RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
How to make something happen when your actor levels up?

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
What the topic asks... How can I make an event trigger when my actor levels up. And how can I show that my actor leveled up other than that little phrase that says level up under your characters stats after a fight.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You can set conditional branches checking your characters' levels. So, just make a parallel process checking if you player is LVL.X and if so, then something happens, then turn it off or (since it's parallel process) it'll keep repeating.

How do I make the branches exactly? I don't see anything in conditional branches that checks a actors level.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Ooo. You're right sir. XP is being a bastard. I was thinking VX. VX can do that, but it's not a problem, I can tell you how a conditional branch can check a player's level using variables and a conditional branch. Only 1 extra step.

Make a Common Event, set it to parallel process and what ever switch you want to turn it on.
In the event commands, make a variable. Say for instance Variable:0001. Make V.0001: == CharacterX's Level (You can set variables as character's levels). THEN make your conditional branch, and instead of directly checking a character's level, you can check the variable you set for them, since that variable will always equal that character's level. So If V.0001: == 15, then, some stuff happens. etc. You'd have to set a variable for each character though, same as you would have to with the conditional branches and what-not.

How DO I make like a switch to level up. Like when you level up it will activate a switch. Because, what I am trying to do is once I level up it opens a screen that lets me edit my character with points. Like a level up system but I need my character to level up in order for the screen to appear.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Yikes, I would suggest here that you go with a script then. Not to dock you or anything, but if you're not sure how to make a switch, I would say that this kind of level event system is out of your league. Though to answer your question, when you make the common event and set it to a parallel process, the switch drop down menu will not be greyed out anymore any you can pick a spot. So pick any number and name it. What that means is that, if the switch number you chose is turned ON somewhere, then that common event is active constantly until that switch is turned OFF. So since it's a level event system, it would be best to have a common event per level as to save on the number of processes running. So for instance, in your first common event, if Variable:0001=Aluxes Level, is == 2 (which means, if Aluxes is level 2) then *Show your screen and stuff here*, and turn OFF the switch used to turn the current common event ON. (So basically, turn off the event you're running right now) and to finish it off, Turn ON a different switch to start the next event which checks if your character is level 3 yet. 1 common event per level, each common event needs a different switch. You could probably get away with running a few of the common events at the same time by using the same switch for like 4 or 5 of the common events then turn that one off and a new one on for common events 6-10. I'm just trying to think of ways to reduce lag, because this system's real problem is the lag it's going to create checking a ton of things constantly. It gets more complicated with more players/characters you have. Also, to anyone else, I know there are more compact ways of doing this, but this seems the easiest for him.

Ok, are you trying to do this in battle or outside of battle?
This wouldn't do well in battle lol. You can't really get EXP inside of the battles the way they're set up now until afterwards, unless he edited the battles somehow so that after each use of something he gains a little EXP each time or if it's set up in an ABS of sorts. :p

Yea, I don't know a damn thing about ruby scripting and every time I try to put scripts from here into my game something always goes wrong either I don't have the right thing or i don't now how to call the event or anything like that, which makes RMXP for a me anyways a pain in the ass. lol As for what you told me, I don't know i might as well not do it if its this complex. Thanks for your help though, However, if anyone has any other suggestions or any way to show me how to make it work you can continue posting. Thanks in advance.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Hey there ya go. That should work just fine.

Rep:
Level 82
hello all, I'm still a beginner ...
You can set conditional branches checking your characters' levels. So, just make a parallel process checking if you player is LVL.X and if so, then something happens, then turn it off or (since it's parallel process) it'll keep repeating.
woow...
so we can use it,,,:o :o :o :o :o
thanks for the knowledge that you have shared:zwink: :zwink:
make creativity is still easy,
but make innovation is the challenge