RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New Un-named project

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
hey there,

My name is John. I am looking to compose a team of game designers. The game subject matter has been decided by me already and will not be release publicly until we have a working Alpha version of the game.

I intend to assign duties to the members of the team in such a way that the game is produced in an orderly and clean fashion. I plan on using my many years of MMORPG gameplay as a basis for my direction and likly will include many aspects of this in the project.

(subject to change:)
At the momement it looks like i will be in need of 3 directors, and any number of programmers.

* The First director will incharge of the world aspects of the game. This means they will manage the design and construction of the many maps that will be needed for this game. This position will be very important as my plans include the creation of game specific content. Anyone who has created map tilesets would be likly considered first for this position. The "World Director" will work with other game programmers to make sure the worlds transitions, maps, sizes are working smoothly. Because of the subject matter and theme of the game there will be many areas to work on.

* The Second director will manage the combat system and balance of characters weapons and other combat related content. Also working with other programmers for a secondary Skill based progression system, this will tie into the combat system and work on an independant level progression.

* The Third director will manage the programming for quests, banking, pet, and other minor game systems. This person will have to be very good with gathering and sorting information. As quests will be provided by myself and will need to be seemlessly intagrated into the game.

Although I would accecpt anyone who has made games using RPG maker in the past, or those who know how to make different aspects of a game using the program, I am willing to add new users who have little work "under their belt" as long as they are hard workers and willing share their ideas.

You may be thinking, why the heck would we do this? shouldnt we just work on our own games? Well the reason is simple and true. If I can get a team together, I know i can produce a game that far exceeds the abilities of anyone of us alone. Another words, theres alot of CLONE games out there, im sure you have all played them... the "go get crystals, save the dead princess, kill the evil lord, deliver the sword parts, collect the rare items.. blah blah blah.. the fact is that those games are fun to play ... but are nothing new, as a team we can share ideas creating a great game not created before...

I have an idea for the game already, we can improve and add upon it, but i think you will pleased with the way the story ties in for great gameplay..

my hopes is that i can get 20+ people to work on this project ... i know that sounds daunting... how could we possibly work together on that/ trust me we can and will

please leave me your Email address and you name, age, what you know about RPG maker, what are your Strengths, WHAT ARE YOUR WEAKNESSES!! any screenshots of games you have worked on, 10 things you see in almost every RPG, your favorite 5 things about RPG's, How may hours a week you would be willing to work on the project, your Home mailing address, and anything further you would like to share,.. (none of the previous information will be shared with anyone without your permission)

and thats it  thanks so much Post your reply here as soon as you respond to this message by sending an email to RPGproject@hotmail.com

thanks in advance to anykind of response !

:atma:

Rep:
Level 88
Hey, im open for this.
I can do maps, scripting....(not making but inserting) and other  things.

very good :) perhaps you can email me some screen shots of your work? would you find yourself better fit assisting one of the directors? or do you feel you are able to preform one of the director positions?

I will be sending the team all the info on the Game/ plots races and such, however I would like to gather some more intrest in the project first..

Members so Far:
Rpg_Gnome - maps, scripting

Rep:
Level 88
The first one sounds ok, but i've never made a tile set.
I was thinking of it it thouhg.

it seems there is little intrest in helping me with this game/ other than RPG_Gnome i have not received any response...

Is it that there is a general lack of intrest in assisting others with their games? (keep in mind full credit will be given to you) or is there something more missing?

do you need more info on the game first?
do you require more specific examples of what im looking for?

please let me know what i can do.. im giving this 6more days to collect intrest, the project positions will be closed upon Tues of next week, any intrest in assisting must be shown before that date.

thank you,
Johnie Landeen (Director of Operations)
ETec

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
I would like to know more about the game. Im not sure many ppl want to sign up for something they know nothing (or very little) about.

Regards,
Darico

ps. I may be able to so a little mapping.

Rep:
Level 88
Legend of Mana Fan
Yeah, maybe if you could tell us some info on the game...I would sign up as a mapper...
Game I'm Working on:
-ADVENT-
Progress:
Story: 96%
Maps: 4%
Characters: 70%

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
I'll help with artwork, eg Icons/title/etc etc
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Rep:
Level 87
:P
Hmm... I know how to make quests, I could help you there. I also have a general idea of how to make a pet system... Yes, i think i could help you, if you would accept me.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 06:31:40 PM by graeme151 »