RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Music Question

Rep:
Level 88
Keep on Baggin'
I'm pretty sure this is impossible, but is there a way to make it so that after a battle, when you go back to the map, the music picks off where it was instead of restarting?  It can get kinda annoyin if I have a longer song.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 10:12:56 PM by TeaBag »
Some friends mend.  Some friends depend.  Some friends lend.  Some friends send.  Friend.

Rep:
Level 88
I thought about that also.  If you can, I'd like to know too :P

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Maybe if there was a way to edit the scripts running the game to 'memorize' and 'play memorized' rather than just stop/restart...

Rep:
Level 88
Like start a timer when the music starts and save it to a variable, then pause the time for battles and when it done, then it picks up where it left off by skipping to where it says to in variable.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
In RPG MAKER 2000/2003 there are two ways to this that I know of.
The first way is to make the battle and victory music the same music as the level music therefore the music will never change.

The second way is pretty messy and has its problems.  You make your battle music a wave file so it can be considered a sound effect.  For every monster group you have, in their battle events tab make it so it plays the battle music sound effect file and make it play the level music but change the volume to zero.  Then make it turn on a switch called something like After Battle and turn off a switch called something like Before Battle. (This battle event will be activated by having the switch Before Battle On).  Then when you exit the battle have a auto activate switch in the level that only works if the After Battle switch is on.  Have this auto event turn off the battle music sound effect file, play the level music at full volume, turn on the Before Battle switch and turn off the After Battle Switch.
NOTE:  With this method, you can not have victory music and sometimes the battle sounds effects screw with the battle music sound effect and turn it off.  Also the level music does not stop playing.  For instance if you are in the level and before you get into the battle u walk around for 20 seconds so 20 seconds of the level music went by.  Lets say the battle took 30 seconds.  When you get out of battle the level music will start playing at 50 seconds and not 20 seconds because it was playing in silence during the battle

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
I'm pretty sure this is impossible

Except somebody is wiling to rewrite/rescript the entire RMXP sound engine then yes, it's impossible.
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
yeah, that's basically it for a small, barely noticable thing.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon