RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A Furry RPG known as Paradise:Changed Network (VX Project)

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior

PARADISE:CHANGED NETWORK
After looking around a bit, I might change this to "No Longer Alone".

Based on Jon Buck's Paradise Universe (which you can read the wonderful stories in here http://shifti.org/wiki/Paradise_(Setting) this game is based on the Made Alone - Confession Building Story Arc, by Matthiasrat)

Paradise:Changed Network or "No Longer Alone" is the untold story of Christopher Matthiaz and Robert Hallman's investigations into the oddities plaguing their world. What kind of oddities? I'll get into that

The Paradise Universe!
This universe is completely and perfectly identical to our own, before 1987. Because in that year of 87, on August 15th, a young woman in a band turned into a half-vixen for reasons unknown. A year later her kid turned into a fox and a talented actor followed suit. Starting with one, going to two, and doubling each year the world would slowly become animal people. However, only "Changed" can see other "Changed" for what they are. Everyone else sees a human being instead. In 2000 the Changed began to organize a group known as the Changed Network and every August 15th, aka, Change Day they seek out new members. For Changed do have a habit of going a little crazy when they don't get answers. There are other differences caused as a sort of "Butterfly Effect", but until that woman became a vixen, it was the same.

A being known as Random Omnipotent Being (or ROB), moniters this world and tries to stop the Changed from Changing! Looking for an antidote. For this world isn't a world, but a computer simulation in the future of the entire world... But technology has gone very far. The AI of these beings is so great that it is impossible to distinguish them from a real person.

This story is about the Changed Network and creatures known as Changed, although you don't play as a Changed.

PARADISE:CHANGED NETWORK
After looking at the titles topic I might change this to "No Longer Alone".

Based on Jon Buck's Paradise Universe (which you can read the wonderful stories in here http://shifti.org/wiki/Paradise_(Setting) this game is based on the Made Alone - Confession Building Story Arc, by Matthiasrat)

Paradise:Changed Network or "No Longer Alone" is the untold story of Christopher Matthiaz and Robert Hallman's investigations into the oddities plaguing their world. What kind of oddities? I'll get into that

The Paradise Universe!
This universe is completely and perfectly identical to our own, before 1987. Because in that year of 87, on August 15th, a young woman in a band turned into a half-vixen for reasons unknown. A year later her kid turned into a fox and a talented actor followed suit. Starting with one, going to two, and doubling each year the world would slowly become animal people. However, only "Changed" can see other "Changed" for what they are. Everyone else sees a human being instead. In 2000 the Changed began to organize a group known as the Changed Network and every August 15th, aka, Change Day they seek out new members. For Changed do have a habit of going a little crazy when they don't get answers. There are other differences caused as a sort of "Butterfly Effect", but until that woman became a vixen, it was the same.

The Change did have one minor side-effect, it never gurantees your gender, leaving to lives made potientially difficult by the change, even more so. (Especially since humans still see you as whichever gender you were before)

A being known as Random Omnipotent Being (or ROB), moniters this world and tries to stop the Changed from Changing! Looking for an antidote. For this world isn't a world, but a computer simulation in the future of the entire world... But technology has gone very far. The AI of these beings is so great that it is impossible to distinguish them from a real person. The Change is caused by a computer virus within the simulation.

This story is about the Changed Network and creatures known as Changed, although you don't play as a Changed.

Characters

Name - Hugh Phileas
Age - 17 (Emancipated, unsure of his origins)
Story Of Origin - Original Character
Playable? - Main Character
Species - Human (Changed-Sensitive) (He's a rare kind of human that can see Changed)
Gender - Male
Class - Reality Distortion (Mage-like being, can launch projectiles and see Changed as Changed)
Description - A young child in the body of a young adult, Hugh was been gifted the ability to see "Changed" for what they are, in addition to being able to alter bits of reality itself. He learns about the Changed and becomes someone of great interest to the network. He has personally seen ROB for himself, which is a real shame that he can't comprehend the gravity of the situation. Has a thing for Sentai Shows. Claims himself as the leader of his little group, which he calls "Wild Pack", much to Rob's annoyance.

Name - Robert "Rob" Hallman
Age - 19
Story Of Origin - Made Alone
Playable? - Yes!
Species - Changed (Skunk)
Gender - Male
Class - Sneaky Skunk (Thief, is really fast and can use fumes from his tail to nerf enemies)
Year Of Change - 2002
Description - A young furry and member of SOciety of AnthroPmorphics (SOAP) where he met his beloved girlfriend Audrey. He's very interested in the Furry Fandom and all culture related to it. He's also somewhat sarcastic and witty, the Change scared him at first until he realized another member of SOAP was also a Changed, though he's a skunk now he still deeply appreciates the fandom, now gaining a new respect for it. Doesn't care for Hugh or his shennigans and plans to marry his girlfriend when she changes.

Name - Christopher "CM" Matthiaz
Age - 23
Playable - Yes!
Species - Transgendered Changed (Bear)
Gender - Female (Male prior to Change)
Class - Mama Bear (Warrior Type, takes a lot of damage, dishes out a lot of damage)
Year Of Change - 1996
Description - Chris has been different for 6 years now, not exactly a bear, just different. Shortly before his marriage to a woman named Leslie he transformed into a male rottwieler, and hoped the power of love would change him back, just like in the fairy tale "Beauty And The Beast", but that didn't work and every August 15th, a lot unlike other changed, he kept switching. Much to his/her displeasure, most of the forms have been female. Chris is deeply religious and thus hasn't been intimate with his wife much due to a belief that lesbianism would be a sin. In order to prevent going mad, Chris joined SOAP, a local furry group, hoping that he would feel less alone around people who wanted to be like him/her. This would pay off, as another member named Rob would find the Changed Network when he became a skunk. Chris goes by his intials "CM" as a warning to other furries that she still considers herself a male, although Rob heavily disagrees, saying she acts like a "Mama Bear"

Name - Walter Lundh
Age - Old
Story Of Origin - Bathing Alone
Playable - Naw
Species - Changed (Bull)
Gender - Male
Year Of Change - 1999
Description - Walter is a powerful lawyer and one of the founding members of the Changed Network, a support group for the Changed in addition to a research facility, with his deep pockets he keeps the investigation going. Prior to the change he looked like a 60 year old man, but now he appears to be in his late 20's. I guess Walter was ready for change. He works with the political leader Congressman Sandrick, who is also Changed, to ensure that if need be, the Changed migrate into traditional society without error. Walter is very formal and with the exception of the Transgendered, refers to everyone by their surname. Has hired Rob, CM, and Carter to investigate odd phenomenon.

Name - Carter Ryan
Age - 26
Story Of Origin - Not Quite Alone
Playable - Nope
Gender - Male
Species - Changed (Wolf)
Year Of Change - 2002
Description - Carter is an aqquentice of Rob and CM, changing around the same time as Rob, hired by Walter to do research on the Changed. Prefers less field work than Rob and CM.

Name - Audrey
Age - 18
Playable - Final Chapter (Copies Rob's moveset)
Gender - Female
Species - Human
Year Of Change - N/A
Description - Audrey is the girlfriend of Rob, at first she thought Rob was going crazy when he said that he was a skunk... but between the accidental spraying, the shedding, and long hours in secrecy with CM, she realized the truth. She keeps his secret well, just not as well as Rob would like her too. She helps Nick, Trevor, Brett, and Patrick with SOAP activities when not going to classes as a college student. Eventually she (in the RPG only) is forced to change SOAP into a secondary Changed Research facility. She has agreed to marry Rob on the day she changes, although Rob is dropping hints towards not waiting that long... Not too many because he isn't finacinally sound enough for marriage.

Story

The year is 2002, September.
Hugh Phileas runs into town to play, like he usually does.. when he over hears a conversation about skunks and distortions... but when approaching he is greeted by a young woman who offers him the power to save Rob and CM, who were apparntly the people having the conversation.... when asked why he should care she tells him the whole world is in danger he realizes this could be his chance to be an honest to goodness SUPER HERO! and rushes to the aid of Rob and CM who appear to a skunk and a girl bear respectively. After saving their lives from a force he can see now, he points out that he can see them for what they really are. Rob and CM reveal that they were studying distortions in reality and according to Hugh's conversation with what they just faced, it's out for Changed Blood. The duo take him to a group known as the Changed Network to see their leader. A powerful lawyer named Walter Lundh.

Hugh must learn the source and reason behind these distortions before it's too late, the Network's number might be up, and if they're gone the distortions may set their sights to humanity. Hugh, Rob, and CM must work together to study the world, learn why this happening, and save the Changed. The game will feature multiple endings, depending on the dialogue choices you make.

CREDITS

Paradise Universe is (c) Jon Buck (and used with permission)
Characters CM and Rob, and Made Alone - Confession Buliding stories and all inbetween (c) Matthiasrat (Matthias is either his name or he loves Redwall, possibly both) (Once again, permission)
Character Hugh is (c) ME! MWHAHAHAHAHA

What I need

I'm gonna need a spriter and a beta tester, if you don't like furries, this isn't the project for you.
I'm gonna iron out the dialogue a little better and try to get better sprites... but when I do I will release a demo. Screenshots coming soon.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:34:47 PM by Hawl »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Better. Much Better. I understood what the project is about. And I gotta say, it doesn't sound too bad. Well, maybe not my first choice if I had to choose which game to play, but it's definitely better than before.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 11:33:23 PM by Strak »

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

RMRK Junior
Yeah, I'm mainly doing this to tell my own little story, if you expect some epic new feature like... "And with Realism Mode, you ACTUALLY WILL BECOME FURRY!", I'd just say move along.

But if you want a carefully written story, with amusing moments and dark twists, you've come to the right game.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

I bet Rob is gonna die am I right
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
&& Lime
Winner - 2011 Spring Project of the Season
This is put together so well, I really look forward to seeing something come out of this. And I'm not usually one to get into the whole furry scene.

hey, pasta!

i'm not okay.

RMRK Junior

I bet Rob is gonna die am I right

Rob walks out of this game alive... but there's a good reason why for the final chapter, neither Rob nor CM will be able to journey with you, if I said anymore it'd be super spoilerific, but I assure you... Neither of them die.

I'll definitely need anyone who can do faces... I'm stuck with the pre-set faces.... and those are even harder to come by than sprites.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Faces are easy enough if you have pictures of the characters or can make them in a generator. You can just crop and resize them to a usable template (with each face 96x96). I'd say sprites were your biggest challenge here, I'm afraid.

Anyways, this is now looking a lot more interesting. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

RMRK Junior
I just finished the storyplot, if for any reason I abandon the project.. I'll write down what the plot would have been.

I can already say the ending will be bittersweet, especially since I get forced to use some cheap tricks I'm not too proud of, but you'll see why I have to use them.

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Check the templates on this page. Might find something for you possibly?
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,39563.0.html
Specifically, the "Anthropomorphic" section
Be sure to read the terms of use and what-not as well

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...