RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Universe (Blog: http://arwym.com/rmrku)

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I need a moderator to remove the poll for me, please.  I can't do it myself.

xD

next time PM me if you want.  ;D
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I haven't had much time or motivation these last two weeks.  Sorry.  A lot of real life issues.  I've been tired, stressed, sick, etc.  But I hope to get back to it by the weekend.  Again, I am sorry.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Just don't lose hope!
"Sorry" isn't necessary...
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Just don't lose hope!

Never lose hope...this is a great idea.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Just don't lose hope!

Never lose hope...this is a great idea.
Errr....so?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Amusing idea! =3

What can I do for help?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, Jappy!  Well, I know you like to write, so maybe you can help me with quests and NPC dialogs when the time for that comes.  :)

Announcement:  I am currently working on an entry that 1-week game contest.  Once I am done with that (in a week?) I will resume development of RMRKU.  :D

Thanks for your patience!

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Thanks, Jappy!  Well, I know you like to write, so maybe you can help me with quests and NPC dialogs when the time for that comes.  :)

Sure! ^_^ Just PM me when you need me, Arwym-san~ =3

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would also be glad to write for quests. PM me whenever needed. ;D
If you don't finish this...
I'll be angry. Because this sounds likes fun.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thanks, guys!  Sorry for the absence, again...  This hasn't been my best moment, and I need a break.   But I'll come back soon, I promise...

Just to answer some questions...

<Irockman1> Arwym, are you still working on RMRKU?
<Arwym> Slowly, but I am.  The main problem here is finding the best engine for the game.
<Arwym> I need an engine before I can come and say "we are going to do this and this".
<Arwym> That is why.
<Irockman1> What are the choices?
<Arwym> Few, unless I have my VB6 back and can keep learning...
<Irockman1> :x
<Irockman1> Do you have a server for it?
<Arwym> But the computer that had the files died three weeks ago.
<Arwym> The server was going to be my localhost.
<Irockman1> Ah
<Arwym> As I've tested and works.  A little risky, but it's free.
<Arwym> And not as slow as I thought it would be.  But I haven't tested with more than two people online, so I could be wrong.
<Irockman1> Ah
<Arwym> I'm going to try some engines again.
<Irockman1> Well, you should select an engine soon
<Arwym> Yes, I am impatient about starting this, seriously.
<Irockman1> I want to do some mapping :3
<Arwym> But I have an idea.
<Arwym> I am opening a blog to keep you all informed.
<Arwym> Of every step and detail.
<Arwym> I did that with another project.  But recently, the script kind of died and I can't access the data.  XD I hope it doesn't happe this time.  Unlikely, but yea.
<Arwym> happen*
<Irockman1> Should make backups :o
<Arwym> Yeah, I do.  But not as often as I should.
*** Irockman1 is now known as Irock|SSBM
<Irock|SSBM> Be back
<Arwym> I've gottem rid of a few projects recently.  They were not going anywhere.
<Arwym> So I have more time for projects like RMRKU.
<Arwym> Well, okay.

LOL, I hope you don't mind, Irock.  ^_^;

See you soon, everyone!

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
So where is the blog

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
<Arwym> I am opening a blog to keep you all informed.

I am telling everyone as soon as it's ready!  ^_^  I'll see if I can do it between today and tomorrow.

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Okay, guys. :)

It seems like we'll be having XtremeWorlds as engine for the moment.  It appears to be the most stable.  Almost bugless.  Has many features and decent scripting support.  Unfortunately, some of the advanced features you requested won't be available for the moment.  Like, no paperdoll (you'll have a sprite, but it won't change appearance).  But all the common features, like NPC's, quests, shops, bank, monsters, PvP, blah blah blah, will be there.  Even some cool stuff like books.  And you'll have the chance to change your sprite anytime you want.  I still don't know how.  Probably with items and sprite shops.  There will be events, contests, houses, guilds, and many places to explore.

Oh well, that paragraph is a little confusing.  But you get the point.  The game will be possible.  Now I need to get things organized.  I need to forge a plan, a design document, among other things.

The blog is coming, probably tonight.  It'll look plain, but the idea is to provide information, right?  So yeah.

Let's see if I can do this before I fall asleep.

Bye bye, see you soon!

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Sorry for taking your userbar out, after you disapeared, I thought this project died. ;9

I'll put it back in. I'll help anyway possible.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, and I am the one who is sorry.  I disappear just like that sometimes.  I should communicate some more.

Well, but know that I really want to do this.  :)

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yay, welcome back Arwym
glad this is back on track, just tell me what you could use help with and I'll see what I can do

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
I had assumed this was dead as well. Glad it's back. I've heard of Xtremeworlds before. I've never used it though. Is it open source or just customizable through scripts? Also, what programming language was it made in?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Unfortunately, XW is closed-source.  Usually, the open source projects based on Mirage Source are very, very buggy, and die very quickly.  I prefer a bug-free engine.  Even though it's less customizable, the developer has been working hard and fast with it.  Right now, XW appears to be the most stable among all the current engines from this family.  That is why I chose it.  :)

Answering your questions about scripting and programming, these engines are made in Visual Basic 6, but for the in-game scripting, Sadscript (or VBscript) is used.  Usually, every engine has its own subs and constants.  So the scripting support varies from engine to engine.  One problem with XW is that the scripting capabilities are STILL not that great.  But Bradyok (the programmer) is adding more with every version.
He promised to add paperdoll as an optional feature, by the way.  But this has not been seen yet.  I am beginning to doubt about it.

OH!  And I forgot to add that, I talked to Roph, and we can have an RMRK Universe board in the near future!  It'll make community support and feedback much easier!  But I won't ask for it yet.  I want to finish the overall design and structure of the game before it happens.  Meanwhile, you can visit the blog.
And soon, as the team grows and begins working online (as in, connected to the game :P), I'll let other developers post at that blog, too.  I will want a leader in every department.  Mapping, Quests, etc.  :)
What do you think?  :D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 02:31:42 AM by Arwym »

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
It sounds great. I was originally thinking about being a mapper but I seem to be having less and less time lately as the school year progresses. Once you get the game started, I could design some quests. I do quite well at that when I'm bored (mainly during study hall at school). Anyway, looking foreward to it. ^_^

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I'd love to do a little bit of mapping and quest-making. :o

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
There's always something to do, like I said once, so don't worry!  You all have a chance to help.  I'd love it if RMRK Universe was actually a UNIVERSE.  So much to do, that you could never get bored.  The best part is that we are free of a storyline.  I will add some background to make things more familiar, but this universe would be pretty much random.  :)

The possibilities are endless, heheh!

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Dev Blog!  Here it is!

http://arwym.com/rmrku/

I'll play it with tomorrow.  I want sleep now!

Good night!

Cursed by Ghost Dog for eternity
Rep:
Level 86
w/e
This sounds like a great idea and I will be happy to help anyway I can.

There seems to be alot of talk about paperdoll support which unfortunately XW doesnt have. However, another program that is apparently almost exactly the same as XW has paperdoll support, its called Eclipse (http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/index.php). I have never used it before but it seems worth checking out.
The Newbie
I'll be gone again in time.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Thank you, Havick.  I have tried Eclipse, but XW is more stable.  Also, there's something I want to say.  I was editing the settings file for the XW server, and found a new option that wasn't there in previous versions.  :D

paperdoll = 0

0 as in false.  So I turned it to 1.  I don't know if the feature's there yet, but I am almost sure now that Bradyok plans to add it.  Also, I am not so interested in paperdoll for this project anymore.  Seems cooler if members can make their own sprites entirely, and look like penguins, dragons, etc. if they feel like it.  At least for the moment.  :)

If Eclipse were less buggy, I'd go for it.  But nah, I think I'll stick to XW for now.  :)