RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Possible MP drain over time?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Does anyone know a way that it could be set that a character's MP (or SP or whatever you wish to call it) to drain over time on the map screen.  

For example, Perhaps a spell that would reveal secret doors that the character could activate and de-activate at will, but loses MP for every second (minute, 24 secs, ect) that it is active on the map screen.

I've tried messing around with it, but everytime I try to add any sort of time restraint, I throw myself into a never-ending loop of waiting...

Thanks in advance!

Edit:  Oops!  I forgot to mention that I'm using RMXP  >.<'
The only universal sin is ignorance.
The only salvation is knowledge.  -Socrates

Rep:
Level 91
using the skill should link to a common event turning skillon switch on

parallel process:

if switch(skillon) in on then
-wait 20frames (1 sec)
change sp(hero who used it or entire party or something) : -1

or something like that

if you do it by hero then make diffrent switches for each hero so that the para will know who to take mana from
holy shit my sig was big!

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Alright thanks, I'll give that a try!  It certainly sounds easy enough.
The only universal sin is ignorance.
The only salvation is knowledge.  -Socrates