RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Parallel Lines

Rep:
Level 84
You won't be folding stars.
Spoiler for Story:
On the borders of a distant galaxy, the two planets, Prade and Aedos, orbit each other. Both have millions of people inhabiting them, and both civilizations have no knowledge of the other.

Whilst Prade has made significant advances in technology and science, Aedos lives in a thriving magical society.

Prade is effectively ruled by evil corporation BIOENDIS (Biological Engineering Development and Improvement Systems), whilst Aedos is ruled by the tyrannic Lord Ceodor.

Two years ago, BIOENDIS researches send out a research probe to Aedos, and since have discovered civilization and established a secret link with Ceodor. Since, they've been planning to use magic alongside science to drag the worlds together into a strange, twisted universe where magic is thick and technology operates ten times more efficiently. Ceodor and BIOENDIS plan to team up and eliminate any resistance, ruling the two worlds.

Except...

THEIR PLAN WENT WRONG.

The year is now 2936. All appears to be well on Prade, and on Aedos, but, unbeknownst to the majority of both civilizations, soon, a life-threatening cataclysm will come into play.

BIOENDIS finalise their decision with Lord Ceodor and initiate the operation; a small satellite (with a magic-infused bomb on board) is launched from BIOENDIS HQ in Prade, and detonated carefully when it's aligned directly between Prade and Aedos. The explosion is tiny, but immediately after it ends it begins to implode, and in milliseconds, the two planets are covered in pitch black darkness and dragged into a different universe.

For three hours, as light returns, millions of people are killed all over the world due to natural disasters; then as was electricity and civilization gradually restored; the cause of the earth-shattering natural disasters was clear; the operation had been a success, but the two worlds had collided.

As would be expected of the medieval king, Lord Ceodor believed that BIOENDIS had tricked him so that they could weaken his forces. BIOENDIS sent out emmisaries to the Lord, but he ruthlessly cut them down before they came near.

As everyone became aware of the situation and what their leaders had hidden from them, people began to question them, rebellions began. To make matters worse, tension was already high between Ceodor and BIOENDIS - war was about to break out.

Spoiler for Characters:
Name: Linus Carlisle
Weapon Type: Assault Rifles (Two handed)
Weapon List: P-23 Lancer, P-45 Eradicator, P-98 Crusher, P-200X Decapitator, BIOENDIS Pulse Rifle v0.3, N-13 Tsunami, N-14 Volcano, N-15 Earthquake, BIOENDIS Pulse Rifle v1.2, Y-22 Scorpion, Y-76 Wasp, Y-122 Butterfly, BIOENDIS Pulse Rifle v3.2, BIOENDIS Pulse Rifle Deluxe, D-X Destroyer, E-X Worldbreaker, F-X Implosion
Ultimate Weapon: Z-X Black Snake Prototype Rifle
Armour: Medium Prade Armour
Class: Precision Gunner
Ability Type: Gravitational Control - Because of BIOENDIS' experiments on his body, Linus has special implants that can control gravity.
Ability List:
Theme Song: Aerodynamic - Daft Punk
History: Before the cataclysmic event that crashed Aedos and Prade together, Linus Carlisle was an infantry Sergeant working for BIOENDIS. After the catastrophe happened that left millions dead, and Aedos and Prade just waiting for war, Linus fled BIOENDIS before war broke out. He's the primary character.
Personality: Linus is carefree and happy-go-lucky, but in battle he becomes a clean, precise killing machine. He was originally a sniper for six months under BIOENDIS, but decided that single-shots sometimes weren't enough, so changed to assault rifles.
Appearance: Linus has short blonde hair, and bright emerald-green eyes. He's fairly tanned and has a relatively small mouth. His general attire is a black BIOENDIS skin-tight body suit and an assault rifle on his back.

Name: Thaddeus Law
Weapon Type: Dual SMGs
Weapon List: Claw I, Claw II, Claw III, Talon IV, Talon V, Talon VI, Blade VII, Blade VIII, Blade IX, Claymore X, BIOENDIS Pulse SMG v0.1, Hornet I, Hornet II, Hornet III, Goliath IV, Goliath V, Goliath VI, BIOENDIS Pulse SMG v2.1 Mantis VII, Mantis VIII, Mantis IX, Black Widow X, BIOENDIS Pulse SMG v4.2, BIOENDIS Pulse SMG Deluxe, D-Y Skullcrusher, E-Y Backbreaker, F-Y Samurai
Ultimate Weapon: Z-Y Draco Prototype SMG
Armour: Heavy Prade Armour
Class: Uncanny Blaster
Ability Type: Telekinesis - An early version of BIOENDIS' implants allows Thaddeus limited telekinetic control to move objects at frightening speeds in a small radius around him.
Ability List:
Theme Song: Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is - Jet
History: From the age of 19 til 32, Thaddeus Law was a wholehearted supporter of BIOENDIS. He quickly rose through their ranks, spending a lot of time as a black operative, completing combat missions with ease. At 29, he became the youngest General in BIOENDIS' ranks, and they chose to reveal to him the beginning of their scientific experiments... and it sickened him. He stayed a general until 32 where he retired, due to the fact that the whole time he'd supported them, BIOENDIS had been performing sick, morally wrong experiments on humans who'd dedicated their lives to them. After he'd left, BIOENDIS realised why, and have spent seven years trying to track the now-mercenary down, and kill him. He joins Linus in Procyon City, although makes sure that Linus promises to help him with a task one day.
Personality: Thaddeus is cool, calm and collected. But, when he steps into battle, he becomes a raging killing machine, firing off his SMGs and obliterating his opponents by blowing them into pieces.
Appearance: Thaddeus has pale skin, and long black hair. He has one blue eye, and the other is covered by an eyepatch. He dons a long, red trenchcoat (with one button done up at the collar) with an upturned collar covering the lower half of his face.

Name: Taileem
Weapon Type: Twin Daggers
Weapon List: Wooden Dagger, Bronze Dagger, Iron Dagger, Steel Dagger, Mythril Dagger, Quartz Dagger, Lazuli Dagger, Ruby Dagger, BIOENDIS Combat Knife v1.4 Amethyst Dagger, Sapphire Dagger, Emerald Dagger, Diamond Dagger, BIOENDIS Combat Knife v4.5, Flame Dagger, Ice Dagger, Lightning Dagger, Dragon's Claw, Snake's Bite, Demon's Fang, BIOENDIS Combat Knife v7.6, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Knife 
Ultimate Weapon: Gryphon's Talon
Armour: Light Aedos Armour
Class: Agile Assassin
Ability Type: Hydrokinesis - Due to Aedos' magical nature, Taileem can control and even become one with water and ice.
Ability List:
Theme Song: Hands Around My Throat - Death In Vegas
History: Taileem was born to a strong-willed woman with a very small, weak frame, and a massive father with a penchant for bladed weapons. Her father, however, was an abusive man, who owed Lord Ceodor a lot of money. When Taileem was five, her parents decided to seperate, and then, Taileem lived in peace for seven years. Taileem's father had long since spiralled into such a lonely, desperate lifestyle that he needed to use Aedos' top killer drug - 'Midnight Sap', a powerful drug that gives a dangerously powerful high - to sustain his life. He spiralled into more debt with the dealers, and whilst on a high one night ran to Taileem's house and slaughtered her mother before stealing her money. He created a commotion that attracted Ceodor's soldiers - who instantly came and killed her father - and turned to her. The twelve year old girl was, not for the first time, frightened for her life, as she couldn't imagine the horrors that the soldiers - who she'd briefly thought to be her saviours - would do to her.

As the soldiers drew near, Taileem saw a glint in the corner of her eye and, milliseconds later, the soldier's head fell to the ground as a beautiful seventeen-year-old girl with a bloodied battleaxe stood behind. Seconds later, her massive twin brother, who stood behind her, simply waved his hand and the earth swallowed the second soldier up. They were Rokin and Chelisia, and they would teach Taileem how to fight. She's captured in the wild of the Hephaestus district, and after the party meets with Chelisia and Rokin in Fundorin's Gate, she willingly joins Linus.
Personality: Taileem's very quiet and shy, probably from the traumatising events she endured as a child. She fights using two daggers, and you wouldn't believe how quickly she can rip a man to pieces with them. She's learnt to use her beauty to kill; lure men into a secure location, then throw a dagger between their eyes.
Appearance: Taileem has hazel eyes and flowing dark brown hair. She wears a skin-tight navy blue leather bodysuit so she can slip into the shadows, and when she needs to, make a quick escape.

Name: Chelisia
Weapon Type: Battleaxes (Two handed)
Weapon List: Wooden Axe, Bronze Axe, Iron Axe, Steel Axe, Mythril Axe, Silver Axe, Golden Axe, Platinum Axe, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Axe v0.3, Mercury's Mercy, Venus' Beauty, Mars' Fury, Jupiter's Hatred, Saturn's Curse, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Axe v0.7 Neptune's Wrath, Hades' Rage, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Axe Deluxe
Ultimate Weapon: Charon's Frenzy
Armour: Medium Aedos Armour
Class: Deadly Gladiator
Ability Type: Pyrokinesis - Chelisia's power suits her fiery personality perfectly; she controls heat and flames.
Ability List:
Theme Song: Evil Woman - Black Sabbath
History: Chelisia and Rokin were orphaned when their parents - bounty hunters - died on a mission, leaving them alone in Barazig at the age of three. Before long, they were picked up by a mysterious man known only as Dorchimel, who took them in and trained them from an early age to be powerful warriors, honing them in mind and body. By thirteen, they'd made their first kill, and by fifteen completed their first mission. Dorchimel, knowing that his debt to society had been paid, released the two teenagers back into the world and they became mercenaries. Two years later, whilst on a massively failed job, they discovered the twelve-year-old Taileem at the mercy of two of Ceodor's soldiers, killed them, and took her in, beginning to teach her. She joins Linus in Fundorin's Gate.
Personality: Chelisia is hot-headed and quick to anger. Simple as that. Get on her bad side and she'll cleave you in half. On a side-note, when not fighting, she can be somewhat reasonable, if a bit bitchy sometimes.
Appearance: Chelisia has long, flowing orange-red hair, and is clad in hide-like medium armour to get a balance between Rokin's clunking pieces of metal and Taileem's sleek bodysuits.

Name: Rokin
Weapon Type: Greatswords
Weapon List: Wooden Blade, Bronze Blade, Iron Blade, Steel Blade, Mythril Blade, Soldier's Blade, Warrior's Blade, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Blade v1.1, Gladiator's Blade, Knight's Blade, Prince's Blade, Hero's Blade, King's Blade, BIOENDIS Laser-Edge Blade v2.6, Champion's Blade
Ultimate Weapon: Excalibur
Armour: Heavy Aedos Armour
Class: Devoted Protector
Ability Type: Terrakinesis - Rokin can trigger small earthquakes with a single wave of his giant hand.
Ability List:
Theme Song: Red Flag - Billy Talent
History: Chelisia and Rokin were orphaned when their parents - bounty hunters - died on a mission, leaving them alone in Barazig at the age of three. Before long, they were picked up by a mysterious man known only as Dorchimel, who took them in and trained them from an early age to be powerful warriors, honing them in mind and body. By thirteen, they'd made their first kill, and by fifteen completed their first mission. Dorchimel, knowing that his debt to society had been paid, released the two teenagers back into the world and they became mercenaries. Two years later, whilst on a massively failed job, they discovered the twelve-year-old Taileem at the mercy of two of Ceodor's soldiers, killed them, and took her in, beginning to teach her. He joins Linus in Fundorin's Gate.
Personality: Rokin almost never speaks, and when he does, his speech is usually short and in as few words as possible. He has a booming deep voice, but he's by no means stupid; he just chooses not to speak. He's also tender and caring towards nature and animals, but he can kill.
Appearance: Rokin has short, spiky red hair, the same colour as Chelisia's, with a black headband. He usually wears a hide tunic, over which he drapes chainmail, and a pair of armoured hide bottoms.

Spoiler for Prade Description:
NOTE: This is a rough description of what Prade will be like. Aedos' description'll be up soon.

Prade: Description

Prade's atmosphere has been decimated by nuclear explosions, and so, the remainder of the population live underground. BIOENDIS controls the world from Proxima Centauri, the capital city. People travel using tunnels.

I'll get other stuff up as I develop it.

Spoiler for Stuff that needs to be done:
- 9/9 charsets done
- 9/9 facesets done
- Databasing is 60% done
- Mapping is 2-3% done.
- Scripts are 95% done (just need to add quests and stuff)
- Music is 100% done.

Spoiler for Screenies!:

-Insert a battle theme that includes a mix of piano and electronica-

Laaaadies and geeeentlement, please welcome our guest for this evening, BIOENDIS Infantry Sergeant Liiiiiinus Caaaarrrliiisllleee!

Cut Linus some slack, his job's very demanding.

Quick shot of the menu. Nothing special.

Sorry 'bout the cut-off. Want to read the rest. WELL, WAIT UNTIL A DEMO'S OUT.

Yeah, that little crappy TV in the corner's actually on. I was surprised it worked to be honest.

Wait... Gravity Storm... what?

Spoiler for Features:
A powerful story of epic proportions that moves at the speed YOU want it to.
Nine incredibly well-fleshed out and sometimes funny main characters.
Many different subplots that you can choose when to begin - including the origin of twisted experiments, creature hunting, and infiltration missions.
Lots of earthquakes.
Lots of acronyms.
No teenage heroes.
Some thinly-spread ancient ninja and samurai.
TWO evil empires and TWO justified rebellions. Check that out for cliché.
Guns.
Arenas.
Sexy graphics.
Etc.

Demo[/b]

Coming soon. ;D Just need to rack up ~30 mins playtime for it.

Credit

modern algebra for his Quest Journal, Items and Skills Catalogue, Monster Catalogue, Catalogue base, and 'Animated Sprites instead of faces in scenes' scripts. Also for his Random Encounters by Level Script, Wordlocks Script, Gameover -> Common Event Script, Flash Selected Enemy, and two Paragraph Formatter scripts.

BulleXt for his Autosave script.

BigEd781 for his Equipment Stat Mods.

Kylock for his Time System, Tankentai ABS + SBS translations and addons. Also for his light script.

KGC for his LargeParty script.

Carbajosa for his Map HUD script.

Synthesize for his Regenerate HP/MP on defense script.

DarkKaizer and RurouniH for spriting. :D

Leventhan for an amazing windowskin.

Painhurt and Joy for awesome tileset skillz.

Kaduki for sawm mad sprites and facesets.

Yanfly for her Scene Shop Redux, Bestiary and Display Scanned Enemy, Scene Status Redux, Sub-Class Selection and Victory Aftermath scripts.

Moghunter for his Battle Backgrounds script.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:09:49 AM by Sky_Of_Order »
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Sounds like an interesting premise. I love scifi stuff, though I think it will be cool to see how magic plays out in that setting. Anyway, good luck!

Rep:
Level 84
^_^ Thanks. I think the overall concept is gonna play out as the classic 'magic vs science' thing. There'll be some twisted experiments (a la Weyland-Yutani in the Alien series), and some evil magicians :D

It'll be mainly free-roam (YAY QUEST JOURNALS) with a long plot, and four hidden characters. ^__^
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 82
My pal Eddy.
For some reason this gave me a BioShock feel... which can only be a good thing.
The story is good, and you could integrate magic as mutations, like in the aforementioned BioShock.

Rep:
Level 84
For some reason this gave me a BioShock feel... which can only be a good thing.
The story is good, and you could integrate magic as mutations, like in the aforementioned BioShock.

Thanks. A couple of days ago we did decide that there'll be a second plotline revolving around BIOENDIS' experiments, and the majority of the enemies in BIOENDIS HQ will be genetically modified soldiers, or stuff that went wrong.

Really wrong.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Bump as I've added a significant amount of content to the first post.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Bump and explaining the nature of my screenshots.

I know they look very similar to each other; but I've only mapped a quarter of the introduction, so it does all look the same. Once the character moves into the outside (which is still underground... buut... they have light filters and shit) I'll update again with some different screenies. =D
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Bumpage.

Parallel Lines is still around, people. Just trying to see if anyone's interested, and/or has ideas for it. I'll be putting up a more advanced story, a demo, and some stuff for Aedos, and the other four characters sooner or later.

Just seeing if anybody's still here, heh.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 84
Bump as I have a demo on demand, and a few more screenshots, but is anybody really that interested? Would anybody actually PLAY the demo?
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I'd play it.

Rep:
Level 76
A local spriter.
Dude seems epic! I'd play it for sure! :D

I heard a joke once.
A man goes to the doctor and says he can't get over a great depression.
Doctor says, the Great Clown Poliauchi is in town, go see him and you'll feel better!
But Doctor! He says, I am Poliauchi. Funny huh?
Then everybody laughs and the curtains close.

Rep:
Level 84
It's probably going to be pretty heavy-duty when I upload it, due to the fact that I'm using a lot of stuff like Pendulum... I dunno if that goes against the site rules. This isn't commercial, or anything.
If you want
Follow me
And I'll lead you inside
You don't have
To
Run and hide

Thanks, Sabre.

Rep:
Level 76
Join project pentagram! I know where you live.
Looks interesting! I think this has potential.