RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Easiest way to receive Item?

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I want a NPC to have an item. You go up to that NPC, then they give you that item, and it shows up in your inventory. This is propably the easiest of all questions, i'm just wondering. Thanks

make the event,and choose the command change weapons/items/defense items.then pick what you want,choose add and how many.

that should work.
Current project: Phoenix - The Eternal Legacy
A Clan Shadow Phoenix and Unholy Alliances Production
THE TEAM:
Seoxultima -uhhh....POO!
loonygamer-title screen,gameover,etc.
formina sage -lots of stuff,mainly skill systems
blizzard-credit system,tools,and other stuffs
DeathTrooper-battle graphics
Jesse 015-quests
pkmemanyp-quests
Slayer-dialogue production

ok. First make the NPC. Set it to action key, and for what the event does, put this:

First, a message. Put here what the NPC should say to you.

Second, choose "change items"(or "change weapons" if the NPC gives you a weapon or "change defense items" if they give you armor). a window will come up. click the drop down menu and select what item you want them to give to you.

Third, a message that says something like "you obtained a (insert item here)!" You can also add a Music Effect here.

Fourth, choose Local Switch Operation. choose Local Switch A to be turned on.

Make a second page to the NPC event. On this page make Local Switch A be required (check the local switch box at the left). On this page make the NPC say something but not give you the item. this will make it so the NPC wont give you the item every time you talk to it.

P.S. sorry if i went into too much detail

EDIT: lol

Well, what I actually wanted to do. (i had no idea what you were talking about switches. Although i did see the ones on the left) This is what I want to happen. NPC 1 gives you a "letter". He would like you to take this to NPC 2. NPC 2 then takes that item. And you no longer have it. How would i make NPC 2 take it from me?

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
conditonal brand, if letter in inventory

read this slowly,put it in the event,an i promise it'll work.just go slow:

ok,make event 1-we'll name him "bob"
and event two-"bin laden"
you make bob say,could you take this to bin laden for me?
then go to change items-letter+1
and pick switch operation.use switch one,name it letter.

then make bin laden's first page just say hi,or,i need a letter from bob.
then make a new page that,at the top left,has one of the switch boxes checked,and pick switch one.this tells the game that anything on this page NEEDS to have switch one activated to work.a conditional branch is NOT needed IF you make bob activate a switch.then make it change items-letter -1.then make it give you rewards,etc.lastly,say,local switch operation,local A.make a new page,requiring local A,and make it say,thanks for helping me back there!

you might not understand,but it'll work.
THE TEAM:
Seoxultima -uhhh....POO!
Jesse 015-quests
pkmemanyp-quests
Slayer-dialogue production

I see all that. And appreciate the help. Im using RPG MAKER XP. Im not to sure how to use the switches?

ok,try a switch tut,but here is a small one of my own:

switches are basically requirements to run a page of an event.its easy to understand,basically just that if a box at top left IS checked,and it says _____ switch must be ON/OFF it means that page will only run if the switch is set to that.by default,switches are off,so all you have to do,is in the event make it do switch operation,and turn it on.like,say.

bob:do you like cheese?
choices-
yes-switch 1(cheese)on
no:CANCEL

page two requires switch 1.
bob:have some on me!

in other words,bob will forever say do you like cheese,until you say yes.if you say no,itll return to  you walking and doing whatever,but when you talk to him,he'll always ask.once you say yes,he'll always say,have some on me!say,you make switch 1 turn off after the second message,then he'll ask,and if you say yes,he'll say have some on me next time you sepak to him.then he will reset,and loop the conversation.

did that help?
if not,find that person's(i forgot name,got a headache now...eeb!)siggy trhat says:

dont understand switches?
try _________'s tutorial!
THE TEAM:
Seoxultima -uhhh....POO!
Jesse 015-quests
pkmemanyp-quests