RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
An Age Of Terror

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Alright, guys. This is RPG number one for me, and I like the idea behind it. In this game, you loyally serve a ryzorna, a mythical beast who has the wings of a dragon, the body of a bear, and the head of a human. At one point in history, these ryzornae divided the land of Silyria into different territories for them to rule. They all made a pact to stick to their territory and their territory alone. Unfortunately, the pact was broken a few hundred years later by the infamous ryzorna Griakhra, who eventually took himself out along with all of the ryzorna race. All but one. One ryzorna, Zerkhrin, had the sense to hide away and let the rest of his race annihilate themselves so that he had full control of Silyria. Unexpectedly, however, Zerkhrin lost his magical abilities with the loss of his race, and so he is unable to control the nation. Eventually, he learns of a way to regain his powers. He must find the 96 living people who have the mark of Lithran, the brand one gets when one enters the Military of Light. This military, by the way, is one that had been fighting constantly against the ryzornae for hundreds of years. Now that they are disbanded, it is near impossible to find them. However, it is your job as the servant of Zerkhrin to find these 96 remaining warriors and bring them to Zerkhrin in order for the figurehead of evil to rise once again.

I might change the physical attributes of the ryzorna, by the way.

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 12:27:22 AM by Zypher »

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
Sounds cool...

suggestions:
isnt 96 a bit of a...random number...? i dont know about you but it seems pretty wierd
Are you gonna find all of these people at once?
Or a seperate story line for all of them?(if so, 96 levels would be pretty tough)
Mini Game Island
Maps-100%
Characters-90%
Full Game-60%

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
You need to post a screenshot.

(Hey, where did the topic with that rule go?)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Oh, that I did not know. Lemme go make up a quick one.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Sounds cool...

suggestions:
isnt 96 a bit of a...random number...? i dont know about you but it seems pretty wierd
Are you gonna find all of these people at once?
Or a seperate story line for all of them?(if so, 96 levels would be pretty tough)

It'll work sort of like a cross between Suikoden and Pokemon, kind of. You'll have to find each one seperately, yes. But I don't see why that would be tough.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
it would only be tough if a few people were hidden VERY well. Actually hiding a couple of them really well may be a good idea. Also do you have to fight any of these people?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
it would only be tough if a few people were hidden VERY well. Actually hiding a couple of them really well may be a good idea. Also do you have to fight any of these people?

Maybe, maybe not. It depends on whether or not they choose to come quietly. It's like they're being arrested. Some people will follow without a peep, some will try to kill you. And that may be the toughest part about this. You cannot let ANY of the people you find die. If they do, the plan is over, and so is your game. You see, if someone dies in this game, they die for good. If you die, the game ends. If any of the captives die, the game ends. However, if a mercenary of yours dies, the game is not over although that mercenary will be gone forever.

Hobbit man!
They mapping need some work because its too square like for trees try making them more random like placing them over each other and put some in the dirt in the middle.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
They mapping need some work because its too square like for trees try making them more random like placing them over each other and put some in the dirt in the middle.

That was rushed. I've been doing database work only so far. I hadn't done anything with the map at all, and I needed a screenshot to keep the thread open.

Hobbit man!
That was rushed. I've been doing database work only so far. I hadn't done anything with the map at all, and I needed a screenshot to keep the thread open.

Dont worry I just think if rush the map know its sets a low standard to start off with so you want to start out with your best

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I respect that.  :-)

I'm at a fork in the road, though. Should I do an overworld map? I really don't like the concept of it, but it'd make the 96 warriors easier to find.

Hobbit man!
I respect that.  :-)

I'm at a fork in the road, though. Should I do an overworld map? I really don't like the concept of it, but it'd make the 96 warriors easier to find.

I dont like overworld maps personally because they arent really realistic I would just make them all connected and make some of the 96 liek hdden away in the dungeon of a dragon king or some kinda crap like that

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah, that would make sense.

I was thinking of making a "Lithran Compass" or something of the sort that gave you vague hints on where the people were. Finding this could be the introductory mission for the game. It would also make finding all 96 people much more feasible.

Rep:
Level 89
for the find 96 peeps part, why dont you find 5 at a time, just to make it easier
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Definately skip the overworld thing. They're a tad Clche.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
for the find 96 peeps part, why dont you find 5 at a time, just to make it easier

That would seem too unrealistic though. Most of these old war heroes go back to their home towns and cities, trying to rebuild their shattered lands. There may be cases where 2 or 3 live together, but I can't have them organized in groups like that.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I drew some concepts of what the hero might look like. Sorry about the bad quality.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Maybe some them will live in the same town? Like 4-5 of these people in each town? I think if they're in the same town but live seperately it would be beliveable.

Rep:
Level 89
something like that i guess
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Maybe some them will live in the same town? Like 4-5 of these people in each town? I think if they're in the same town but live seperately it would be beliveable.
This could be feasible, at least for the large towns and cities. I'd like to have half of the 96 people live in villages and shacks and such, because it would seem even more believable that a man who had lost everything during the second Ryzorna War couldn't afford to reside in more populated areas.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Well maybe some of the ones that live in cities could be homeless?

Also I'm going to dl the demo when it's available. The idea is better than alot of stuff that's been tossed around.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.  :-D

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Bahahahahaha. This game's on the front page now, awesome.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Yeah! Too bad I've abandoned the project! At least with RPG Maker! I'm still working on the whole game universe though! Exclamation points!

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Haha, I'm still working on Darkwurld! I win!

<3
Rep:
Level 90
lol, 96=69

anyway, I like the story line and the goal is interesting, I like how the main character is helping evil raise again.

this sounds like a diffrent type of game, I would like to see the demo come out soon  ;)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I told you I'm not working on this anymore. I'm waiting until I learn some Java, and THEN construct a game. I'm still doing work on the Broken Sheath universe though, if you'd like info on it feel free to IM me at DJ Zypher, or MSN me at xeppelin@msn.com.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Some times.... People make me want to smack my face into a brick wall.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I told you I'm not working on this anymore. I'm waiting until I learn some Java, and THEN construct a game. I'm still doing work on the Broken Sheath universe though, if you'd like info on it feel free to IM me at DJ Zypher, or MSN me at xeppelin@msn.com.

I know, but I still wanna see you rush a demo or game cause I love the story line, what I really ment was *wink* *nudge* *hands over money* lol

~Winged

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
ZOMG A whore! I hope you have a vagina, or that would of been the creepiest post in the history of posting posts.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'm glad you love it. After I'm done drawing maps I'm laying out the history of Golt (the planet on which Darnon, the continent on which Syliera, the province, is located). It's a bit confusing. I'd make a topic for it, but I don't know where. General Chat, or Creativity Outlet? Or Spam, heh.

<3
Rep:
Level 90
ZOMG A whore! I hope you have a vagina, or that would of been the creepiest post in the history of posting posts.

Umm...I'm gussing you think that post was crap? And yes, I have a vagina and I am really confused with why on earth are you thinking it was crap? Well if explaining why I wanted to see a demo of it was crap then I guess I lost a part of my brain....

~Winged

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Winged, you don't have to put your name at the end of your posts. We know who you are. =)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
She can put her name if she wants

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
It's still silly. It's like if I was talking to you guys on IRC and said "~Zypher" after every message.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
no because IRC is different,. In IRC you say waaaay more than one message a minute.
Plus, saying your name after a message is said, sounds more professional and lets people know that thats your take on things.

~Dr_Sword

<3
Rep:
Level 90
lol, sorry if it annoys you but its a habbit, i can't help it

~Winged...lol

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
That's alright. This could even be the next big forum trend. Spread it around, guys!

~Zypher

Definately skip the overworld thing. They're a tad Clche.

plz dont use overworld map!!! THEY SUCKS lol

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
I'm not. I'm not even making the game.

By the way, I'm learning Java right now. Once I do, the game will be an isometric one, an ARPG, similar to Diablo but with many more features.