RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
event help

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
i am making a fishing/cooking system,and i want to make a fire making system too,so you can cook it anywhere.how do i make an event "portable"?like,to where when you push key"l"(<i know how to do with common events)
it makes an event pop up(a fire)and after a set time it burns down and disappears.

please help-
thanks in advance!
Current project: Phoenix - The Eternal Legacy
A Clan Shadow Phoenix and Unholy Alliances Production
THE TEAM:
Seoxultima -uhhh....POO!
loonygamer-title screen,gameover,etc.
formina sage -lots of stuff,mainly skill systems
blizzard-credit system,tools,and other stuffs
DeathTrooper-battle graphics
Jesse 015-quests
pkmemanyp-quests
Slayer-dialogue production

Rep:
Level 89
Have a place where you want the fire to be, change graphic, timer, switches.

Rep:
Level 90
You know, I hate you. You just say "1. switches. 2. Im a retard" They are asking for help, not asking what you use. tard. twat. gawd. [flame] you lose [/flame]
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

Rep:
Level 89
Ok I will give step by step instructions for the dim witted and those who do not want to experiment for themselves and always ask for help in the easiest cases. Give me a second.  :roll:

EDIT: Oh and btw Neko, you telling me that you hate me really hurts my feelings. Dude I don't even fucking know you, so tell your sentiments to someone else who gives a rats ass.

Example:

If you want an specific item to be cooked or whatever, make sure you set a conditional branch for that item being in your inventory. If it isn't in your inventory, make the "else" say something like..."you have nothing to cook!" or whatever.

Cheers

Rep:
Level 90
I dont "hate" you. Im just pissed that we can barely afford food... we are soo poor right now, and you annoyance has caused me to say I hate you. i am sorry.
Zxmelee says: I FUCKED A CHICK GEEZ
Neko says: I doubt it was a girl
Neko says: Was "she" working the corners?
Zxmelee says: Well, I was lying...
Zxmelee says: but, oh man. They were all over me
Neko says: With a few bucks
Neko says: That hapens

Pwnzorz'd

uhhh..i already knew ALL of that,but thanks anyway.i made a charset with that fire attached to logs,and what i WANT is to be able to make that event appear at the push of the l button.

understand?
Current project: Phoenix - The Eternal Legacy
A Clan Shadow Phoenix and Unholy Alliances Production
THE TEAM:
Seoxultima -uhhh....POO!
loonygamer-title screen,gameover,etc.
formina sage -lots of stuff,mainly skill systems
blizzard-credit system,tools,and other stuffs
DeathTrooper-battle graphics
Jesse 015-quests
pkmemanyp-quests
Slayer-dialogue production

Rep:
Level 89
Uhhhh...then you're going to need a script if you want to call an event just out of the blue.

Understand?  :roll:

ok.thanks^_^

EDIT,ABOUT 5 SECONDS LATER:like,an event spawner,script?