RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A problem with switches.

Rep:
Level 88
Alright I did what you need to do to stop events from repeating, but when I test play the event never happens, the switches are in place one at the end of the event itself and another on the left of the 2nd page I made. Can anybody solve this and make my event happen when I test play ive searched the forums for hours and not found anything. And the version im using is RPG Maker 2003.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Post screens please, it will help us help you more quickly.

Rep:
Level 88
I dont know how to post screens the problem is that when I use the switches to end the event the event wont happen when I test play.

Rep:
Level 96
Right, so something is either happening before or after it should in the processes. To take a screen shot, make the screen show what you want on the screen. Then, press ctrl+Print Scr. Paste into MS paint. Save.
Go to imageshack.us. Click browse. Find your image. Upload. Copy the direct link. Post a new message here, using . You have now succesfully posted a screenshot.

Rep:
Level 88
I was having trouble posting screenshots so I will post the event script................

PAGE 1

Message:Mother Mariann:Occorru darling would you go and buy some items for your trip
Message:Mother Mariann:No butts you are going with your tutor for training, we payed good money to get you a tutor you know.
Switch Operation: [0001 End Replays] ON

PAGE 2

Switch Operation: [0001 End Replays] ON

Rep:
Level 96
Can you see the event when the first page is active? Perhaps you merely need to set the event to auto start...

Rep:
Level 88
Its on auto-start I just checked so thats not the problem.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Is it that you're using the same switch for multiple events? That will not work out.

The switch must have been used by another event, so it's automatically going into the second page with the switch precondition.

If that confused you it means, that if you ON the switch in EVENT 1 to end EVENT 1, you cannot use the same switch to end EVENT 2.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
No thats not it I only have 1 event so far.

Rep:
Level 92
you checked the second page to open on the switch, and not the first page right?

Preconditions Switch {insert number} here on. ONLY on page 2, page 1 nothing.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
So no switch put on page 1? And do I only check the second switch box?

Rep:
Level 92
wait wait.

1st page
Event PRECONDITIONS
don't check switch on.

EVENT CONDITIONS
activate switch on.

1st or 2nd box dont matter.

2nd page
EVENT PRECONDITIONS
check switch on.

EVENT CONDITONS
nothing

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Wheres event precondition if your talking about XP? Because im using RPG Maker 2003

Rep:
Level 92
2k3's the main one for me

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=2968.0

If this helps you, you should search more. Keep reading, I tell how to use switches small lol.

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Alright I folowed you instructions and they worked but theres one more last problem with the event......after the event ends I cant move my character.

Rep:
Level 96
Something tells me a parallel process (or an atuo-start) event is involved...

Rep:
Level 92
Do not put auto start on the second page. :P

< Zelda Fan Club