RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] ITT: NAMKCOR posts poetry

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Hidden in Night
-----------------------------------------
Late in the night
when lieth the sleeper
hid from the light
the lonely night creeper
And this moonless night
so quoteth the creeper
does the darkness look so much deeper

on through the night
roamed the night creeper
'till behold he a sight
the noble night keeper
and upon the night creeper
bestowed a gift the night keeper

wrapped up in foil
a bow blood soaked red
the lonely night creeper was puzzled
and said
why this gift have you given me?
I am but a creeper
a lowlife you see
shouldn't gifts be for those
more precious to thee?

And smiled at he
did the noble night keeper
and said to he
the lonely night creeper
yes a lowlife you are
and yes but a creeper
and yes gifts are for those you hold dear
but soon my friend
soon you shall see
that that gift is truly meant for thee

And home he scurried
the lonely night creeper
scurried and hurried
from the noble night keeper
and set down the gift
and untied the bow
and ripped up the foil
and lifted the lid

And what my friends
was the lonely night creeper
given to him
by the noble night keeper
the box was opened
the trappings strewn
and inside the box
in the creeper's room

was nothing
----------------------

eh I try

« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 10:13:45 AM by boe »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I liked it actually. the word night was too repetetive though. I'd suggest giving the "night" keeper a new name.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it was meant to be repetitive
and why give the night keeper a new name?

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
I thtink it might be too repetetive, it trips up the rhythm I think. and I said to change the name to get rid of the "night"s. It's your poem though, so if you feel it works it works.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
well either way, thanks for the comment, I wish I could get some more

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Heheh.... NOTHING!

I love how you ended it off balance with a twist. It remind me of the surprise symphony.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Whoa, it's Tsuno. Didn't know he was still at the forums. Anyways, I feel like I've heard this before, but that feeling of Deja Vu comes to me way too much. Anyways, I liked it.

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
Whoa, it's Tsuno. Didn't know he was still at the forums. Anyways, I feel like I've heard this before, but that feeling of Deja Vu comes to me way too much. Anyways, I liked it.

You're probably thinking of "The Raven" by Edgar Alan Poe.
http://www.famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/edgar_allan_poe/poems/18848

It has a similar structure. There are probably poems closer than this, but I'm to lazy to search.

@NAMKCOR - Once again, great job. :^_^:
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Heheh.... NOTHING!

I love how you ended it off balance with a twist. It remind me of the surprise symphony.

thank you very much, that's what I was going for
glad you liked it

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol, the poem was very delectable and I wish to order it again sometime soon. Anyways, I also remember a poem of this format where there was a baseball player that builds up suspense to after the second strike and the n00b strikes out, lol.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it's a common thing to build suspense etc...

glad you liked it, thanks for the comment