RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sprites

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Is there anyway I can either easily transfer the character already on VX to use in a Side view battle or is there any way I can create them so they are singular ie. so they are usable in that mode?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
If by "create them so they are singular" you mean reducing an 8 character sheet into a 1 character sheet, then --> Crop the character's sheet you want into a 96x128 pixel sheet. (By itself). Then save the file with a "$" in the beginning of the name like this: $charactername.png

From there you can import that file and VX will recognize that it's a sheet that should be processed 3 tiles wide and 4 tiles tall.

Likewise, if you you don't include the '$' at the beginning of the filename, then VX will assume that the file is a character sheet that is 12 tiles wide and 8 tiles tall.

Also, you can use MSPaint, Gimp, or Photoshop to do any of this. MSPaint obviously comes on your computer, Gimp is a free program you can download that's similar to Photoshop and then there's Photoshop which you'll need to buy or pirate.

I attached 2 examples.
Example 1: $GoldArmorGuy.png is what I think you mean.
Example 2: Characters07.png is what you're removing it from and turning into Example 1.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 12:17:36 AM by grafikal009 »