RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Land of Ecthor (MMORPG/ORPG)

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Land of Ecthor
Official Website | Forums

Land of Ecthor is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) that takes place on a large island created by Aegos, the Earth God. But that is all explained in the Story section. Land of Ecthor doesn't really have much of a story, basically just a history of how it came to be. When you start off your adventure in Ecthor, you will see an intro cut scene, showing you how Ecthor became to existence. Afterwards, you will be on Tutorial Island, where you choose your character class. You get to choose from three starter classes, Squire, Rogue, and Apprentice Mage. You will learn about the trade skills on Tutorial Island, and about monsters. After you are finished with Tutorial Island, you will be teleported to Horenth, which is on the mainland of Ecthor. From there you will be free to do as you wish.

Class Information
Squire
Description: A class type that is exellent for combat. They have a large variety of weapon choices and can use heavy armor. Squires are great classes for beginners.

- Swordsman
Description: Warriors that are adept with their sword skills. They make great fighters and are also the quickest of the three fighter classes.
Weapons: Swords
Armor: Shields, Helmets, Medium-Armor, Heavy-Armor

- Lancer
Description: These warriors might not be as quick as swordsmen, but they're great at surviving long battles due to there high physical defense.
Weapons: Pole-arms

- Barbarian
Description: Of all the fighter classes these are the strongest types of warriors. They make excelent fighters due to their high attack power and physical strength, and also their wider variety of weapons as opposed to the lancer or swordsman.
Weapons: Axes, Hammers, Maces, Clubs

Rogue
Description: Another class type, like the fighter. These types of people like to use lighter armor, and faster attacks. Also great for ranged and stealthy combat.

- Bandit
Description: A class that is basically an all around type class. They are great for their large variety of weapons, but they favor clubs and daggers the most. Also can be a brutal type class, like the barbarian.
Weapons: Swords, Daggers, Maces, Clubs, Claws
Armor: Helmets, Medium-Armor

- Archer
Description: These people are skilled marksman. They favor long ranged combat over any other type, but if they must they will use daggers when in close combat.
Weapons: Bows, Daggers

- Assasin
Description: Of all the classes, these are the most deadliest with they're stealthy killing skills. They, like archers, are exellent at long ranged combat, but still not as great, and also are great for dealing fast attacks.
Weapons: Swords, Bows, Daggers, Claws

Apprentice Mage
Description: Of all the 3 beginner classes, these are the most difficult to use, but once they are stronger, they can overcome the warriors strength, with their high intellect, and magic skills. And they prefer magic over any weapon. A spellcaster that has not chosen their specialty, yet.

- Priest
Description: These are not like normal mages, most mages prefer powerful destructive spells like the sorcerer. But these are mages of light, but not necessarily good. They use healing spells to help them when they are in tough situations.
Weapons: Maces, Clubs, Staffs
Armor: Cloth Headgear, Cloth Armor

- Wizard
Description: One of the most common of all mage types. They prefer destructive sorcery of all kinds of magic, to help them crush their opponent, without using any kind of weapon.
Weapons: Staffs
Armor: Cloth Headgear, Cloth Armor

- Shaman
Description: Spellcasters that use the elements to aid them in battle. They also use spells like Bloodlust to help aid allies.
Weapons: Swords, Staffs
Armor: Shields, Medium Armor, Cloth Headgear, Cloth Armor

Story

The land known as Ecthor, was created by the Earth God, who is known by the people of Ecthor, as Aegas. Aegas created the land of Ecthor, because he was jealous of his brother, Alagos, the Storm God, and his creation, in which was his own land, called Thoron. Aegas thought that creating a land of his own, would make his brother, Alagos, jealous, but instead, Alagos hated the idea of his brother trying to make him jealous. So Alagos sent out all kinds of monsters to live on Ecthor, for all eternity, as a burden upon all the people who live there. In which, now, those same monsters still live there, on Aegas' land. Now that there are all these monsters living on Ecthor, it's hard for people to do anything without fearing that they will be attacked by one of these monsters.

It's been over 250 years now since this grudge started, and it's now up to you to help these people out, by either getting rid of these monsters or just simply protecting these people from them, by slaying the monsters. Since one man, or woman, isn't enough to get rid of thousands of monsters that live on this land, you'll need the help from others. But living on Ecthor, doesn't mean all you have to do is kill these monsters. There are other things to do, while on these lands. Since killing monsters will tire you out, you can take a rest at a local inn, or go fishing and eat what you catch. If you feel that your current equipment isn't good enough, go right ahead and make some that are better. But be advised that making your own equipment, requires some skill. Working with different types of materials, can require more or less skill, depending on what materials your working with. You can make a good living, by helping out those who need a favor done, in return you'll get some kind of reward, whether it's a unique item, money, or a rare weapon. Just remember, don't always spend your time trying to save up your money, for that one weapon at a shop, because chances are, you'll find an even better weapon from a monster carrying one around with them. On that note, goodbye and have fun, in the Land of Ecthor!

Screenshots

New and Improved HUD.

This is a map of Laengarr, the first region of the world you visit.

Old Screenshots

Horenth Junk Shop. Damn, people gotta stop throwing away their weapons and armor.

Look at this beautiful city, though it's quite empty, right now.

This is what a shop looks like...Damn, I'm poor. 45 Copper. Ha!

Welcome to Shorzu Village. It's not very big, but that's why it's a village and not a town.

Referal System
If you refer a friend to the game send me a message in-game or on the forums. If you refer someone to the game you receive 5 Silver, which is equal to 500 Copper. The currency for the game works like this:
1 Silver = 100 Copper
1 Gold = 100 Silver

Game Features
1. Action Battle System
2. Chat
3. Private Chat
4. Mail
5. Trade
6. HP, MP, EXP, and Gold displaying HUD
7. Storage Box/Bank
8. Custom Shop Screen
9. Custom Equip Screen
10. Lottery
11. Buyable house for player
12. Mining
13. Smithing
14. Fishing

Download
Look on the web site for a download link.

If you would like to partake in the creation of this game, I am up for suggestions and possibly some positions. Right now I am the only one working on it, but if you would like to help you can contact me at the following...but please don't spam.

E-mail - Icedmetal57@gmail.com
AIM - Icedmetal57

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Atomic LAWL
thats kinda cool

"Here begin the torments of Hell proper" -Danta's inferno

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

First off, I'd like to answer the question that I'm sure to be getting at one point in time. Yes has been released already, and is playable. So feel free to go right ahead and play it.

Rep:
Level 96
Does it support a microphone?

EDIT: And are we allowed to make our own character graphics?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 04:37:41 AM by arrowone »

Microphone - no
Character graphics? Like a character creator? If that's what you mean, no not yet. But there is a special place to change the character's appearance.

Rep:
Level 96
All right, no mic. What I mean by graphics was: If I make a character graphic, of the correct size to be the same as the in-game graphics, would I be able to use it?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 11:35:11 AM by arrowone »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
This looks amazing... I bet some Massive script work went into it...

Does the amount of players effect the running ?

Clicked on your official site and it seems your frames have a very poor Height interger... They look very squashed into the top quater of mty screen

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 96
The same thing happened to me...

Sweet Idea! meh this is a must for me. Yeah and the small boxes on when i clicked the links.
Meh RPG Maker RPG is fun...un till i learn how to use it right with out screwin up

The amount of players? I'm not too sure, because it really hasn't had THAT many people. As for the site. I made it within a few hours because I was bored. I don't really put time into the site. For character graphics, you can't actually put them into it, I will have to. But you'll have to send them to me, for me to input into the game project. Eventually, all the graphics will be on the server instead of each individual client which they are currently, meaning you'll have to wait for a new version before using your graphic. Which might take between a week and 3 weeks at the most after each update.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I'm just surprised someone actually finally managed to do this. I am of course, not really interested. But it looks groovy. Keep up the good work.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
It looks pretty good. Sorry but I'm not gonna play, I don't like using RTP characters...let alone play using one. But thats not the main reason, I'm not into MMORPG's due to past exps so sorry. But the game looks pretty good from what I have seen so far, good job  ;D

~Winged

Rep:
Level 90
frame height is only a problem on IE get mozilla.. and u could use a new layout >_> want me to make u one? of course Ill make it the easy way (one pic iframes div layer) xP

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
frame height is only a problem on IE get mozilla...

Hey, you mispelled Opera there.

@Icedmetal57: For some reason I have the feeling you will love this script here:

http://rmrk.net/index.php?topic=3264.0

But if you use it I might hack my savegame anyway, since I know the code, lol. Not that it will be easy... >.<
I might join and if you make it possible to have your own character graphic, I will surely join! :)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 12:50:39 PM by Blizzard »
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
If i finish this quickly enough, I'm gonna be a robot. I lurvs teh robutts...

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I will make myself a kick ass character! :very evil laughing:
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 96
More people need to join this awesome game.

Rep:
Level 96
This topic totally deserves bumping.

Rep:
Level 90
Just so u guys no the server is curently down do to Vans... he spammed it up

Rep:
Level 96
That guy ticks me off...

TO ALL NEW USERS: Vans is a JACK OFF. AVOID HIM. Also, be advised that he can cause EXTREME lag through the messenger tool.