RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What kinds of books do you read?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
I was just wondering what you guys like reading.  Myself, I'm a bookworm... I never go anywhere without a novel...  Just wondering if any of you might be the same.

Eh, so, here's my list:

Favorite books of all time:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Nuklear Age by Brian Clevinger
The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury
Legend of Drizzt (series) by R. A. Salvatore
i, Robot by Isaac Asimov
Beauty by Robin McKinley
Timeline by Michael Crichton
Tithe by Holly Black

There's another book I'd like to put on this list, but I do not know the author's name.  It is titled "Pork" and is a collection of short stories about these kooky animals who live in a forest. :P  It has somewhat of a fairytale-esque feel.

Books I am currently reading:
Legend of Drizzt: Book 3 by R. A. Salvatore
Wheel of Time: Book 4 by Robert Jordan
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
King of Bandit Jing: Twilight Tales by Yuichi Kumakura
Oh My Goddess! by Kosuke Fujishima

Books that I would like to read in the future:
The rest of the books in the Legend of Drizzt series, including the graphic novels
Atomik Age by Brian Clevinger
The rest of the books in the Wheel of Time series
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (I'm a classic literature junkie :P)
Lodoss Tou Senki by Ryo Mizuno (although finding an English translation will be impossible)
The rest of the books in King of Bandit Jing: Twilight Tales
The rest of the books in Oh My Goddess!

Graphic Novels:
Oh My Goddess! (series) (Aa, Megamisama!) by Kosuke Fujishima
Record of Lodoss War (series) (Lodoss tou Senki) by Ryo Mizuno (and various artists)
King of Bandit Jing (series) (Ou Dorobou Jin) by Yuichi Kumakura
Johnny the Homicidal Maniac by Jhonen Vasquez
SQUEE! by Jhonen Vasquez
I Feel Sick by Jhonen Vasquez
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:08:16 PM by Yossy »

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
I can't read multiple books at the same time ;_;

I've nearly finished "The Redemption Of Althalus"; a fantasy-fiction by David & Leigh Eddings :3
bringing sexy back

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I like horrer, detective and GOOD fiction books

Right now im reading-

The Adventures of Feluda-
Golden Fortress
Mystery and GOLOK Lounge
THe Buccaneer of Bombay
Trouble in the Graveyard.

by Satyajit Ray

Then The adventures of Shonku(both) i recently finished.
Satyajit Ray

IM planning to issue the William Shaskaspere story books after i give feluda.

I like all "Good" books

i have a feeling this should be in GC or community ..
HMMM
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I only read books one at a time, like Silverline. Mostly because what I read is Stephen King, and it'd be too hard to keep up with 2 or more of his books going at once. One is enough.

@Yossy: I've read the first 2 Wheel of Time books, they were pretty good.  :)

Stephen King books I have (Favorites In Bold):
Carrie
Eye Of The Dragon
It
Cell
The Shining
Four Past Midnight
The Tommyknockers
Night Shift
The Stand
Skeleton Crew
Nightmares And Dreamscapes
Salem's Lot
Firestarter
Christine
The Dead Zone
The Dark Tower (1-7)
Cujo
The Green Mile
Misery
Different Seasons
:tinysmile:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Favorite book EVAR~
The Necronomicon.... It's a drunkards best friend.... I miss booze :'(

Current Book(s)-
I could count my college text books, but naw.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I just finished book 2 of the Legend of Drizzt, hehe.  I'll update my initial post.

I also just noticed I didn't list any Michael Crichton books in my favorites... will have to fix that, too. ;D

I can't stand reading only one thing at a time...  What if you get bored with it?  What will you have to turn to?

Keep posting books... I like knowing what you guys read.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 10:07:54 PM by Yossy »

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Am I the only one who's read the Necronomicon?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I've seen the 3 Evil Dead movies, is that close enough?

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
No because they explain The Necronomicon messed up. I should start quoting it so people will read it. Seriously, it's a damn good book.

Rep:
Level 97
You should raid the Spam forum with quotes of it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
hmmmmm maybe. I'll ask the Spam Donkey. :donkey:

The donkey says......
"The Race of Yuggoth who came to our world in the distant begining of time before the making of man, and who fought The Elder Ones and drove them deep into the south where lies the frozen land of perpetual ice, give greatest honor apart from their moon to Yog-Sothoth, whose exsistance is in unedning harmony with all dimension and all continuance; but the creatures of Yuggoth call hiim in their own tounge of flashing colored lights Him Who Lies Beyond, or the transcendant lord."

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
hmmmmm maybe. I'll ask the Spam Donkey. :donkey:

The donkey says......
"The Race of Yuggoth who came to our world in the distant begining of time before the making of man, and who fought The Elder Ones and drove them deep into the south where lies the frozen land of perpetual ice, give greatest honor apart from their moon to Yog-Sothoth, whose exsistance is in unedning harmony with all dimension and all continuance; but the creatures of Yuggoth call hiim in their own tounge of flashing colored lights Him Who Lies Beyond, or the transcendant lord."

Booooooring.

I don't like to talk about what books I am reading. It just seems... weird.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
 :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey: :donkey:

The Necronomicon gets five out of five donkeys. Now is it boring?

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
While that donkey does look terribly excited, and I do love Eddie Murphy, I'm not so sure I could get into it.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
While that donkey does look terribly excited, and I do love Eddie Murphy, I'm not so sure I could get into it.

If we had a quote of the month, this would be it.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
Michael Crichton is the best author evers.  Anything by him, I read.  I read some Stephen King too, and other science fiction authors.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I dont read...

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Gah, I spelled Michael Crichton's name wrong...  I do that a lot.  ._.