RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Help Making Cutscenes... :(

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Woot.
Alrighty, I know how to move events when you activate them... (Ex: You action button it, it says something and moves or whatever,) but how would I activate an event,  on the other side of the screen someone else moves. I need it so I can have someone walk onto the event, then have them stop, and some other people run up to the main character, to block his path or something.

Another thing: How would I have a cutscene? People, not the main character, moving around, talking, etc.

And finally, my last query: How might I have a screen, immediately after you start, have a cutscene. Like, for example, you start the game, and there's a scrolling screen, showing you the area, and it scrolls up to people who are npcs, walking around, and talking and whatever. ?_? At a loss.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
[Resolved]?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
yes, you can post anywhere you'd like  :lol:
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Woot.
Ohmai yes! Thank you! This helps much. As in, mucho much :3. I appreciate it lots! This'll definately bring along ma game. (It's taking forever as it is. ) So yush.

Edit: How might I go about fading into a scene and fading out? (ANOTHER THING! :3) How would I fade out of one scene and into another?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 07:43:58 PM by Azraelforprez »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Ohmai yes! Thank you! This helps much. As in, mucho much :3. I appreciate it lots! This'll definately bring along ma game. (It's taking forever as it is. ) So yush.

Edit: How might I go about fading into a scene and fading out? (ANOTHER THING! :3) How would I fade out of one scene and into another?
:o My God.
Read the tutorials!

Spoiler for Help:
Use Teleport and other event commands!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.