RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
not really convincing me .... Aya = speed, hands down.
if you can't figure that out, maybe make it so Sakuya being in the party makes it so it's preemptive only? x-x ... or if you can't figure that out ... uhm ..... make it so she can access the shop at any time? x-x (obviously, certain areas locked)

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
That would also mean I'd have to go into every event ever and fix them from Sakuya to Aya. Which can get....pretty tiresome mind you lol. That's a pretty big reason there too for now anyways.

I COULD make duplicates of tilesets and have those deal with the special formations (means I'll have to double up on every tileset in the game, one for normal, and another for Sakuya's ability, if I do that. Does anyone know if that's possible to do?). If I can do that, THEN I'll give Aya Sakuya's ability.

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Fine, be lazy >~>

Rep:
Level 85
Hey! I has right to be no? :v

In other news, before I go to sleep, more stuff! This time, for possible abilities/attacks, both for enemies and allies. Need to check up on whether these can be done as well, maybe in a thread or something...

Angel Whisper (FFVII version, give to Hope. FFTA version, give to Mokou at multiple levels)
Level 2 Sleep/Level 3 Confuse/Level 4 Disable
Acid (Random status effect)
Death Claw (Reduce to 1 HP and inflict Paralyze).
Moon Flute (Turn into Mad Rush for Momiji's command).
Vampire (Drain + Sap)
Level ? Holy (Deals damage to all whose level is a multiple of the last digit of Yen) [Need to see if this can be done in 2k3]

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well, I'm capable of doing stuff on Windows now, so that's good ...  I'll be of much more use now, since I can do that.

Rep:
Level 85
I still need to figure out how to code Disease yet...it's rather confusing I must say, setting it up the right way. Not sure how to set up the Max HP values so that one doesn't overwrite the other at any given time...@_@

Rep:
Level 85
Full list of what I have in mind for new stuffs! Do give me input on these (and even better if you know if these can be done or not).

Angel Whisper (FFVII version, give to Hope. FFTA version, give to Mokou at multiple levels)
Level 2 Sleep/Level 3 Confuse/Level 4 Disable/Level 5 Break
Moon Flute (Turn into Mad Rush for Momiji's command).
Vampire (Drain + Sap)
Level ? Holy (Deals damage to all whose level is a multiple of the last digit of Yen)
Prime Level Death (Instant death to all whose level are a prime number)
Angel's Snack (Give to Hope. Uses a Faith item for each party member in party)
Hastebreak (Slow on non-Haste characters. Stop on Haste characters)
Rippler (Trade statuses with one target)
Traveler (Deals damage equal to number of steps taken / 32)
L4 Suicide (Reduces HP by 9/10 if levels are equal to a multiple of 4)
Degenerator (Inflicts Instant Death and removes target from battle)
Night (Sleep on all targets in battle)
Angelsong (Regen on all allies)
Aqua Bubbles (Water damage + Sap)
Bleed (Inflicts Sap)
Invert (Switch HP and MP)
Pox (Inflicts Disease)
Pulsar Wave (Non-elemental damage + Disable to all)
White Breath (Ice damage + Stop)
Judgment (Holy damage + Stop)
Bewitching Gaze (Charm + Slow to one)
Destroyer (Increases ATK/DEF/MAG)
Gil Snapper (Receive Yen equal to damage taken. Make % chance. Possibly Marisa innate)
Replenish MP (Regain 20% of damage taken as MP)
Unscarred (Attack/Defense/Magic +50% if HP is at full)

Critical abilities for equipment (Such as Critical: Haste, Critical: Berserk, etc)?

Do give me input on these guys! They may show up in the game for both enemies and allies...also still need help on coding Disease! @_@

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Gah!  Bamboo Forest is still broken x-x  I had to change the code or it wouldn't let me go any further ...

Rep:
Level 85
What happened now?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
In the area of the Bamboo forests with the sign before that's apart of the map that you fight Reisen and Tewi, the second sign you go to doesn't activate.  I had to change the code for the first sign so that the first time you view it instead of adding 1 to the varriable, it sets the variable to 1.

Rep:
Level 85
Second sign....is that the 2nd sign puzzle or the 3rd?

Overall the entire thing needs revamped. If you look at my Bamboo Forest vid on my YT channel, you'll see just HOW messed up it really is...I think the entire forest just needs redone in terms of puzzles and layout anyways...

Rep:
Level 85
Update patch! Comes fresh with new bugfixes! Still need to work on some statuses though, but hey, bugfixes!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZZ966HEO

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
The first sign is the one that initiates the puzzle and allows you to reset the puzzle.  The second sign is the one you go to right after that (the upmost one)

Rep:
Level 85
Oh yeah, that one. That entire puzzle needs revamped anyways (well, the entire forest in general does).

Rep:
Level 85
So, I've decided that Koishi's Blue Magic list needs revamped badly. She just seems too generic really (and she needs to be more unique). So, I'm going to post all of her Blue Magic spells here, and you guys can help decide which goes and which stays! And then afterwards, I shall post what I have in mind for the new spells. So, the current list is as follows:

Flare Breath (Base 400 Fire damage to all enemies)
Flame Star (Base 700 Fire damage to all enemies)
Flame Stone (Base 1200 Fire damage to one enemy)
Salamander Shield (Base 2000 Fire damage to all enemies)
Ice Storm (Base 400 Ice damage to all enemies)
Diamond Edge (Base 550 Ice damage + Berserk to one enemy)
Judgment Bolt (Base 800 Thunder damage to all enemies)
Lightning Orb (Base 1100 Thunder damage to one enemy. Ignores Defense)
Heaven & Earth Press (Base 500 Earth damage to one enemy)
Six Earthquakes (Base 200 Earth damage to all enemies)
Wind Sickle (Base 400 Wind damage to all enemies)
Tsunami (Base 500 Water damage to all enemies)
Dragon Bullet (Base 2200 Holy damage to all enemies)
Pandaemonium (Base 4000 Holy damage to all enemies)
Paschal Moon (Base 2900 Shadow damage to one enemy. Drains HP and ignores Defense)
Chaos Drive (Base 600 Shadow damage to all enemies)
Doomsday (Base 800 Shadow damage to all enemies)
Poison Mist (Base 45 damage + Poison to all enemies)
Pollen (Base 20 damage + Sleep to all enemies)
Ink (Blind to all enemies)
Gathering Oni (Death to one enemy)
Offense Down Omega (-20 Attack to all enemies)
Defense Down Omega (-20 Defense to all enemies)
Death Lance (Base 2500 Ghost damage + Death to one enemy)
Fireworks (Base 1500 physical/magical damage to all enemies)
Scarlet Weather Rhapsody (Base 3000 damage to one enemy)
Flare (Base 1500 Fire magic damage to one enemy)
Freeze (Base 1500 Ice magic damage + Freeze to one enemy)
Bio (Base 500 magic damage + Poison to one enemy)
Bioga (Base 1500 magic damage + Poison to one enemy)
Heal (Restore 200 HP to party)
Aura (Restore 5000 HP + all statuses to one ally)
Full-Cure (Restore all HP to one ally)
Holy (Base 4500 Holy magic damage to one enemy)
Shadow Flare (Base 4500 Shadow magic damage to one enemy)
Drain (Drains base 300 HP from one enemy)
Drainra (Drains base 600 HP from one enemy)
Drainga (Drains base 1400 HP from one enemy)
Meteor (Base 4000 magic damage to all enemies)
Ultima (Base 5500 magic damage to all enemies)
Mighty Guard (Regen + MP Regen + Blink + Protect + Haste to all allies)
White Wind (Restores HP to party equal to Koishi's HP)
Nova Storm (50% chance of reducing any target's HP in battle to 1. Works on allies and enemies alike)

That's that for her Blue Magic list. As you can see, it's pretty....well....not THAT diverse really. These are the ideas I had in mind (borrowed from the FF series of course):

Angel Whisper (FFVII version, give to Hope (Full-Life + Mini-Esuna). FFTA version, give to Mokou at multiple levels (Restore minor HP + Auto-Life)
Vampire (Drain + Sap)
Angel's Snack (Give to Hope?. Uses a Faith item for each party member in party. Or give to Koishi, and make it cure statuses that cannot normally be cured by other abilities?)
Hastebreak (Slow on non-Haste characters. Stop on Haste characters)
Rippler (Trade statuses with one target. May become Enemy Only)
Traveler (Deals damage equal to number of steps taken / 32)
Night (Sleep on all targets in battle)
Angelsong (Regen on all allies)
Destroyer (Increases ATK/DEF/MAG)

In addition to Blue Magic skills, there are also a chance of me making passive/equipment abilities. Also borrowed from the FF series, but ideas on these would be nice too!

Gil Snapper (Receive Yen equal to damage taken. Make % chance. Possibly Marisa innate)
Replenish MP (Regain 20% of damage taken as MP)
Unscarred (Attack/Defense/Magic +50% if HP is at full)
Critical abilities for equipment (Such as Critical: Haste, Critical: Berserk, etc)
Moon Flute (Turn into Mad Rush for Momiji's command. Moon Flute inflicts Berserk on the party. Mad Rush would inflict Berserk + Protect + Haste on the party).

In ADDITION, here are some new enemy skills that'll probably be seen in-game! Not all though possibly mind you!

Level 2 Sleep/Level 3 Confuse/Level 4 Disable/Level 5 Break
Aqua Bubbles (Water damage + Sap)
Bleed (Inflicts Sap)
Invert (Switch HP and MP)
Pox (Inflicts Disease)
Pulsar Wave (Non-elemental damage + Disable to all)
White Breath (Ice damage + Stop)
Judgment (Holy damage + Stop)
Bewitching Gaze (Charm + Slow to one)
L4 Suicide (Reduces HP by 9/10 if levels are equal to a multiple of 4)
Degenerator (Inflicts Instant Death and removes target from battle)
Level ? Holy (Deals damage to all whose level is a multiple of the last digit of Yen)
Prime Level Death (Instant death to all whose level are a prime number)

In addition, what does everyone here think of having 8-way directional movement in the game (since default is 4-way)? I've had this in the game since around beta1/2, but never put it into full use due to a bug with it, but now that it's (potentially) fixed, I could put it in for ya'll?

Do leave your comments on this! I really need help on this bit x_x;;
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:40:09 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
First post updated with Mediafire Alternative for now...

In addition to the reupload, updated patch as well as more music (hopefully I didn't miss anything?). The music MIGHT be turned into .ogg format...not sure yet.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:49:54 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
New link to TF files in first post. For those who are just now getting the game, you may need to get the Touhou Fantasy Essentials and the RTP (put the RTP files in the main TF directory, and let them copy themselves into the proper folders).

Rep:
Level 85
"Yeah, I think i understand what you're saying. How about having only very few monsters give exp, just items instead or remnants, i.e. teeth, skins etc. that you can sell or exchange? (quite a few rpgs do that, it's actually fun, imo)."

"Items that you can sell for EXP? Hmmm...that's actually an interesting idea. Though that could cause a lot of issues with the current game since most monsters drop crafting items for the Synthesis system in the game...unless I make a Synthesis Shop where you can buy the materials and/or craft them as well. Idseas, ideas..."

My reply to the person's idea on fixing EXP in another forum. I was thinking of making crafting items easier to obtain other than from chests/monster drops, by either being buyable or by being craftable themselves (more than likely, the lower leveled ones would have to be found, the mid-tier ones would have to be bought/made, and the high ones either only foundable or makeable). So there's a couple things here:

*Make Crafting materials buyable/craftable, ala Genius of Sapphieros/Devil of Decline?
*Make monsters not give EXP or give very little, and have items that can be traded for EXP, and have sidequests later that can give EXP (which is the original idea)?

A couple things to chew on I suppose for now.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/?9655uxiuc8feq6t

Update patch. Fixes a bug in Eientei with the Forest Maze puzzle...which I didn't realize until today.

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85
Ok, so some new things to add into this:

*Possible new command abilities:

**Magic Charge (Patchouli): Restore 20% Max MP to one ally/Restore 20% Max MP to one ally at the cost of 20% of Patchouli's Max MP

**Souleater (Remilia: Sacrifice 30% Max HP to deal damage to all enemies (haven't decided on Multiplier. Might be based off of a % of Max HP lost. So if HP was 9999, and multiplier is 33%, damage would be 6666 then)

**Mad Rush (Momiji): Gives party Berserk + Haste + Protect.

Can still use Command abilities for other characters that do not have them yet, if they can be done that is.

And as of now, Suwako now has 4 additional abilities:

*Brave the Elements (Grants Regen to party at the cost of 70% Max MP, up until level 5 where it grants both Regen and Bubble to the party)
*Seven Stones (Cost: 5% Max MP. Chance to inflict Disable on one enemy up to 50% at level 4, then 50% at level 5 including moderate Earth damage)
*Full Sakura Blizzard (Cost: 5% Max MP. Cures Curse at level 1, Curse and Disable at level 2, Curse/Disable/Heat at level 3, Curse/Disable/Heat/Disease at level 4, and then finally Curse/Disable/Heat/Disease/Sap/MP Sap/Power Break/Armor Break/Magic Break/Charm/Fear at max level).
*Frog God (Self-target buff, costing 10% of Max MP, that grants positive statuses up to level 4, starting with just Protect at level 1, then Protect/Regen at level 2, Protect/Regen/MP Regen at level 3, and finally Protect/Regen/MP Regen/Power Up/Magic Up at level 4.

Some gameplay changes that may occur:

*Party members might be fully customizable in that you will be able to choose anyone for your party, instead of having one character always in your party (for instance, you could switch Reimu out at any time instead of having her in the party for 3 full betas). In addition to this, depending on who the player chooses as the "leader", the battle theme will change accordingly.

*Skill shops will probably be done differently, in that the player will no longer have to buy skill books and spend forever using them to learn skills in the item menu. Instead, a shop will be set up much like the Synthesis shop, which will give details on the skill the player can buy, including the price, before automatically giving it to the player according to the skill levels. Monsters that drop skills...well, that'll be worked out later.

*Custom EXP system may also still be implemented as mentioned to deal with the EXP/Yen ratio problem (some don't think there's that much of a problem with EXP, but I think there's a problem with both)

That is what's new so far. Feel free to give feedback, suggestions, etc., since I'm in need of it on these ideas. I still need to give command abilities to other characters too, just to make them more unique. To make it easier, here's the following details on that.

Spoiler for:
Characters with Command abilities:

Marisa: Steal
Aya: Intel (Scan)
Meiling: Chakra (can be upgraded with character-exclusive weapons)
Nitori: Stock (FFX-2 Alchemist command)
Nue: Morph (Changes target into item if target's HP is less than 10. Needs changed to something more reasonable...)
Sakuya: Time Stop (100% Escape from escapable battles)
Komachi: Yen Toss (Gil Toss ability)
Sanae: Miracle (Think of it as a random effect, like in Earthbound. Needs revamped though...)
Byakuren: Pray (Restores 10% of Max HP to party)

Those without Command abilities as of right now:

Reimu
Patchouli
Remilia
Mokou
Reisen
Youmu
Momiji
Hope
Koishi
Yuuka
Advent Cirno
Yumemi
Yukari
Alice
Utsuho
Keine
Suwako

Rep:
Level 85
Pack for missing songs in the game:  http://www.mediafire.com/?22q20uozpma1aqy

Note that some of these aren't played at all in-game yet (so you can't find them in the debug room), so you'll have to listen to those by other means.

Rep:
Level 85
And now time for something great! This is for Hope (finally!). Keep in mind her concept art here:

And here:

And this is her ORIGINAL sprites (which were never finished and given to me by the original spriter. He vanished on me a long time ago and never saw him again):

Now, thanks to a request I gave to the person who did the overworld sprites that I'm using, we have THIS!

I have to say...it fits pretty darn well! Sure it's not as fancy as the original sprites, but it's still pretty darn good AND works with her concept art as well. I'd say it works, don't you?

Rep:
Level 85
And so, after quite some time of thinking of new things (and reading some tutorials of which I may use), here's what's new in the Ideas and possible updates in the near future for this game (as well as ongoing projects in Touhou Fantasy). Note that some of these have been mentioned before, but will be rementioned anyways:

*New command abilities. These include the following:

*Mad Rush (Momiji): Berserk + Protect + Haste to party
*Souleater (Remilia): Sacrifice 30% of Max HP to inflict non-elemental damage to all enemies equal to a 33% multiplier of HP sacrificed.
*Astrology (Patchouli. Command name pending): Allows Patchouli to grant elemental buffs to a party member's weapon. Can only have one buff on a party member at any given time (i.e. cannot have both Fire and Holy), and does not work in tangent with Hope's Pestilence command buffs.
*Pestilence (Hope): Unlike most of the other commands, this command will not give Hope access to Pestilence movesets (in fact, she might only get 1 out of 3 abilities at that from Pestilence). This works similarly to Astrology, in that Hope can grant one status buff to a character's weapon (i.e. grant Instant Death to a character's weapon to allow them to inflict Instant Death with regular attacks). Does not work in tangent with Astrology, and can only have one buff on a party member at any given time (i.e. cannot have both Instant Death and Poison).

*Gameplay:

*Hope: Hope in general may get revamped, in that her stats will change depending on what "mode" she's in. For instance, in her default "mode", her stats are unchanged, but in her "Fate" mode, her HP and Attack are lower, while her MP and Magic are higher. This may also include elemental and status resistances being changed too. Depends on whether or not the Class command can be done in this way.
*Koishi: As mentioned before, Koishi will be undergoing a revamp on her Blue Magics, mainly to make them more unique and less generic. Of course, this will more than likely hamper her playability as she'll no longer have access to 50 some odd abilities and instead roughly half of that, but consider this a balancing issue that needs fixed.
*Suwako: Suwako is undergoing a slight update with new moves, to accomodate for her lack of usability in the game.
*Updated HRCS system: This will include the ability to switch out any party members at any given time, without the need to have one party member in the party all the time (i.e. Reimu, Marisa, and Momiji), unless absolutely required to have them (i.e. Youkai Mountain, Blazing Fires of Hell).
*Custom EXP System: This will differ from the current EXP system, in that it will allow for more flexibility with level ups and custom statuses. This will remain in debug room until it is completely done and players have tested it (as well as with the statuses associated with it, those including Virus, Wounded, and Double EXP).
*Custom Skill Shop: To avoid having players constantly go into their menu to upgrade their skills, this will allow players to see what skills can be bought and what they do, as well as automatically learn them after they are bought (will still follow the same system as the current skill system). This too will remain in the debug room until fully done and tested by players.
*Overworld Field Abilities: Borrowed mostly from Defiant of Shrine Maiden. Also includes the ability to change the player's overworld sprite with a single button, which is meant to be used in tangent with this system. Depending on which character is on the map, different abilities can be used for different effects (i.e. Aya's allow the player to view the map, Marisa's allows the player to unlock locked doors and chests that don't require a switch or key to open).
*Updated Statuses: Still a work in progress. This will help with showing what statuses a character has on as to alleviate not knowing what is on a character due to 2k3's limitation. The statuses Disease, Freeze, Bubble, and Heat are all still a WIP as well and require being fully finished somehow, if possible.
*Updated Synthesis Shop and Crafting Items: Still a WIP. I feel that the Synthesis Shop won't be used at all due to how the materials are needed for the stuff in here, and feel that I may need to make a way to buy/make crafting materials (or have an easier way to get crafting materials obtainable). Open to ideas on this one.
*Enemies: Enemies may get fixed up so that regular physical attacks will do more damage and not have the physical skills completely rape them otherwise. In order to do this, I'll have to separate the physical attack tag for regular weapons from the physical attack skills. Not hard to do, just time consuming.
*Dungeons: Depending on several factors right now. If the Overworld Field abilities goes through, then several dungeons will get revamped to fit in with this. If not, then some of the earlier dungeons will probably be revamped to be longer (i.e. Forest of Magic, Bamboo Forest, Eientei). This also includes fixing up puzzles and making them fairer, as well as implementing new puzzles into later dungeons (some of which I already have ideas for, but haven't worked on due to well...obviously not working on this game!).

For those wondering about the Elemental and Status buffs, reason why they don't stack is because I'll need a "Condition" for each element and status, so that when the character gets the buff, it activates a status that activates a common event to switch that character's weapon to a similar weapon but with different attributes. Note that there are roughly 13 attributes and 22 statuses that are in this game that can be used by the player...so in order to have ONE weapon with all possible combinations, that would be one weapon copied 286 times. Which is far too much even if it would make it more unique, considering the sheer size of this game. So there's the reason for those not stacking together. It gets knocked down to roughly 35 copied weapons otherwise. That should be good enough, no? And that depends if I MAKE some of these statuses usable by the player such as Charm and Sap.

So there's your updates on that! I'm fairly certain that there's others that I'm forgetting in this. If there are, I'll just post down below on this! A lot to come, and a lot to do...any help on this is still welcomed of course!

Rep:
Level 85
Hello again~ So I've been working on a few things in the game, and here's what I got so far.

1) I tried to update the HRCS system (you can get the HRCS in the debug room from far left fairy in main room. Ignore far right boat thing). I only tested this using Reimu and Marisa right now (the coding's there for everyone if you want to look at it to make sure it works right and/or if it could be done better). Basically, I set it so that if there's nobody currently in the party other than Kyouko (who's just a placement), then the first person is given the "Leader" status, otherwise, they get another slot in the party. Note that this probably WON'T work right now, because of the 2nd thing I was working on which kinda screws around some stuff.

2) I was trying to work on a party graphic changer system, which would later be used for (aside from not needing the Order command to have whoever you want on the field) for the Overworld Field abilities system. I haven't started THAT one yet though...

You can reach the map for this in the main room of the debug room by talking to the shoes. The only glitch/bug I see so far is that Marisa's sprite doesn't show up when changing (I don't know what I did wrong in the coding for that...). This is just an experiment in THIS map only, since I have no idea how I'd incorporate this into the actual HRCS room without screwing everything up. If you'd like to try to combine the two so that they work together, then go for it. If it'll make it easier, just use the four in this room as your tests in the HRCS room, since it'd be cumbersome to have it tested on everyone right now (you'll have to turn on the character's switches for them to show up in their. For instance, the Sakuya_Acquired and Patchouli_Acquired switches will need turned on. Those should be in the early parts of the switches so shouldn't take long to find. For more testing with the ghost, you'll need at least End_SDM_Event switch on for it to appear).

So there's all of that. I did update my blog last night with a crapton of other things that I need to work on (there's also a new thread I did last night which I'm actually curious on whether or not it can be done). If anyone can help with this, I'd much appreciate it ^^

Link to update stuff:

http://www.mediafire.com/?0t87fe53sql6m9o

NOTE! This is only for testing purposes! If you try to play the game normally with this file, things WILL screw up! Again, this is only for testing purposes! There are several other things that need done, but I'm trying to get these taken care of first before moving on with plans!