RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Request] Speed change while on ladders?

Rep:
Level 84
Okay so I'm using the Wall Tile Extension script (made by Moon Man) that lets me walk on the roofs of houses, right. And I'm also using the Ladder Climbing Done right (I don't know the author, the script doesn't say) that makes it so that my character will face up while on a ladder no matter which way he's facing. The way it actually works is whenever he is on a wall tile he'll face up.

So, my question is:
Is there a simple scriptlet that would decrease the character's speed only while on a ladder (or wall tile)? Oh, and maybe increase speed while doing down stairs and slow it while going up (not really needed, but would be graphically awesome).

I've tried it with events, and while it is possible, it keeps messing stuff up with movement speeds when not on the stairs/ladder/rope/etc.

Any takers?

EDIT: I just added the two scripts in .txt files in an attachment here. If they aren't already in the scripts database, somebody can add them if they want to.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 03:57:17 AM by DarkCodeZero »

Rep:
Level 69
All the ramps and ladders in my game do it, what problems are you having exactly? I put an event right before and after that change the speed.
And to walk on the roofs of houses I make transparent tiles and mark them o and also make trans. x ones for when i do or don't want to walk on something, or use event same as char if that layer is already there.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:02:14 AM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 84
I have times when exiting the stairs when my character's speed will decrease when it should increase and that type of stuff. It's just a pain.

Rep:
Level 69
I'll give you a dl of the level I have.

Rep:
Level 84
Okay, as long as it's VX. Maybe I'm just not getting something super simple...which would be strange, I'm rather good at eventing.

Rep:
Level 84
Yeah, it worked. I'm not necessarily looking for an event to climb the ladder for me, but whatever. I think I can figure it out. However, the script would still be awesome, so I'm leaving it up for takers if there will be any.

Rep:
Level 69
I think scripts are too much for most of the basic tasks, I usually only use them for combat.

Rep:
Level 84
I've got quite a collection of really useful scripts that I use in my game. Unfortunately I am having to start over because I forgot to back it up and i accidentally screwed something up.

Rep:
Level 69
When I renamed my project it removed all the tiles in the map (not events tho) and the exe. file in the folder and i redownloaded the rtp and it worked, is it the same situation with you or diff?

Rep:
Level 84
It might've been the same thing. I've restart already though, so too late now.

Rep:
Level 69
I always post when I have a project-threatening issue, there's an answer to every problem unless a virus messed with it or something.

Rep:
Level 84
Seriously doubt that. I'm on a mac. I only use windows for RMVX and Windows-only Steam games.