RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Free? {Another Vista Problem}

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
The Chosen Of Darkness...
Are there any completely free downloads of RPG Maker XP without the pay of $60? That is just abit to much!

Please inform me if anyone finds a completely free download of RPG Maker XP! :D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:40:35 PM by Deliciously_Saucy »

I have tried that download. After it's downloaded, every time I try to open or extract the zipped folder it says this...

Please help!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:42:29 AM by Silvess »

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
What file did you download? I'll try it myself...

http://crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads

That's the page.I tried to get the RPG Maker XP program from there, and so did my freind, but it did the same thing to both of us.

I can only wish that I could have that program I guess...

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
when i try to download it it says the zipped file is corrupted

WOW! Something's just plain wrong with that download.I hope they can fix it...

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
or our comps... i have a bad habit of sorta blowing mine up

Nah it can't be the comp's.Three of my freinds tried it to, and it did the same thing.What has happened to RPG Maker XP!?!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Uhh, I just downloaded RPGMaker XP Postality knights and it worked fine.

But because it's happened to a few people I'll speak with the Administrator.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
yay its workin for me

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Solved? Add [RESOLVED] to topic title
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Uh download has always worked, it looks to be a problem with your coms, do you use Vista? That's all I can think of.

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007

According to the screeny it IS Vista. I don't think any RMXP works good on Vista. =/
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Yeah I didn't notice that, thanks.

Sadly we are seeing more and more problems occurring with Vista and RPGmakers, a lot of the times the problems don't seem to happen with all systems of Vista, but many people who can download the maker, have problems such as not being able to start a project.

I have been searching the net to see if anything can be done but I haven't found anything overly useful as of yet. If you do find a solution please post it up to help others and I will let you know if I find anything.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Try using something like winRAR to unzip it instead of vista's built in zip thing. Only thing I can think of =o

Thousands of people have downloaded and installed RPG maker from the downloads on the site, so it's going to be something to do with your PC. ><
bringing sexy back

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I had used the download from the homepage as well. No problems here.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Well I wish there was a way to get this program on Vista, but ah well! I unzipping it with winRAR as well, but that did not work either.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:50:39 AM by Silvess »