RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ChainFlat Productions

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
So I've started my first game. The fighting system is completely controlled by me, such as the show animation feature. So basicly, your matches are preplanned.

This is a wrestling game I've named Wrassle[dot]Net, in respect to the actual website, which can be found here:

http://www.wrassle.net/

There are a total of 6 federations. You must go through 4 regional federations in order to get to the two nationals.

To my knowledge, this is the only Wrestling RPG that has ever been made using RPG Maker and it's 99+ dates. (I use XP).

I'm currently working on one federation, namely the Canadian Wrassling Alliance (CWA), which is obviously based in Canada. Next is the Desert Renegade Wrassling (DRW), based in Las Vegas, Nevada. Then, Titan Wrassling Federation (TWF), in Miami. And for the last regional, Ultimate Wrassling Federation (UWF), will be in Chicago, Illinois. The two nationals, Universal Carnage Enterprises (UCE), and Next Generation Professional Wrassling (NGPW) are the last things to work on. UCE is based on Coney Island, New York, while NGPW is in Tokyo, Japan.

No worries. Each federation will have about 2 hours worth of gameplay and wrestling nature, thus making the total game time around 12-14 hours, depending on if I add in extra features.

I'll be sure to keep you all updated.

~ChainFlat Productions.

Also, if anyone wants to help with the progress of the game, you can instant message me on MSN at chainwdn@hotmail.com

I am looking for sprites and tilesets. The thing that would help the most, of course, is an actual tileset for a ring. A panorama would help as well, but if not, I can make one.

Alright. I just added a storyline to the CWA federation. This will continue until the first contract is up.

And if I had to guess, I would imagine the game will take at minimum a year to complete working by myself.

Here is the title screen I did for it, so as to stick within the rules...

I can't really give an explanation for a character, because the one you choose depends on your starting federation. And, of course, there are four choices.

**So I've decided to make a basic rulebook. I'm sure all of you know what the keys do, so this isn't actually for you. I'll be copying and pasting this in the place I'm making it for.**

You start out as an unknown man in the CEO of the WrassleNetwork's office. There, you pick a name to go by until you make it to the nationals. The names are: Vince McSpam (directed to CWA), King Booger (directed to DRW), The Cock (directed to TWF), and Unknown Jobber [Generic Man] (directed to UWF). When you make it to the nationals, you will be allowed to choose your own name, thanks to the guy that gave me the script for it.

When going through the CWA, in Canada, your angle (storyline) will be based around two factions. The Network, and The Blood Brothers. The Network involved Hype and Haley, while the Blood Brothers involves Lars and Alisterfiend. The CWA commissioner is Maverick. The maximum pay is 50 per win and 25 per loss in regionals. You will, no matter what, recieve this pay along with a 1000 signing bonus when in regionals.

More to come soon. I don't want to spoil it for everyone :)