RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Arc of Unbalance (Rough Demo released)

Rep:
Level 88
edit: Nice! It got moved in under an hour ^-^ that made my night.

Sweet, here I go then.

Arc of Unbalance (Banner needed)

Introduction
This is my first RPG. I just started learning about the program and finnally decided to make a serious project. The part of the game thats done has been completed for a few weeks. I have been tweaking it little by little and changing some dialogue here and there.

Story
The worlds have always been in balance. They have always been aligned. The negative and positive energy of each world were sealed away into guardians created for the soul purpose of keeping this balance. If one were to break the seal the planet would lose it's balance and the energy would release, leaving the planet lifeless.

Rio has a rather simple life. He lives with his step sister in the town of Murin. It's a small town on a small planet. He is a strong fighter and can defeat even the toughest of oponenets. Litle does he know that his once simple life is about to become quite complicated. Rio's constant visions of this strange girl and a figure which resembles himself start to sprout. He has no idea what these mean, he wants to find out. Who could these people in his dreams be? Who is this Dark FIgure by his bed side every night? Why is his planet crumbling beneath his feet?

Characters

Rio (Main character) Stats could vary.
Class: Fighter/Warrior
Notes: Rio lives on the planet of Sernea with his step sister Terri. He has a passion for fighting and is one of the best out there.

Cript
Class: Theif/Mage
Notes: Cript is a myssterious guy. He's always wearing his cloak for whatever reason that is. Him and Rio are friendly rivals. They both live in their small town Murin.

Jake
Class: Theif
Notes: Jake is one of the younger folks in Murin. He isn't that great of a fighter bt he is a great friend.

Karen
Class: SwordsMaster/Warrior
Notes: Rio's childhood friend. Karen is a sensative girl. Her parents along with Rio's had went to war and never came back. They were both sent to Murin village to live with their new families.

Kurin
Class: Warrior
Notes: Kurin is a bit morn grown up than the others. He is Karen's step brother.

Screen Shots

More to come...

Playable Demo

~Intro Demo~

Version 0.5

Download from Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?byt0jthmmi2

Download from Megaupload
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4J0CK132

Special Features (Coming Soon)
I need ideas of what I should have in my game.
I am currently looking for a good battle system. Not really ATB or side view. I was thinking something like Final Fantasy. With Limit Breaks or maby not limit breaks but I at least want a bar that allows you to attack once it fills up. Like it would fill up like in 5-10 seconds. Same goes for the enemy, somethiing like DE's Battle system. Also if I am going to have more than 4 characters I want a system like FF's where you can take out who you want in the party in the options menu.

Sorry everyone if this post turns out bad. I'm new here so I might have to edit this a few times to get it right.

This isn't really a hero saves the world type of game. It's Rio's journey. To find out his true self, his true friends, and his true life. He won't even know whats going for quite awhile in the game.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 04:35:17 PM by Badalight »

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
mapping looks...well...AMAZING! great work man, I will stay updated with this.
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks man. It's my first RPG so that means a lot ^-^

I don't have much experience using this program so I hope the demo is going to turn out good.

Also while it has a few cliche's in it I am trying to stay away from as many as possible. Some are necessary, and some are covered up. Hopefully this won't hurt the game to much.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
you seem to know what you are doing, as well as what you are talking about. great game, heck I'm working on my first peoject also, so I can tell why it means alot too you two. I have had rmxp for around 2 months  now, love it!
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 88
Sweet. I've had it for around the same amount of time.

So what does it take to get a game into the Projects section?

<3
Rep:
Level 90
The screen of everyone sitting where a girl is sleeping is king weird, I mean why would someone's room have so many chairs! Unless it is play but meh!

Looks fancy, I love the romance looking screen!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 88
When I get back from school i'll touch up the demo a bit and release it.

That scene with the person in bed is a cchurch by the way.  ;)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Stares with *evil eye*

Game looks good,
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Wow, this is a great idea, and the maps are fantastic! I'll keep updated.

Rep:
Level 88
Alright then.

Now that I have everything ready give me 1-2 hours and I will upload the demo.

I'm just trying to finish one last scence which will be about the half way point for the intro to my game. It should give you a good 30 minute taste of my game. Which means in all the whole Intro should be around 1 hour long. (LONG INTRO o.o)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Sounds awesome IceTray, this was/is the only good game to ever come out of the shitty AE forums :)

The mapping is still great by the way :)

Rep:
Level 88
The rough demo is out!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4J0CK132

I REALLY hope this doesn't lag on your computers.

Most of this is about 2 months old but today I finished 2 new scenes, and 2 new maps.

And got a few new graphics.

Please leave some feedback.

Rep:
Level 91
Upload it to rapidshare or mediafire (mediafire is the best I've used)
Both have higher download rates.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Cool, I'll get the demo later, when I'm not on school computers.

Rep:
Level 88
You can now download the game from Mediafire as well as megaupload.

I'll even get a rapishare up later.

http://www.mediafire.com/?byt0jthmmi2

Accorind to Darkload media fire is better than megaupload but I like giving people options so...yeah!

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Well this just goes to show you that, no matter how good maps are, the game isint guranteed to be great, while your text was wonderful there were so many problems with evnet processing it wasent funny, I relize this is your first time and this is great great great great great for a first trust me no newb has ever done this well before, but the shear fact that i coldent play it for more than 2 minutes without getting bored is a surefire way of telling you it needs some remodiling.

All in all I relize this is just a rough demo so I wont worry about it till real demo comes out,
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 12:34:46 PM by coolkid25344 »

Rep:
Level 91
Just because you're not good with events doesn't mean your a newb, Badalight's one of the best mappers I know, he's just not good with eventing, that's all.

But the storyline does need work, and I suggest using an AMS. Consider redoing the intro as well, it seemed rushed.

Rep:
Level 88
Hey I appreciate you guys being honest.

Like I said that intro to my game was made way before anything else.

In fact I made it roughly two months ago.

Then I stopped for like a month to do some more. And I stopped for another month and just came back to it.

What parts of the intro exactly didnt you guys like though?

I'm going to redo all of the low-par parts after I finish the rest of the scene i'm working on.

Oh, and any suggestions for a good AMS?

The scene at the end with the door is the most recent by the way.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 01:01:33 PM by Badalight »

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Just because you're not good with events doesn't mean your a newb, Badalight's one of the best mappers I know, he's just not good with eventing, that's all.

But the storyline does need work, and I suggest using an AMS. Consider redoing the intro as well, it seemed rushed.

Actually and im not trying to be derogetory here he is a newb as in the definition "One who is new"

Rep:
Level 88
Ya but seriously guys.

In the next week in going to do a complete overhaul of the parts of my game made 2 months ago.

Completely redoing them.

I mean, I use my first real map in the intro.

(Yes, my first map was the one that you see about 3 different times)

Rep:
Level 91
Actually and im not trying to be derogetory here he is a newb as in the definition "One who is new"

You have some nerve to call someone who's been using RMXP over two months a newb.

Anyways:
I would suggest Ccoa's or Dubealex's AMS if you want face graphics, otherwise, check out Wachanguas (or however you spell it)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One

You have some nerve to call someone who's been using RMXP over two months a newb.

Anyways:
I would suggest Ccoa's or Dubealex's AMS if you want face graphics, otherwise, check out Wachanguas (or however you spell it)

I was using RPG Maker 2 years and people still called me a newb, and besides its in his title Badalight
Newbie Rpg Maker, anyways badalight I went back and played it again when I had more time for some reason its alot better with a second runthrough,

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks, did you complete the whole thing?

If you did how'd you like the battle scene?

And about all this newb buisness.

In a sence I still am a newb.

I am very bad at eventing and making up dialouge.

After I get home on Monday I am going to redo the worst scenes.

If anyone would like to tell me which they are, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
When the next demo coming out, im getting impatient lol that how good it is!

On a diffrent note, look at the user names no more Newbie RPG Maker its Badalight
Learning RPG Maker I wonder if are little quarll had anything to do with it...lol

Keep up the good work badalight

Rep:
Level 88
Thanks!  :)

New Demo wont be out until after Christmas.

I know that for a fact.

I have some files I need on my dads comp aswell and I will need those to continue my game.

Ya, since it's christmas season and all i'm going to be going on vacations
(Florida, Colorado, Witchita Kansas)

So won't have much time to work on it.