(12) Show Screen (New! Restores screen to normal; Retains screen tone before the fade)

(13) Change Screen Tone

(14) Flash Screen

(15) Shake Screen

2nd Column:

(16) Wait

(17) Show Picture

(18) Move Picture

(19) Rotate Picture

(20) Change Picture Colour Tone (lol I'm Canadian)

(21) Erase Picture

(22) Set Weather Effects

(24) Play BGM

(25) Fade BGM

(26) Play BGS

(27) Fade BGS

(28) Play ME

(29) Play SE

(30) Stop SE

3rd Tab:

1st Column:

(1) Battle Processing

(2) Shop Processing

(3) Name Input Processing

(4) Call Menu Screen

(5) Call Save Screen

(6) Game Over

(7) Return to Title Screen

(8) Change Battle BGM

(9) Change Victory ME

(10) Change Save Access

(11) Change Menu Access

(12) Change Encounters

(13) Change Actor Graphic

(14) Change Vehicle Graphic (New!)

(15) Call Script

2nd Column:

(16) Change Enemy HP

(17) Change Enemy MP

(18) Change Enemy Status

(19) Enemy Recover All

(20) Reveal Hidden Enemy

(21) Transform Enemy

(22) Show Battle Animation

(23) Force Action

(24) End Battle

And the Database:

Tabs:

(1) Actors

(2) Classes

(3) Skills

(4) Items

(5) Weapons

(6) Armors

(7) Enemies

(8) Enemy Troops

(9) States

(10) Animations

(11) Common Events

(12) System

(13) Words (separated from system in XP, allows you to set what words represent what things, like stats, items, weapons, etc...)
It shouldn't be merged. We don't have to limit discussion of an RPG Maker to one topic. The trial version release was a major VX event, and I felt it was necessary to create a separate tread.

Rep:
Level 97
Maybe not, but you'd think that if you have a news topic, where all news on something is supposed to go, then another topic with news seems redundant. It seems like it'd be better to have one topic with all the news rather than making a new topic everytime something significant happens and letting the other one die.

In any case, am I doing something wrong, or are ther really only two layers in this maker? Every time I try to place a new tile from any layers B, C, or D, they erase whatever other tiles that were there from B, C, or D. So, if I have a tile from B, I cannot place over top of it a tile from C or D. That's kind of really lame that they brought that restriction back.

Rep:
Level 87
I decided to make a very simple comparison of maps for RM95 - RMVX
Spoiler for Comparison:

Yes, I'm sure it's quite a flawed approach, but... meh...

Also, I think RPG Maker 95 looks best... And you'd think VX would look the best... <_< >_>

Rep:
Level 97
Just so everyone knows, there is an English translation of the trial: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,23364.0.html

Also, the full RTP has been posted on enterbrain's website. Since I cannot read japanese, I found it here: http://rpgrevolution.com/rmvx/download/

And I liked XP the most myself

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Have you tried RMVX, modern algebra?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
*dls the trial for comparison*

Spoiler for:
specifically looking for:
XP to VX script compatibility (or if it's easily made so)
waypoint editor?
can the sprites be made monsterous like in XP?

irregardless:
I suggest a VX competition to be held in the near future
(prob'ly when the cracked version is released >.>)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 07:12:12 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
In my opinion I think VX has alot of upsides to it that rmxp didnt have like the vehical command im glad they brought that back from 2003 I tried rmVX and if they lower the price a bit it would be worth using but thats just me but if you look closly at the maps VX daos have the best graphics if you look at the pixulating and quality ya the graphics are down to gameboy color but the quality is much better  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah...it's alright
I don't mind the interface, and I'm glad there's still scripting support
I'm gna mess around a bit and see if they made stuff any easier or what

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I like 2k3 and xp graphics personally.  although vx technically has the best quality, there's something a lot more real-looking and aesthetically appealling about xp.  With the wee extra bits like curves in the rocks, or loose boulders or growing plants, it seems better than jagged, dead-set square tiiles that vx and earlier versions have....

Rep:
Level 97
God, Irock is being annoying. Now I can't use the words s-omething or c-orn. What a dumbass~  :police:

Anyway, I have tried VX, and I don't know what to think about it until I try the full trial version, if there will be one. I am still wondering if the tileset tab is really gone or whether or not that was just a feature removed for the Limited Trial. I am thinking that mapping has become significantly worse, though the autotiles are nice. There are fewer layers (at least in the limited trial), and so that's a major problem in my opinion. Also, if there is no tileset tab then I see nowhere to add terrain tags which makes terrain based events and scripts more difficult. The increased frame rate is a good thing. All in all, I see no significant benefits to VX, certainly nothing worth $100.00.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
I see... Well, thanks for the evaluation. ^_^

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Okay, i know what something is turned into, but i didn't realise corn was getting changed....
Anyhoo...
So far everyone seems to agree that the jump from xp to vx is not worth it, certainly not worth the money, yeah?
But what about a jump from 2k3 to vx?  Would that be worth it?
Xp has removed a lot of features i like, like face graphics in speech and vehicles, and vx brings them back.  Would me getting vx (after never having had xp) be a decent jump, with keeping a lot of the benefits of 2k3 and gaining some of the xp benefits, such as RGSS(2)?

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Hah, VX is shit, anything it has we already did in scripts for XP.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Heh. I guess many doesn't like VX. XD

Rep:
Level 86
Falling under chaos
I agree with brady I would like to use VX but im not willing to pay a cent for its just too much a a hassle to wast money but for free I would use it its like a small small expansion for VX not big enough to really be labled upgrade more like a tune up lol

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
So the general consenus is that if you're using 2k3 and want to upgrade, just go to xp, forget about vx?  Hmm....i guess i'd still need to find out more bfore i personally make that decision.  It looks pretty damn good to me on the whole, but like i say, i'm on 2k3...

I checked those screenies and videos again...are the sprites in vx actually smaller than the ones in 2k3?!

Rep:
Level 86
I'm staying with Xp I don't like the characters in VX I've seen screenshots and they look small and chubby so I'll stay with XP for now