RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Bands you want to/ have seen

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The emo conversation was old 5 years ago.

+1

Seen:

Grand Funk Railroad
A bunch of local (upstate new york) bands....
I went to go see the Darkness, but they canceled the show about a half an hour before they were supposed to start.  >:(
Peter Frampton
I can't remember anymore, but I know I've seen more.

Want to See:

The Flaming Lips
INXS
The Electric Six
David Bowie

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I desperately need to see Ubiquitous Synergy Seeker live. They have a SMOOTHIE gimmick. Ash makes a SMOOTHIE onstage.

GOD those people are cool XD

Rep:
Level 85
I'm afflicted, you're addicted~
Seen:

Rise Against
Silverstein
Comeback Kid
Holy Roman Empire
Sum 41
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Cancer Bats

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem
Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Protest The Hero
Nonpoint
Thrice
A Wilhelm Scream
Today is what happened to yesterday.
"God bless catastrophe.."

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
You like the same style of music as I do.

Rise Against - One of the best bands ever. I've seen them multiple times, and they never disappoint.
Silverstein - Not really a fan. Their screamer sounds exactly the same all the time.
Comeback Kid - Don't listen to them.
Holy Roman Empire - Haven't heard them.
Sum 41 - Haven't heard of them for at least 3 years, and I was never really a fan.
Anti-Flag - Anti-Flag was awesome back when Andy was in the band. Die For The Government was an awesome cd, but the rest of their stuff isn't very good. Andy is an awesome dude. He recorded our first cd at his old studio, "+/- Studios". Justin is kind of a dick.
Bad Religion - Classic. I saw them once or twice. Anasthesia and Walk Away are my favorite songs.
Cancer Bats - Never heard of them.

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio - I only really like a few songs, and have never seen them, but they're coming with Rise Against and Thrice, so I'll probably see them soon. I like their "Maybe I'll Catch Fire" album.
The Gaslight Anthem - I tried to get into these guys, but I just don't like them. Their singer gets on my nerves a bit.
Nine Inch Nails - Not really my style, but I used to like them a little. To be honest, they started sucking when Reznor got clean.
Foo Fighters - I like them, and Grohl is really a true musician. Unfortunately, I was friends with someone who was totally obsessed with them, and kind of ruined them for me.
Protest The Hero - One of the best bands I've ever heard. They kind of suck live though.
Nonpoint - Not really into them.
Thrice - I saw Thrice multiple times, back when they were good. Not to say that I don't like some of their new stuff, but it is not Thrice, and I don't care what anyone else says. They were my favorite band for a long time after their first two albums, but I became a little bitter when Vhiessu came out. I'm still upset about this band.
A Wilhelm Scream - Another of my favorite bands. I've seen them quite a few times, and my old band played a few shows with them too. Their lineup changes so much, but Nuno is one of the coolest dudes I've ever met.

Rep:
Level 85
I'm afflicted, you're addicted~
Haha, I love punk/punk rock music. Rise Against is my favourite band <3.

Holy Roman Empire was on the Canadian tour with RA in summer '07. That's where I saw them, they weren't bad, howver, I didn't like them to much.

Also, you're the one who got me into A Wilhelm Scream. You probably don't remember this, but back in IRC (my IRC alias is Firerain) we were discussing our favourite bands. You said "Hey firerain, if you like RA you'll probably like these guys." Turns out I did :D

I really hope RA comes to the Winnipeg area on their summer tour, all my favourite bands in one lineup, fuck yes.

Thanks, Holk.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:16:12 AM by dismal. »
Today is what happened to yesterday.
"God bless catastrophe.."

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Seen:

Rise Against
Silverstein
Comeback Kid
Holy Roman Empire
Sum 41
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Cancer Bats

Want to see:

Alkaline Trio
The Gaslight Anthem
Nine Inch Nails
Foo Fighters
Protest The Hero
Nonpoint
Thrice
A Wilhelm Scream

By any chance, do you listen to 102.1 the edge?  ;8

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
They dont have that in Canada, also Kitkatkan, any chance you live around Dallas ?_?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Nine Inch Nails is an alright live band, as long as they are playing something loud, it is better if you are in a smaller venue.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
They dont have that in Canada, also Kitkatkan, any chance you live around Dallas ?_?
Counter point: 102.1 the edge is toronto based, and i live in the durham region below toronto.

edit: proof: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=102.1&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

And if that wasn't what you were talking about, then i'm confused o.O
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 03:19:20 PM by kitkatkan »

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Counter point: 102.1 the edge is toronto based, and i live in the durham region below toronto.

The Edge and The X are sister stations. We have The X in Pittsburgh. I don't listen to the radio that often, because I don't like corporate cookie cutter music, but on Sundays they have a program called "Edge of the X", where they play underground and local music. It's pretty sweet sometimes.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll

Edgefest moved to Dallas, and the Dallas station pops up twice before the Canada one in google

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
Counter COUNTER point:

102.1 the edge dallas: http://www.kdge.com/main.html

102.1 the edge toronto http://www.edge.ca/

I listen to it regularly, and the toronto site syncs up with the one i listen to. i checked the dallas site, and the shows and djs are different.

so um, there. I lost track of what i was trying to prove o.O.

Actually the toronto one has edgefest too.  I wish i went this year :(

Rep:
Level 94
Corporate radio sucks. Think for yourselves, people.

Rep:
Level 97
I don't listen to it, its just "WHATS POPULAR DAWG"

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

I think for myself and listen to corporate music.

Rep:
Level 94

You have horrible taste.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

You have horrible taste.

But I don't dislike anything, so if my taste is horrible then you must hate music in general.

Rep:
Level 94

You have horrible taste.

But I don't dislike anything, so if my taste is horrible then you must hate music in general.

I'm not going to perpetuate an off topic argument.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>

You have horrible taste.

I'm not going to perpetuate an off topic argument.

Your comment was off-topic to begin with.

Rep:
Level 94
Wait... Malson? You idiot. You don't listen to corporate music. I know what you listen to.

Rep:
Level 97
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE IT

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Wait... Malson? You idiot. You don't listen to corporate music. I know what you listen to.

I sure do listen to corporate music! I just listen to everything else as well =P

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
My favourite station in my city sold out and doesn't play anymore local bands. Really made me sad  because it was the best station in this area.  ;9

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

I remember that station...kinda sucked, basically played the same 50 songs all day.
They had a history thing where they picked and band and played like one of their albums and had a bunch of history on them, that was cool....