RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Art by me =D

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Her name can be spelled Freya or Freja.

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
ah...i see. so whats her deal?

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
its good, but wtf is he doing?

No clue yet.  I'm thinking that he's giving aqueer sort of thumbs up.

and FREYA!   I remember her from star ocean and valkyrie(?) profile.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Ah, I thought he was biting his thumbnail.  I can't tell what his right arm/hand are doing, though.

I see that you're drawing guidelines to help with placement of the eyes.  My recommendation is that you stop doing that... guidelines are pointless...

That's just my opinion, though... If you find that they're helping you, you can ignore me. ::)

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
:)
hoe can you bite thumbnails-if theyre a on a computer?
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer
Why am I 'training wheels'??

Rep:
Level 90
~
Ah, I thought he was biting his thumbnail.  I can't tell what his right arm/hand are doing, though.

I see that you're drawing guidelines to help with placement of the eyes.  My recommendation is that you stop doing that... guidelines are pointless...

That's just my opinion, though... If you find that they're helping you, you can ignore me. ::)

Guidlines can be good.  I know I use them, but I don't use them to determine the size of the eyes, it helps me shape teh head.

Anyway, Lavata, the left arm is completely off proportion

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
I usually shape heads by drawing the right and left sides of an oc-thing-like-a-circle and then at the top, put the hair, and the bottom ha a kind of upside-down triangle, like: \_/

--HAIR--
   |  00 |  <Like so (Do you like my eyes there?)
   |       |
   \      /
    \__/

For eyes, I draw a feint triangle and and an oc-thing-like-a-circle on it's side with points at the right and left ends, on top of that, then make the triangle inside of the oc-thing-like-a-circle a darker shada, then colour it.

________
    /     / \        \       <Like so
   /     /   \        \
   \    /     \       /
    \_/____\_ /
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

She's a Godess of Magic, Fertility and sometimes War. So basically She's The Goddess of Feminism. Plus she's like erm, better looking than any mortal woman could ever be.  When I go to Valhalla I'm so going to be drolling over her when ever She stops by....

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I draw them almost the same way.  I don't know why I used guidelines for the eyes though...they don't sem to work.  Well, they possibly do, but just not for me.   I do better without them.  I even knew that before I put them there =\

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

She's a Godess of Magic, Fertility and sometimes War. So basically She's The Goddess of Feminism. Plus she's like erm, better looking than any mortal woman could ever be.  When I go to Valhalla I'm so going to be drolling over her when ever She stops by....

same. probably. wait, so you actually follow the old norse religon? sweet.

mostly, i need guidelines to do well, otherwise my faces end up oddly. i have tried without them, but, alas, to no avail.

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...

same. probably. wait, so you actually follow the old norse religon? sweet.

Why do you think I talk about Thor as much? HAIL ODIN!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
odin's pretty sweet.

Lav- draw ODIN!

no, i shall draw ODIN!

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
Norse son of a Bish...

I like to look at how people depict great leaders-It really shows you how deep someone can be. I have a freind that drew Jeses as a hippy back in college days. She thought It meant a lot. I thought it was funny. I lol'd, I did.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yes.  You go draw odin. >.>

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
well, i mean, you can.

honestly, you need to post some more art so this topic doesnt drown in spam.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

Yet another sketch of one of my many characters.  This one is the most new.

So hows this? am I getting any better???

Rep:
Level 90
~
That is certainly better than any of your other artworks.  Your arm lengths are getting better.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yay.  Thanks.  I think so to.  Still...I need to get used to drawing fingers >.<

Rep:
Level 90
~
Ha.  Lavata, do you have MSN/AIM?

I'm pretty sure I remember you having MSN and then you just dissapeared one day...

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
roight. So for your latest drawing, its good, but something about your eye style bugs me. there's nothing wrong with it, persay, it just reminds me of that noob-otaku style thats so generic and everybody uses it. Anyways, its good besides, just make it a bit more curvacious and shape the arms a bit more. nobody ive seen has arms like that. ever.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, I have MSN.  I'll send ya my E-mail via PM

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
She looks a bit of a... princess.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nice work Lavata, nice and long topic too ^_+
Arlen is hot.

Training Wheels
Rep:
Level 89
congrats on beating me. garrgle.
  • Web designer
  • Music producer/DJ
  • Graphic Designer

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
roight. So for your latest drawing, its good, but something about your eye style bugs me. there's nothing wrong with it, persay, it just reminds me of that noob-otaku style thats so generic and everybody uses it.
Haha, that's what I've thought, too, but I'm too nice to say it. :)