RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Can these be done?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I had these ideas for my game, but I want to check if they can be done, so I don't waste my time. This is for RPG Maker XP

If they require specific scripts, pretty please, could you also link me them if you know them  :wink:

Anyway, here goes:

1.) A timer based section of the game, with certain events triggering after the pre-determined amount of time.

2.) A distance-based battle system. Basically, either frontal or side-view battle system, with the space between the monster(s) and the characters divided into 3 sections, basically named Near, Mid and Far. I want it so that certain weapons/spells work within a certain range and such.

3.) Can I put monsters with trigger names? As in, certain abilities/weapons in the game would do something different dependant on the 'type' of the monster for example. Like Dragonslayer (a sword), working better on monsters that register as 'dragons' and such.

4.) An invisible counter to count specific kills (link to the trigger name thing above). Like, how many 'human' creatures the person has killed and so forth.

5.) Make it so an ability would be triggered by the counter. (note, just tell me if it's possible, no script required, the game is still in it's VERY EARLY stages)

6.) Pass on a character's EXP and GP level to another character (I think this is possible, but I'm not sure how)

Uh, that's all for now. I know I'm too ambitious fo a wannabe RPG maker, but uh, this is going to be a solo and multi-year project, so I'd like to get alot of technical things out of the way as much as possible.[/b]

Rep:
Level 91
yawn...

1)timer operation button in event command, or otherwise if you want a bit more control of the timer (So you can slow it down or whateva) base it on a clock event
http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4361

2) script only or a complete battle system made in events which is fairly hard work and by that i mean "omfg avoid"

3) just make a new elemental in the elementals thingy, call it dragon and mark is as additional damage dealt when you make the dragon slayer sword
(like you would have done for fire elemental and so on)

4) here is a fun trick, battle events , trigger- first turn , variable( humans) +1 or stuff like that depends on what monsters you got in that battle group, you'll see what you got when you set it

true, you won't be slaying them but if you block run the only way to keep playing is to kill them

5) trigger the battle event by the variable(human) >=5
monster 1 2 and 3 = -999999 hp
or whateva the ability is
otherwise if you want skills make a paralell process outside the battle in every map looking like:

if variable(humanslays) >=5 then
-entire party: +humanomgyouarealldead skill

or anything of that sort

enter amount of exp transfer (input number)
change exp hero1: -inputted number
change exp hero2: +inputted number

(include a check if the inputted number is bigger than hero1's exp though)
holy shit my sig was big!