RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Harry Potter 7

MY SON ALWAYS DREAMED OF A LIFE AT SEA!
Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
All right you know this movie just came out. I  so far have seen it twice. Have you guys seen it yet? I think this was an excellent movie and they did a great job with the musical score!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I saw it on Friday.
My expectations for the movies have been steadily decreasing since PoA, so this one was actually better than I predicted. It ended rather abruptly, but I guess that's to be expected of a two parter.

I was kinda half-hoping that they would forget about Dobby again, but alas, they remembered him just in time to....well, you know.

The Three Brothers sequence was nicely done. It was probably my favorite part.

Rep:
Level 83
I think the movies sucked ass. The 1st movie was ok, but afterwards, they started to cut my favorite things from the books.
If it would have just been a movie series based on nothing... I think I would think of them as ok.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
The Deathly Hallows was actually rather well done, compared to most of the movies in the series. It was a very accurate adaption of the book in my opinion, though I did notice that there were a few plot points they added in from the book that weren't present in the previous movies. Like Sirius' mirror, it was in the books but never shown in the movies before suddenly appearing in the seventh movie.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
With -no- explanation to the viewers who haven't read the book a: what it was and b: why he was begging it for help.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
That's less the current director's fault than the previous ones.
A lot of things were omitted in the previous movies that turned out to be important later. Like Dobby, who was supposed to have a much bigger role in the fourth, fifth, and sixth movies, was completely cut out until now. The subsequent spoilery thing to happen to him was probably a lot less meaningful to those who only watch the movies.

I love how Charlie just shows up at the beginning without any explanation. "Oh hey Harry! I'm Charlie! Don't mind this giant werewolf scar that I got inexplicably last year. Have you met my fiance Fleur?"

Rep:
Level 85
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
You mean Bill! Bill the badass...I don't think Charlie's ever had a speaking role. poor weasleys..

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh crap, you're right. :V
Charlie's the one in Romania with the dragons, right?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
If I remember correctly Joy, the mirror is kind of like a two way radio between someone else who has one. I think Dumbledore's brother stumbled upon it somehow and was watching Harry the entire time with it.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
But again, it was never explained in the movies, so anyone (like my father) who has watched the movies but never bothered to read the books is out of the loop.

Rep:
Level 85
Bingo...I know why he's looking, what he thought he saw, how the mirror works, how his got broken. Jay, my husband, hasn't read that far in the nooks, so he had to ask me.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Now I know what other people felt like when I talked about Lost around them! I don't understand any of this!

Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
Lol read the books Holk!!!!!
anyways wow this conversation went far I personally think they did a excellent job I'm just afraid they won'thave enough book for the next movie....

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
They've still got Gringotts, and the entire battle of Hogwarts, which was a huge part of the book. I'm just hoping they do Snape's memory scene justice. It's my favorite part.

Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
Oh I'm pretty sure they will and that will be a huge part to i bet I know they have all that but I don't know some times it seems not a lot for a 2 hour and 30 minute movie...

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I liked it. Never read any of the books, though my girlfriend is a fanatic and said it was the most faithful adaptation yet. But I still enjoyed it.

Yeah, I didn't get the mirror thing at all, so when I saw it mentioned earlier in this thread I was like "oohhhh," but it didn't detract from my experience too much.

Although the scene with Ron facing that smoke monster that mirrors your fears was pretty laughable. lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I'm just hoping they do Snape's memory scene justice. It's my favorite part.
Agreed. Snape's death better be epic.
And I just saw the movie today. It's...well, it's better than the sixth. I never liked the movies, leaving out the first two or three :|
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 73
Flipping sausage with game and watch is a pastime!
Yeah, this was a really great movie and did the book justice:) I cant wait for the next one to come out with that epic battle scene where people who i wont mention die :O

Rep:
Level 84
Is a New Zealander
Yeah, this was a really great movie and did the book justice:) I cant wait for the next one to come out with that epic battle scene where people who i wont mention die :O

IMO there were too many deaths in the last book, didn't really serve any purpose and so many were dying that it became desensitized.
I'm much too lazy to put an actual signature here.

Rep:
Level 73
Flipping sausage with game and watch is a pastime!
well yeah, but it made sense to have so many die since its the final struggle for good and evil.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
IMO there were too many deaths in the last book, didn't really serve any purpose and so many were dying that it became desensitized.

Quentin Tarantino? What?

P.S. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. So don't try to lecture me about harry potter. lol

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Necro'd to say that OMG PART TWO IS AMAZING!!!1!1!!one!

Our theater went all out and decorated the whole lobby with floating candles (christmas lights and construction paper tied to thin transparent wire. It was pretty awesome walking in the door and just looking up all "Holy shit floating candles".), stone patterned wallpaper and house flags. They even had pumpkin juice and butterbeer. I didn't try the pumpkin juice but I think the butterbeer was just butterscotch and A&W. Still pretty good though. The whole staff dressed up in Gryffindor uniforms too.

This was an excellent conclusion to the movies. It totally made up for the last five or so sub-par ones.
I think this was probably the most faithful book adaptation of the seven. The only thing I can really think of that they left out was the whole grindlewald/dumbledore explanation, and that wasn't really a huge deal.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:25:49 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I concur.  Harry Potter Part Two was absolutely wonderful!  It was SOOOO Epic.  The only part I dont like is the very end, but then again, I didnt like the very end in the book either.  I won't explain it since some of you probably haven't seen it yet, but you need to stop what you're doing and go watch it RIGHT NOW.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The last one I watched was Goblet of Fire, and I'm content with that, cause I'm an indie bitch. I also heard that Half-Blood Prince was terrible, and I never got around to watching OotP or Part 1. Yeah.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I felt the movie was Meh, i dunno why it felt like it. I've read the books, watched the movies, something was missing from this one.

Rep:
Level 96
Like all the other movies, it was okay.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I've seen all of the movies except the last two, and the only thing in any of them that I really remember is the time-traveling pocketwatch. That was pretty cool.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
The Prisoner of Azkaban was pretty cool, but they did cut out a lot from the book.
It's a bit much to think that the movie will be the exact same as the book, but it was a little disappointing.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
The last one I watched was Goblet of Fire, and I'm content with that, cause I'm an indie bitch. I also heard that Half-Blood Prince was terrible, and I never got around to watching OotP or Part 1. Yeah.

They turned book 6 from Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince into Harry Potter and the Half-Baked Plot.
It's worth watching the 7.1, and I am going to see 7.2 next week.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
Maybe someone can clear this up for me. SPOILERS AHEAD. Okay, so it's revealed that, in order to kill Voldemort, Harry must die. They make, like, a huge deal out of it in the movie, like it's the grand revelation of the entire series of books. Because I guess it is. But then, oh, nvm he can just live, that's cool. What was up with that? Now, I never read the books, but I lost so much respect for the series when that happened. "Harry must die!" Wow, predictable, but still ballsy, and a very fitting conclusion to this epic series. Maybe I'll read these books after all. "Nevermind, he can live. Forever! ;8" What the hell is this? Did a 4 year old write this? Or was it written for 4 year olds?

I am disappoint.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
There was no way for dumbledore to predict what would happen. I'm guessing the Avada Kedavra curse only works for one person (or weird soul fetus) at a time.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
read the last book and it will make sense.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
SPOILER ALERT!!!
-------------
--------------
-----------

Ok, the deal with the harry must die thing:

When Draco Malfoy disarmed Dumbledore the Elder Wand became Malfoys, but since Snape killed Dumbledore, Voldemort thinks that by killing Snape, the Elder Wand will work on Harry.. however..  Harry Disarmed Malfoy and the Elder Wand became his.  A wand attuned to a wizard cannot kill its owner by anothers hand... SOOOOO  when Voldemort casts the Killing Curse on Harry; he kills the part of himself/not harry  (Voldemort accidently made Harry a Horcrux when he tried to kill him the first time) .. thus the Elder Wand backfires on Voldemort and winds up killing himself.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Oh, yeah that sounds right. It's been a while since I read the book.

Rep:
Level 96
A wand attuned to a wizard cannot kill its owner by anothers hand.
Got it. Thanks.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I thought the movie was pretty good. Epic in some moments, but kinda lacking in some others. Definitely worth the watching if you've seen the others.

Spoiler for:
The things I was disappointed about was the number of things not properly explained. What happened to Wormtail? He died in the book as a result of his own hand strangling him when he refused to kill Harry, but in the first HP7 movie he's nearly stunned and his fate left unknown. Why exactly did Harry  need to die, and how did he live after Voldemort used a killing curse on him in the forest? It's very briefly explained that he somehow became an unintended horcrux when Voldemort tried to kill him the first time, but not at all how he survived or anything else. And there was absolutely nothing about the whole thing behind Dumbledore's questionable past with his sister and the dark wizard Grindlewald. I think we could come up with a whole list of things that weren't tied up properly in the movies.

Plus, the endings kinda suck. The first ending is where they're on the bridge after breaking the elder wand, and then it just fades out in lackluster fashion to the "19 years later..." ending. That whole scene was... rather poor quality, with a lot still missing in itself. I didn't like it in the book either, and they didn't do a good job in aging the characters to look the right age. They then end everything just on a closeup of the three friends and fade out to the credits. Boo. If they had just done up the first ending to be more dramatic and left out the epilogue thing, I think it would have come off a lot better.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 07:28:55 AM by Bayard »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Because the horcrux was broken in the forest when Voldemort attempted to kill him, not in the castle in the final battle.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Harry lived in the forest because he had touched the Resurrection Stone earlier, it wasn't really explained as such in the book or the movie, it was just kind of something you had to garner together. He whispered tot he Snitch that he was ready to die, so he could use the stone. Also;

Spoiler for:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
That's not the case though. The resurrection stone only temporarily brought back the "ghosts" of his departed loved ones, nothing more. Not to mention he had abandoned the stone before heading into the forest, after getting the moral support he needed from his family. I think in the book it was explained that because he was willing to give up his own life, the killing curse only murdered Voldemort's soul fragment instead of Harry's willing soul. But this is not even the least bit hinted at in the movie.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Spoiler for:
It's already been explained in this thread and quoted. A wand attuned to a wizard cannot kill its owner, since the Elder Wand was Harry's, Voldemort couldn't kill him with it and instead killed the part of himself that was within Harry.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 06:54:47 AM by Doctor Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
I thought it was cool. But that may be because I'm such a fan. Saw it in the 16th.