RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Begginer Problem :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
This is probly going to sound very stupid but:
I just got this program and I cant figure out how to use diffrent tilesets.  Is it only possible to have one tileset per map?

Rep:
Level 91
1-no question is ever stupid you lurn by asking questions
2-please tell us what RPG Maker you are useing

Rep: +0/-0Level 90
If you are using Xp...
You mean fusing them?
Like use the castle map and then switch to the forest map
And use them both at the same time?
join my forum

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
The only way to use more than one tileset per map is to combine them both in paint. In XP, the tilesets can be infinitely long going vertically. (Yet another time I've said this.)

It can't be done in 2k or 2k3.
:tinysmile:

I had the exact same question XD

Anyway, I'm using RPG Maker XP, and thanks HaloOfTheSun, but that means I have to manually add the additional tileset in Paint is it?

Sorry if I hijack this thread for another question, but this is also a Beginner's Problem.

Uh, how do I create my own character sets  :oops: I mean, do I just follow the pre-done character tilesets as guides, and draw my own in the exact same positions?

Also, how do I import my own monster creations into RPG Maker XP?

thats kinda dumb, so you cant like use water in a forest map:P

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest MemberFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Quote from: skinner15
thats kinda dumb, so you cant like use water in a forest map:P

Yes you can, by either using water autotiles, or by combining a tileset with water in it with the forest tileset.

Quote from: byakko
Also, how do I import my own monster creations into RPG Maker XP?

Import them into the Battlers- OMG my pizza is here.

Rep:
Level 90
That helped me too =P Also, enjoy your pizza
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

It would be great to have access to all of the tilesets at once but merging 50 tilesets together really is a bitch. If there is anyone who has already done this I would be most grateful if he/she can send the file to me. I was going to say that I'm lazy but I would rather say that I'm not crazy :P

Rep:
Level 89
ill work on that, ill try my hardest to make it good too
Badass, and a do'er not a thinker

Rep:
Level 97
Quote from: taleg
It would be great to have access to all of the tilesets at once but merging 50 tilesets together really is a b*tch. If there is anyone who has already done this I would be most grateful if he/she can send the file to me. I was going to say that I'm lazy but I would rather say that I'm not crazy :P

I think dwarra did it... I'll look in the Resources to see if I can find it.

EDIT: http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=53644&highlight=#53644

EDIT: http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5267

Bah, they're all just exterior, but it's a start.

Yeah i found the auto tiles while trying to figure out other stuff, but how do you use them?

Rep:
Level 89
Quote from: skinner15
Yeah i found the auto tiles while trying to figure out other stuff, but how do you use them?

Here is where I post Mass Tile sets for RMXP: http://www.crankeye.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5267

As for how to use the Auto Tile Sets:

Go To:
Database >> TileSet >> Auto Linking Tiles

How To Use:

The tilesets will appear on the tile set when you go to make a map. They appear at the top of the Tile Set in the Map Editor.....

If this is not what you needed...explain more...(better).