RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker VX?

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Also because the Stencyl site has MOAR information, not just dissapointing battle system screenshots of gay reptard dragons :V
lol
Stencyl has more genre too.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
I love it when people post in RPG Maker VX threads that they'll use Stencyl instead of RPG Maker VX. ^^

Well, okay, so it's only happening on two sites as far as I know, but it's still cool.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Admit it, VX sucks.

Hardcore.

Hardly. VX is actually looking pretty damn good, and I especially like the fact they've expanded on eventing, because that was what RPG Maker was made for IMO. The only downside is it's hefty price, and while there are ways to circumvent that, it makes Stencyl's open-source nature all the more appealing.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The best soultion is to get them BOTH, then.
^_^

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
If by scripts or by something else we can make the battle system different from the spriteless gay reptard pic then i think this will be good.

Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 86
Hrmmm i dont think rpgxp script
will work in VX... then...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
If by scripts or by something else we can make the battle system different from the spriteless gay reptard pic then i think this will be good.

How dare you sully my good name with this VX hogwash.

Rep:
Level 86
wow... not to be mean but Nightwolf you dont need to be so mean LOL

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I hope VX is good...
And can make scripts themselves...
That would be cool. ;8

Rep:
Level 86
that would be the nicest gift ever!!
MAKE YOUR OWN SCRIPT

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
More stuff from rpgrevolution.com

Quote from: SeeYouAlways
Tsukuru Blog: Who Drew the Face Graphics?
RPG Maker VX features some new beautiful graphics.

By SeeYouAlways

October 19, 2007 - RPG Maker VX features the return of face graphics, which was not implemented in RPG Maker XP, as announced and seen on some of the screenshots. Well, today's blog post talks briefly about them.

In RPG Maker VX, the face graphics are drawn by Fumio Minagwa, the owner of RGB230, which exhibits his illustrations.

It is evident that he is one talented artist, as we can see in other released screenshots. We look forward to seeing more of his excellent work at the date of RPG Maker VX's release.

Quote from: SeeYouAlways
RPG Maker VX Engine Features
Database

Objects in the game you are making such as your hero, skills (e.g. magic), items, enemies, etc. are created and managed by the database. When you first create your game, general content is already created for you so you do not have to start completely from scratch. Solely by the use of the database, an original game can be created.

Upgraded from RPG Maker XP:

Actor
You can now set face graphics to heroes. Additionally, you can add options such as dual wielding weapons as well as AI control to each character, like in RPG Maker 2000 and RPG Maker 2003.

Actor Database

Equipping Screen

Class
You can now set the command name for the class' skill.

Class Database

Skills in Battle   

Item
Icons can be selected more conveniently through the display window. Not only icons can be set for skills and items, it can now also be set for status changes as well.

Selecting Icons

Items Menu

The Map Editor

The map editor allows you to create your game's world using "tiles". RPG Maker VX features an enhanced map editor from the previous versions. Creating maps are carried out as easily as clicking on the tile that is located on the left of the editor, and placing it on the map. It is basically like drawing a picture with a graphic program (tiles are analogous to colors in this sense).

The time of making maps is reduced by the strengthened auto tile function
The number of tiles with the "auto tile" function to adjust the borderline of a different tile automatically have increased greatly. An auto tile can work not only for the coastline but also the wall and the roof, etc. in the building, and therefore the time that is needed to create maps can be saved significantly.

Moreover, shadows come automatically to a specific tile, allowing the map to look more realistic than ever!

Such buildings can be easily built only by putting the tile of the roof and the wall.

Faster work is possible by function adjustment
A tile set is divided into five sets: The A set contains the geographical features that becomes the base (land, etc) and B, C, D and E is able to be put repeatedly, without worrying about the layer.

Moreover, the settings of a tile can be immediately changed just by clicking on the tile palatte.

Features of Games Made with RPG Maker VX

A game created with RPG Maker VX is run smoothly at 60 frames per second (FPS) while running on a 544 × 416 pixel resolution and 32-bit color.

It is also possible to allow your characters to travel in a vehicle, a function that is returned from RPG Maker 2000/2003. In addition, the games are equipped with a 'dash' function in which a player can press the Shift key to make the characters walk faster.

The combat system has changed to a standard first-person view battle.

Moreover, the messages are rendered more artfully and it is possible to adopt a "UmePlus Gothic" font.

A map

It is possible to loop maps for the globe effect

Main Menu

Standard, first person battle

I'm tired. Go to the site for more information. There's a lot there.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

You can now set the command name for the class' skill.

Icons can be selected more conveniently through the display window. Not only icons can be set for skills and items, it can now also be set for status changes as well.

The number of tiles with the "auto tile" function to adjust the borderline of a different tile automatically have increased greatly. An auto tile can work not only for the coastline but also the wall and the roof, etc. in the building, and therefore the time that is needed to create maps can be saved significantly.

Moreover, shadows come automatically to a specific tile, allowing the map to look more realistic than ever!

In addition, the games are equipped with a 'dash' function in which a player can press the Shift key to make the characters walk faster.
Those parts I like ^_^

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
A game created with RPG Maker VX is run smoothly at 60 frames per second (FPS) while running on a 544 × 416 pixel resolution and 32-bit color

what the hell kind of gank-ass resolution is that

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I concur, that is totally gank-ass.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Indeed, it's the gankiest of all ass.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
D= The Sprites Scares the Hibi-Jibis off me, and the one who made the Mapping shall die. (Ermm, lol).

The only thing I care about is if it's willing to use the Scripts and be able to use the XP Scripts (Thou I doubt)

=X I would simply get both instead and test.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
The translated version is slow.... ;9

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Slow to come.
And slow to be pirated ;D
My connections said it'll take a few weeks to get them. :-\

Rep:
Level 88
I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it, it looks like a pregnant RM2K3.

If anyone does buy it, i want their key, sos i can try it  ;8
Games in progress:
Tome of Arastovia: 7% complete at 2 hours of gametime

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Wil VX work on a Windows XP? Or only for Vista? Because not everyone is loaded.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
I imagine it will work for both.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
That's good

Rep:
Level 87
Quote from: Enterbrain
Minimum System Requirements
Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 2000 / XP / Vista
PC with 1.0GHz Intel(R) Pentium(R) III equivalent or higher processor
At least 256MB of system RAM
1024x768 or better video resolution
100MB available hard disk space

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Looks nice. Seems to me like RPG maker 2000 on steroids, but meh. I would definitly give it a try if I could get a hold of it. I like the front-view battle system like in DQ/DW, actually =)