RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Black woman calls Resident Evil 5 "Racist" (Like we didn't see this coming!)

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.blacklooks.org/2007/07/resident_evil_5.html

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa killing Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity. “I have a job to do and I’m gonna see it through.”

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the killing of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.

This writer must be a complete idiot.

1. Resident Evil isn't marketed towards children. The games are rated M for Mature and are marketed towards a mature audience.

2. Resident Evil in the past has always had white zombies in American cities. Starting with Resident Evil 4 they tried to change the setting to other countries in order to keep the game fresh. The game took place in Europe and had a bunch of spanish speaking enemies. This game takes place in Africa so it has a bunch of black people. It wouldn't make much sense having all white people in a African setting.

3. No one is going to buy this game for the sole purpose of training on killing black people. People buy games to have fun. If an adult used this game to train on killing black people they obviously have a mental issue.

There is so much wrong with this blog entry. They didn't bother to do any research and are trying to make a racist scene out of it. The writer seems more racist than anything.

I like how it's racist as soon as it's in Africa. Despite the fact it's been in other geographical places, and we've killed countless white people in the game.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
People are retarded.

I'd contribute more than that, but that sums it up about as well as possible.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
And some black people wonder why racism is on the rise, although I am black myself, I saw this coming from a MILE away. It is because people are pointing out little things that can be seen by narrow minded people as flaws or an insult that racism is increasing, pointing out that just makes the matter worse, or makes a problem that didn't even exist.

Seeing this blog, I now know me and my friend (Remember I am black) will start shouting "shot that friendly black fellow down", since it has been put into our heads.

~Tezuka

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
We didnt see the Russians or Spaniards getting all pissy.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
People are so stupid they'll try to find ANYTHING to use against something.  That's why so many companies have to adopt a "C.M.A" approach ("cover my ass").  In today's world people are suing or taking others to court left and right for the most STUPID reasons, just because they CAN.  It's either money or pride, and both are stupid reasons but they get away with it. 

Like that stupid lady who ordered COFFEE from McDonald's and sued the chain because the coffee was HOT and spilled on her lap in the car.  She's so stupid she was holding it IN HER LAP, WHILE DRIVING?!?  F***in retard.  Of course it's gonna spill; of course it's hot.

Same applies here with this game.  I personally don't approve of this game, but I'd sooner call it off for violence than racism.  People are getting miffed just because the zombies are dark in color and are in Africa.  For all these people know (the ones who don't play the game, me for instance) the zombies could've been white people that got possessed and mutated!  They're going by appearance, which is one of THE LEAST reliable bases for judgement.  If, in the game, it IS black zombies, IT'S A FREAKIN' GAME!!!

And true, these people aren't looking at the fact that the previous games are filled with white people.  (I only know so much of the game cuz my friend played it once in a while when I visited him for little "game sessions", usually Battlefront or something...plus all the spam emails I get in my junk email account)

Stupid people of today's world...too quick to jump to conclusions.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
We didnt see the Russians or Spaniards getting all pissy.

People are retarded.

I'd contribute more than that, but that sums it up about as well as possible.

We don't hear African people getting mad?

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
First off:

Quote from: iceflame1091
People are so stupid they'll try to find ANYTHING to use against something.  That's why so many companies have to adopt a "C.M.A" approach ("cover my ass").  In today's world people are suing or taking others to court left and right for the most STUPID reasons, just because they CAN.  It's either money or pride, and both are stupid reasons but they get away with it.

They are using using excuses BUT this "it's black so it's racist" thing is different, since it nearly always succeeds, which is very, very, very stupid and even ironic.

Quote from: iceflamey boy
Like that stupid lady who ordered COFFEE from McDonald's and sued the chain because the coffee was HOT and spilled on her lap in the car.  She's so stupid she was holding it IN HER LAP, WHILE DRIVING?!?  F***in retard.  Of course it's gonna spill; of course it's hot.

Same applies here with this game.  I personally don't approve of this game, but I'd sooner call it off for violence than racism.  People are getting miffed just because the zombies are dark in color and are in Africa.  For all these people know (the ones who don't play the game, me for instance) the zombies could've been white people that got possessed and mutated!!

That line there would not help the situation if put in an argument with the black person complaining, since you are insinuating that they turn black, which would intensify her so called "anger".

Quote from: coldfire

I second that opinion, to the fact that racism is once again being taken...how how can I put this....blown out of proportion? Since [off-topic]Slavery ended years and years ago that people are using racism and sometimes using this excuse to back it up, also intensifying there own argument by being in gangs. OH THE IRONY.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Like that stupid lady who ordered COFFEE from McDonald's and sued the chain because the coffee was HOT and spilled on her lap in the car.  She's so stupid she was holding it IN HER LAP, WHILE DRIVING?!?  F***in retard.  Of course it's gonna spill; of course it's hot.

Same applies here with this game.  I personally don't approve of this game, but I'd sooner call it off for violence than racism.  People are getting miffed just because the zombies are dark in color and are in Africa.  For all these people know (the ones who don't play the game, me for instance) the zombies could've been white people that got possessed and mutated!!

That line there would not help the situation if put in an argument with the black person complaining, since you are insinuating that they turn black, which would intensify her so called "anger".

Yeah...
Why weren't there black zombies in the other REs?

Quote from: coldfire

I second that opinion, to the fact that racism is once again being taken...how how can I put this....blown out of proportion? Since [off-topic]Slavery ended years and years ago that people are using racism and sometimes using this excuse to back it up, also intensifying there own argument by being in gangs. OH THE IRONY.

;8

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"

Same applies here with this game.  I personally don't approve of this game, but I'd sooner call it off for violence than racism.  People are getting miffed just because the zombies are dark in color and are in Africa.  For all these people know (the ones who don't play the game, me for instance) the zombies could've been white people that got possessed and mutated!!

Yeah...
Why weren't there black zombies in the other REs?

Why di you quote my reply too, I know black zombies aren't in any other RE.  :tpg:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What?
I was just wondering why they weren't in the other REs.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
No idea, but Iceflame said in RE5, they could have just mutated and became black, in Africa.  :tpg:

So I said, in short, why would they suddenly do that coincidently in Africa when Arfican people are black? the answer is obviously they didn't they are zombies of African people.

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
This is SOOOOOO racist!
Theres always had white and now black zombies, but never asian or indian zombies.
When will be we able to go into infected china and kill over 2 billion Chinese zombies?
Like imagine that, walking down a street with a M16 shooting at 5000 chinamen as they come charging at you. And have like ninja kung fu guys kick your ass.

I demand that RE6 be based in Asia!

- -

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Resi 4 had J.J the giant chaingun wielding black man.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Every single time its about a black guy in a game its racist..
Even if he would be the hero he would be placed as a bad person.
People act really dumb about it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
64. Anonymous

August 1st, 2007 at 1:37 pm

New weapon confirmed for RE5: “Fried Chicken”

Details on Capcom’s upcoming game Resident Evil 5 are sparse, but a new weapon has been confirmed. Fried Chicken comes in either cases of 3 or buckets of 10 which are scattered throughout the game, or sometimes dropped by defeated enemies. A piece of Fried Chicken can be thrown like a grenade or dropped. Any enemies in the vicinity (who can see or smell it) will immediately be attracted to it, and converge upon its location, dropping whatever they are doing at the moment.
If there are multiple enemies in the area, they will viciously attack each other.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:04:38 PM by modern algebra »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
64. Anonymous

August 1st, 2007 at 1:37 pm

New weapon confirmed for RE5: “Fried Chicken”

Details on Capcom’s upcoming game Resident Evil 5 are sparse, but a new weapon has been confirmed. Fried Chicken comes in either cases of 3 or buckets of 10 which are scattered throughout the game, or sometimes dropped by defeated enemies. A piece of Fried Chicken can be thrown like a grenade or dropped. Any enemies in the vicinity (who can see or smell it) will immediately be attracted to it, and converge upon its location, dropping whatever they are doing at the moment.
If there are multiple enemies in the area, they will viciously attack each other.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
It was racist in RE4 and you were killing zombie spics.

But spics don't have the internet, so nobody complained...

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
It was racist in RE4 and you were killing zombie spics.

But spics don't have the internet, so nobody complained...

hahahahahaha

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
One of the bush twins got kidnapped in the last game. If she was black would it be racist?

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
THat is one dumb-cunt. Holy fucking shit. PLAY THE RESI4! In most zombie movies theres never black zombies. And if there is its to symbolize a black character being turned into one.

Dumb bitch needs to get turned into a fucking zombie.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 97
English please

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
This sums this post in one up.

:lol  LOL LOL     Oh shit theres two whites while only one black, RACISM!!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
RE2 had a black cop in it ~_~ oh how racist. Iirc you left him to die on the floor.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Oh god there is a black NPC that says hello to you, Im suing this game company for 5 billion dollars

This is SOOOOOO racist!
Theres always had white and now black zombies, but never asian or indian zombies.
When will be we able to go into infected china and kill over 2 billion Chinese zombies?
Like imagine that, walking down a street with a M16 shooting at 5000 chinamen as they come charging at you. And have like ninja kung fu guys kick your ass.

I demand that RE6 be based in Asia!

I too have this problem, I want to slay ninja zombies NOW.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
It would be funny if there was a "ghetto" black main character in Resident Evil killing white zombies. I wonder If people would complain about that.