RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rune Factory Frontier!

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Rune Factory is coming to Wii!!

Official Site: http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/game/wii/runefactory/
(Not a whole lot there quite yet)

Info from Ushi no Tane forum thread:

Scans:
Weekly Famitsu - June 13, 2008 [ Page 1 ] [ Page 2 ]

Storyline:
The only bit of information released so far is Ragna has come to the land of Tranrupia in search of a missing girl.

Options:
The game will allow you to switch between the standard 4:3 television resolution or widescreen 16:9.

Runnies:
A Runnie is a little nature spirit. You can receive a "blessing" if you have them appear from the earth. The Runnies "prey" upon weaker Runnies and can grow stronger.

Tree Runnies preys on Grass Runnies
Grass Runnies preys on Stone Runnies
Stone Runnie preys on Water Runnies
Water Runnies preys on Tree Runnies

Strong Runnies can make your farming tasks easier, such as speeding up the growth rate of your crop. They also are hidden in various places around the village for you to locate.

Runnies are kind of like Harvest Sprites

Marriage:
Yes, marriage is available. As you grow your land and develop the town, new candidates will appear for you to marry.

Bachelorettes:

Drop:
She comes to the land with her grandfather and little sister. Drop doesn't show a lot of emotion.

Annette:
The town's mail-lady, who carries a large bag of mail and gets bothered by monsters as she makes her deliveries.

Mist:
The strange girl from the previous version of Rune Factory.

Screenshots: (click for larger image)

I personally think that this is very exciting!
Those screenshots are GORGEOUS!
(I have the first one set as my desktop wallpaper right now, hahaha.)
On Page 2 of the Famitsu Scan are illustrations of the Runnies,
which look totally adorable and are an interesting addition to the game.

There's only one "beef" I have with Ushi no Tane's coverage,
and that is the translation of the name "runnie."
In the Japanese writing on the Famitsu scan, it is spelled "ruunii,"
so an English translation, I would guess, could be "runie" or "runy."
UnoT's spelling of "runnie" implies that it sounds like "runny,"
which, I am fairly certain, should not be the case.

Ranch Story is another great source of Harvest Moon information,
and its Rune Factory Frontier page is right here.
It has some additional screenshots, which I will share here:

A few of the eligible girls are seen here,
and the last two screenshots show two different Runnies!
They kind of remind me of the fairies you had to rescue in Zelda: Majora's Mask,
but that's probably just because they're small and cute and glowing.
 ;8

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Getting a huge Legend of Mana vibe from the style of this game, and I like it.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
All three of those girls are hot.... for video game girls... *is not an otaku ;_; *... *okay, is an otaku*

This game looks fun. Is there anything it comes on besides Wii? I don't want to cough up $50 (or however much it is) plus the money for the game just to play one game :(. The last time I bought a system it broke in a week lol.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
$50.00 is actually quite reasonable for a console, IMO :P It's about $250.00 in Canada.

I think it's only for Wii so far. Which is fine with me, as a wii is all I have :P I think this game looks great.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I didn't like Rune Factory for DS at all for some reason, but this version looks impressive.

I'm definitely going to give it a try when it is released.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
$50.00 is actually quite reasonable for a console, IMO :P It's about $250.00 in Canada.

I think it's only for Wii so far. Which is fine with me, as a wii is all I have :P I think this game looks great.

I agree that it's very reasonable, but if I'm only going to buy it to play one game, then it's a bit much. But if I'm going to play multiple games, that's something else.

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

I agree that it's very reasonable, but if I'm only going to buy it to play one game, then it's a bit much. But if I'm going to play multiple games, that's something else.

Click the unholy link in my signature, it may change your mind. :tpg:

Also, I wonder if they are going to put a lot more effort into the adventure side this time? In the DS version the adventuring felt a bit shallow.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Where the hell did you find a Wii for 50$?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
They were like 50 - 100 when they first came out (if I'm remembering correctly).

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
NOOOOOO

THE GRAPHICS ARE TOO PRETTY

NOW I WANT A WII ;____;

*faints*

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
They were like 50 - 100 when they first came out (if I'm remembering correctly).
You aren't.  250.

Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Then I'd be way off then lol. Thank you for the correction.

Also, I'm assuming this is played using the game cube controller. (or controller wiimote attachment or however it works)

Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It's probably compatible, but likely you can just turn the wii remote and use it like that.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
This one is a huge improvement from the DS version.

Getting a huge Legend of Mana vibe from the style of this game, and I like it.
That's what I thought also, the theme is certainly very nature-ish.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I wish I can make a game like that. ;8

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I love Harvest Moon and I cant wait to try this out

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
provided the combat doesnt interfere with the crop growing(eg. your planting seeds and get whacked by a troll because you wern't paying atention[from the screenshots this doesnt seem to be the case.) this looks good.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I doubt monsters could affect your farm, since in the two DS titles they can't leave their respective dungeons.  But it would be kind of cool if some event were to happen where you had to defend your farm from wild monsters!!  Maybe the runies could help you, too, if you've made them powerful enough.

As for the control scheme, IGN and other places of that nature have good coverage of that.  You have the option of using stationary controls (which sounds like it makes use of both the remote and nun-chuck) or you can use motion-based controls.  With the latter option, you do stuff like tilt the remote forward to pour your watering can, or swing it downward to till the soil with a hoe.

And yes, with this much larger and emersive world, I also expect that adventuring will be greatly expanded upon as well.  Check out the fourth screenshot in the first post, the one where Raguna is about to badly harm an innocent squirrel-bunny.  There are stairs in the background that lead to a large circular platform, and just beyond that is... another circular platform, with no bridge in between.

HAS RUNE FACTORY INCORPORATED PLATFORMING INTO ITS DUNGEON MECHANIC??

IS YOSSY OVERANALYZING THESE SCREENSHOTS??

ONLY TIME SHALL TELL.  TIME AND MORE SCREENSHOTS.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 03:40:54 AM by Yossy »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
I doubt monsters could affect your farm, since in the two DS titles they can't leave their respective dungeons.  But it would be kind of cool if some event were to happen where you had to defend your farm from wild monsters!!  Maybe the runies could help you, too, if you've made them powerful enough.

As for the control scheme, IGN and other places of that nature have good coverage of that.  You have the option of using stationary controls (which sounds like it makes use of both the remote and nun-chuck) or you can use motion-based controls.  With the latter option, you do stuff like tilt the remote forward to pour your watering can, or swing it downward to till the soil with a hoe.

And yes, with this much larger and emersive world, I also expect that adventuring will be greatly expanded upon as well.  Check out the fourth screenshot in the first post, the one where Raguna is about to badly harm an innocent squirrel-bunny.  There are stairs in the background that lead to a large circular platform, and just beyond that is... another circular platform, with no bridge in between.

HAS RUNE FACTORY INCORPORATED PLATFORMING INTO ITS DUNGEON MECHANIC??

IS YOSSY OVERANALYZING THESE SCREENSHOTS??

ONLY TIME SHALL TELL.  TIME AND MORE SCREENSHOTS.
Excellent reviewing skills.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
And yes, with this much larger and emersive world, I also expect that adventuring will be greatly expanded upon as well.

That line there just made my day.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
It's what I'm here for.

I don't mean "here" as in RMRK.  I mean as in this dimension.  My purpose here is to spread the word of what an immensely spectacularly awesomely incredibly amazing game Rune Factory is and everyone should go play/buy it RIGHT NOW.

Rune Factory 2, on the DS, has been available in Japan since January, but it doesn't even have a release date set here.  If it turns out never to have a US release, that could mean that we might not see the Wii title, either. D8

NO THIS CANNOT BE.