RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Diablo 3

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Damn I'm on a roll.

Diablo 3 hasn't been confirmed yet, but today Blizzard added a new forum...

http://www.battle.net/forums/thread-search.aspx?ForumName=d3-general

Diablo 3 General Discussion. Still unusable, but they are announcing a game soon and it could be D3.

Edit: Lol, though this may not be the case as there is also a Diablo 6 forum http://www.battle.net/forums/thread-search.aspx?ForumName=d6-general.

But that is as high as it goes.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 02:59:13 AM by Sora »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
the D6 forum is to throw you off guard.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Better watch this.
Diablo <3
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
http://eu.blizzard.com/wwi08/streams.xml BLIZZARDS NEW GAME IS ANNOUNCED IN AN HOUR ON THIS FEED

Rep:
Level 97
12:27 -- Deckard Cain is in the game. When talking to NPCs, the game appears to switch to an interface that highlights the character model. Have to rescue Cain from this cathedral.

12:25 -- Each piece of gear is custom designed for each class. Barbarian puts on demonic sort of garb with giant devil horns. Barbarian can hop across gaps on the map. Barbarian dislodged a rock wall and dropped it on zombies, killing them. Demoing moving whirlwind attack.

12:24 -- Red orbs that drop from enemies can replenish health without you having to use items. Talking about demon foes he's fighting, they have a summon ability. Barbarian's jumping attack covers quite a distance. Goes flying up staincase. Also appear to have a shockwave type of attack. Still procure items from bookcases. Blizzard touting interactive environment as an inportant feature. Barbarian triggers a trap chest that spawns four spectral enemies around him.

12:21 -- The axe guy is the barbarian class. Says improvements have been made, like the hotbar for skills. Using the mouse wheel and tab key you can quickly switch between skills. Whoing inventory. Appears to still have slot limits. Using enchanted axes with frost and lighting ,which stuns and freezes opponents.

12:20 -- It's apparently still an action RPG. Same interface -- red health and blue orbs. Skill bar at bottom. 3/4 overhead perspective. Character with 2 axes hacking at demons in what appears to be a foggy cathedral. Has a jumping attack where he smashes the two axes into the ground.

12:18 -- Footage of large scale battles, comets streaking across the sky, demons, Diablo 3 officially announced.

12:16 -- Lights going red...world premiere of Blizzard's newest game. Fire on the end of a stick, lighting a candle, it's a cinematic. Candle sits on a skull. Blizzard Entertainment logo in a stained glass display. Showing castle in a mountain range.

12:15 -- Announcement.....? Guy playing Diablo music on an acoustic guitar.

FFFFFFFFFFFUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Edit 200something: I want some necro updates please
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 10:29:30 AM by Sora »

Rep:
Level 97
TRIPLE POST FOR SCREENSHOT

Editing off this one now :3

12:36 -- Multiplayer will work over battle.net. Heads into a final fight against some gigantic moving trees. Final boss here, called siegebreaker assault beast, is absolutely gigantic, maybe around six or seven times taller than the player characters.

12:35 -- Witch doctor using a fire bomb spell. Can summon a wall of zombies that stays stationary, but the zombies in the wall flail their arms and do damage to their oponents.

12:33 -- Witch doctor can cast out locus swarm, which spreads between targets and deals damage. Can summon mongrel things that he can cast locust swarm on, which buffs their damage. Outdoor environment now. Quite pretty in that vibrant, slightly cartoonish Blizzard graphical style. Like with StarCraft 2 and it's similarities to the original, Diablo 3 looks and sounds, at least at a glance, quite similar to previous games. Witch doctor also has a mass fear type of ability.

12:31 -- Diablo 3 is first and foremost a co-operative game, says Blizzard. New Witch Doctor class can summon pets, control minds of his enemies, and cast diseases.

12:29 -- Barbarian can use ground stomp attack to get skeleton warriors to drop their shields, making them easy to take out. Cultist enemies must be taken out quickly or they transform into a more destructive force. Saying there's more story and questing type of stuff in the game. Scripted events like walls breaking apart. Cultists cummoning in gigantic, fat demon who's shock waves shatter stone pillars in the environment.

12:37 -- Demo ends. The crowd roars. Annnd, the hosts are back on.

WHAT THE FUCK I SAID NECRO NOT FUCKING WITCH DOCTOR

;-;-;-;-; Time to sleep now I guess.

DIABLOOOOO

« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 11:00:11 AM by Sora »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
OH MY GOD PURE AWSOMENESS

The thing looks damn awesome, Dr_Sword.
I...have seen the future!

With this thing out there, my crew better get working on a crack. >:3

I WANNA BE A BADASS WITH DOCTOR

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Does anybody have a copy of this that isn't cut off? I want to use it as my wallpaper.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, I cannot wait.
I have a feeling that they're only going to include 2 classes from the previous games, that's including Barbarian. Witch Doctor is definitely replacing Druid and probably Necromancer.
I reeeeeeeeally like the gender selection and one-space equipment (as in, equipment only takes up one space).  I'm hoping for some sort of Assassin/Rouge...and a buff class that isn't a cheap excuse for a warrior too.

EDIT:
Quote from: IGN
Jay Wilson, a lead designer on Diablo III, said the witch doctor is not a replacement for Diablo II's necromancer
=D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 02:35:32 AM by Junpei »

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I cannot wait.
I have a feeling that they're only going to include 2 classes from the previous games, that's including Barbarian. Witch Doctor is definitely replacing Druid and probably Necromancer.
I reeeeeeeeally like the gender selection and one-space equipment (as in, equipment only takes up one space).  I'm hoping for some sort of Assassin/Rouge...and a buff class that isn't a cheap excuse for a warrior too.

EDIT:
Jay Wilson, a lead designer on Diablo III, said the witch doctor is not a replacement for Diablo II's necromancer
=D
I hated Assassin in D2, but whatever floats your boat

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I cannot wait.

EDIT:
=D
I hated Assassin in D2, but whatever floats your boat

I never played it, I mean a ranged/melee class.

Rep:
Level 97

OM NOM NOM NOM

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I have never played the Original Diablo games but, this one looks so friggen awesome. The style of gameplay,the graphics and, animation is looking to impress more thean the orignal fans.
<3

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have never played the Original Diablo games but, this one looks so friggen awesome. The style of gameplay,the graphics and, animation is looking to impress more thean the orignal fans.
<3

Actually a lot of people on IGN were complaining that it looked to cartoony, I think it looks very stylish and fits just fine in the series.

OM NOM NOM NOM

That looks like some mighty fine Barbarian jerky  ;8

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Indeed this game is going to be awsome, but there is one thing many people dont know yet and that is if Blizzard (:=:) is going to charge for online play to whore money outta people like they do for WoW.

Hopefully they aren't assholes and keep Diablo 3 free like the originals. (Fingers Crossed)

Sig by MacGravel

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Indeed this game is going to be awsome, but there is one thing many people dont know yet and that is if Blizzard (:=:) is going to charge for online play to whore money outta people like they do for WoW.

Hopefully they aren't assholes and keep Diablo 3 free like the originals. (Fingers Crossed)

Nope, they said it's free.  :)
But thank god they didn't, because it something they totally would.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!

FREE!?
WOOHOO

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

FREE!?
WOOHOO

Uhhh, it's not an MMO, it's Battle.net, as far as I remember, Battle.net has always been free.

Rep:
Level 89

FREE!?
WOOHOO

Uhhh, it's not an MMO, it's Battle.net, as far as I remember, Battle.net has always been free.
It could soon change. The hopeful side is that they don't butcher the game.

OM NOM NOM NOM
I see them butchering this.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

FREE!?
WOOHOO

MPQ left, so it's not going to be "as good" for sure, but it looks pretty promising.  ;8

Rep:
Level 89

FREE!?
WOOHOO

MPQ left, so it's not going to be "as good" for sure, but it looks pretty promising.  ;8
Yeah you got a point. But whats the game going to be about. Diablo is dead. The point of one and two is that your suppose to kill diablo. In 2 he kills the stone that keeps him alive. What else is there they can do?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
In the story, Diablo can never really die for good, I know his coming back has something to do with a meteor, but nothing moar.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the destruction of the worldstone has a big part in it. (obviously)

EDIT2: The spirits of Diablo, Baal and Mephisto live on, I'm pretty sure. You kill body of Tal Rasha when you fight Baal, the Wanderer when you fight Diablo and someone else when you fight mephisto. So maybe they're going to use that.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:32:49 PM by Junpei »