RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK Universe (Blog: http://arwym.com/rmrku)

Irock touched your custom title
Rep:
Level 89
xD

Just wondering but what did you try to do when the error came up?

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I detest runtime errors.  >.<

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
xD

Just wondering but what did you try to do when the error came up?
Forward~

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Tomorrow ends the voting for graphics, and a new poll shall be added.  Depends on what I decide then.

But it seems to me like XP graphics is definitely the preferred choice.

Rep:
Level 89
Ok. I see what the problem was. That won't happen if we incorporate it into the game as the game doesn't need a forward/back button.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a development forum for RMRKU
so that certain things like quests and items (Etc...) can be discussed
without the entire communitty knowing unless we want them to know
(only visible to those on the dev. team of course)

anyone else agree?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
It's a good idea but for now we don't need it. Once the game is up and running and the staff have specific projects to work on, then a seperate forum would be needed. ^_^

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I want the game to be open to the RMRK community, so I'd prefer wiki rather than forum threads.  A forum would be good for when we advance some more in the project's development and we need special discussions.  I will eventually need a team for mapping; a team for writing quests, stories and dialogs; one for writing items and other descriptions; and a team for monster design/ideas.

But it is very important that the community contributes.  The game is about RMRK, after all.  Who knows better than the members themselves?

By the way!

(10:59:56 PM) Arwym: Testing Engine
(11:01:13 PM) ***Lomi-Homework is sick of homework
(11:01:17 PM) Lomi-Homework is now known as Lominisio
(11:04:36 PM) Arwym: Guys
(11:04:53 PM) Arwym: This engine I am using can run flash movies inside the game.
(11:05:16 PM) Arwym: Allows flash movies hosted in a remote server, aka a web address.
(11:05:33 PM) Arwym: That gives me an idea for Holkeye's idea.
(11:06:03 PM) Lominisio: oh?
(11:06:08 PM) Arwym: (I meant, the engine I am testing.  It is not XtremeWorlds)
(11:06:15 PM) Arwym: What?
(11:06:32 PM) Lominisio: Nothing, comtinue
(11:07:28 PM) Arwym: That's it.  That flash CAN be the medium used to browse files. from inside the game.
(11:07:29 PM) Lominisio: I thought you were talking about xtreme worlds
(11:07:36 PM) secret7: reality tv shows are the worst thing ever
(11:08:09 PM) Lominisio: Do you know how to program flash?
(11:08:19 PM) Arwym: With some good knowledge of flash and actionscript, we an do it.
(11:08:23 PM) Arwym: I know basics.
(11:08:33 PM) Arwym: I have worked with flash
(11:08:51 PM) Lominisio: Mmk. I've only working with VBASIC so I don't know any flash. =P
(11:09:16 PM) Arwym: The only con about this idea is the loading time of the flash movie.
(11:09:32 PM) Holkeye [Holkeye@Acidchat-1FC5721.hsd1.pa.comcast.net] entered the room.
(11:09:33 PM) mode (+v Holkeye) by Malfasa
(11:09:37 PM) Holkeye: :o
(11:09:38 PM) Arwym: However, if this can't work, the engine I am testing is open-source.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I want the game to be open to the RMRK community, so I'd prefer wiki rather than forum threads.  A forum would be good for when we advance some more in the project's development and we need special discussions.  I will eventually need a team for mapping; a team for writing quests, stories and dialogs; one for writing items and other descriptions; and a team for monster design/ideas.

But it is very important that the community contributes.  The game is about RMRK, after all.  Who knows better than the members themselves?

I know what you mean, but we can't discuss quests and item locations and such with the whole website y'know?

as for the flash thing, that's cool, and I know flash pretty decently [hint hint wink wink, nudge nudge]

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
I would be willing to help with any and all writing. I would prefer help though

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

I know what you mean, but we can't discuss quests and item locations and such with the whole website y'know?

as for the flash thing, that's cool, and I know flash pretty decently [hint hint wink wink, nudge nudge]

I will see what we can do about that, then.  You made a good point.

And yay!  Then the possibilities lie with this engine called ECLIPSE, it seems.  I will play with it some more before taking a decision, though.

Rep:
Level 89
I'm quite sure Eclipse uses VBASIC (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm learning pretty quickly how to program in it. ^_^

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Just an advice, don't use DarkBasic :lol:
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm quite sure Eclipse uses VBASIC (correct me if I'm wrong). I'm learning pretty quickly how to program in it. ^_^

I have a decent background in visual basic, as well as a text book for it that I kinda made off with from my old highschool :P

so I guess I could help if needed

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

The entire family of Mirage Source -based engines use Visual Basic 6.  I have some knowledge as well, and a little practice.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Closing polls now.  RMXP graphics won by a lot of votes!

And now, AgentStarlightCalamity, I just wanted to inform you that your request for a cherry blossom tree area will be a reality.  :D

http://www.createammorpg.com/modules/myalbum/viewcat.php?cid=7&num=10&orderby=titleA&pos=10

... As for anyone who wishes to have a Japanese-style town.  I am thinking that we should have one, for those in love with that culture.  :)

Well, I'll be back later to update with a new poll and inform about the engine I am starting to consider over XtremeWorlds.  :)

See you!

EDIT:  I cannot remove it myself.  I need a moderator to do it.  Anyone, please, thank you.  :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:19:09 PM by Arwym »

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Wow this looks great ^_^ and i had a few ideas myself,

• A section where enemy's are overused 'memes' so to speak, such as the epic smiley, manly crying etc

• A dungen bosses being members who...wont be missed such as fadark and naphe
  • Mage branch classes, that leads to MOD - Super mod - Admin with spell that have the same kind of feel like a ban attack, or dealte post attack

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.

• A section where enemy's are overused 'memes' so to speak, such as the epic smiley, manly crying etc

• Mage branch classes, that leads to MOD - Super mod - Admin with spell that have the same kind of feel like a ban attack, or dealte post attack

Exactly what I had in mind.  XD  Yup, I would love to see those too!  Thanks for mentioning them.  :D

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Glad i could be of some help  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

already suggested that :tpg:
like the first one a lot :D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
This is an ultra cool idea!

I don't know how far you are into this, but I could help and stuff.
A mountainny water esque city would be swell, you know, like that pictures you see in chinese restaurants? Like that sorta!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:43:48 PM by SirJackRex »

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
that would be cool

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Japanese Town : YES!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I need a moderator to remove the poll for me, please.  I can't do it myself.

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
How's this going?