RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Materia script with Party Change script Error

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
So I'v tryed as hard as i can to fix this issue on my own, and it might be just a strait compadability problum
These are the scripts I'm using
* Party Manager (v1.1c) By: Prexus
* Materia System (FF:VII) By: SeptharothSpawn and coded for VX by Atoa

Both of these scripts work (I have tested them seperatly and they go just fine)
But when BOTH are used I get an error message stating...

===================================
Script 'Materia System' line 772: NoMethodError occurred
undefined method '*' for nil:NillClass
===================================

I'v attached the scripts in .txt format

Anyone have any clue on how to go about fixing this error?
Thankx In Advance :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:27:36 AM by aenima85 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 68
RMRK Junior
So I got ahold of Atoa and apperently it is a compadabilty issue between the scripts.
The bad news is Atoa feels it's not nessicary to worry about this cuz they dont use VX anyways apperently
Needless to say i felt pretty shuned.
You think the creator of a script would LOVE to hear about issues with there codes and try to fix them but apperently Atoa is just not interested and not going to do it.
Witch dose bring some good news in all this.
Basically saying it CAN be fixed.
Now if only I wasn't such a script n00b lol :P
Guess i'm ganna have to dish out some money and go to the RGSS2 class in my town.
Unless someone wants to be nice and maybe take a look at this :D
I'd be forever greatfull

Oh and PS
Im ganna say this cuz I did say i was a n00b. YES, i do know that i can creat a party change system using in-game veriables and if all else fails thats what im going to do and already know how to do this. It would just be nice to have a kewl little menu rather then walking around in a memory recall place picking out chars by talking to them :S but if push comes to shove thats where im headed
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:52:21 AM by aenima85 »

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
RMRK Junior
i found a solution
well Milhouse did
on first view it work really fine
i had the same problem and i asked him to look at it

just copy both scripts to replace the other it work fine